Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

leggo wrote: »
    VOW tell you when the interview starts so you can just skip ahead to that.

Ha ha ha! That's brilliant. Very useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

jaykhunter wrote: »
    AOW is the probably the biggest wrestling podcast in the world aside from maybe Austin's, it's probably taken as a given! That said I can't listen to the reams and reams of ads on wrestler podcasts, so I'll only check it out if there's a lot of traction online about an episode. I don't blame them (there's tens of thousands made from ads on Podcast One on every show) but I think spending like 12 minutes reading out ads is taking this piss!

Not to be overly pedantic but I don't think this is the case anymore. Jericho is the only other wrestling podcast that usually rate in iTunes overall charts (assuming they are accurate). JR and Tazz slip in sometimes too. But I'd guess they're doing multiple times what Cabana is doing nowadays, depending on the guests.

Finished the Hogan and Flair podcast. Loved at the end when Hogan started talking about how he watches all of WWE's programming and 'downloads all the stuff from Japan' because he's such a big wrestling fan. :pac: Definitely worth a listen, they tell some good stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listening to the Dudleys podcast with Jericho. They seem like sound guys and seem like good friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Colt has more of a laid back style of podcasting, I don't think he has a list of questions in his head when recording an episode.

I enjoy Talk is Jericho the most though, since Jericho always get good guests on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

mxph3 wrote: »
    Colt has more of a laid back style of podcasting, I don't think he has a list of questions in his head when recording an episode.

I enjoy Talk is Jericho the most though, since Jericho always get good guests on the show.

Yea y2j would be my favourite also as he has the best guests and I like how he just goes through former wrestlers career bit by bit. A good format

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Flairs podcast is without a doubt the most entertaining out there. I love how they just get straight into the interview. Flairs co-host, Conrad is really good at keeping the flow going too.

My second favourite is Sam Roberts wrestling podcast. Would highly recommend this one. He consistently has huge guests every week and a great wrestling round up at the end of every show. Sam is a great interviewer and a cool guy.

Jericho has some great guests on from time to time, always skip the musical stars etc. Probably the best of the podcast one bunch.

A lot of Austin's shows are missable. When he started the podcast, it was unmissable, not a lot of others doing it at the time, he was once a week and had a consistent stream of huge guests. Now I think he's stretched thin with two a week with no break. Most of his shows that have no wrestling guest are a complete waste of time and I think he knows it.

By the way along with the voices of wrestling page which rounds up all the shows each week, I recently discovered this website from the PW Torch guys which reviews and breaks down each podcast along with times/subjects etc Click here

The Jim cornette podcast the last few weeks has been extremely thought provoking outside of the actual interview. Love his podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Two slightly random ones:

Dave Meltzer interviewed about pro wrestling video games - https://soundcloud.com/discussionswithdao/wrestling-with-pixels-7-dave-meltzer-interview

Wade Keller on the history of newsletters and pro wrestling journalism (about 45mins in)- http://www.sheetsandwich.com/040-breaking-news-popular-f4w-podcast-cancels-raw-reports-raw-ratings-what-is-meltzer-missing-pw-torch-editor-wade-keller-interview-more/

Ah, Wrestling with Pixels. At least that's something! Feel sorry for Maffew who lent his name for his good friend's project "Botched Productions". Dude collected like $26,000 and two years later still hasn't produced the book.

• Advertisement

Ah, Wrestling with Pixels. At least that's something! Feel sorry for Maffew who lent his name for his good friend's project "Botched Productions". Dude collected like $26,000 and two years later still hasn't produced the book.

Do you know anything more about it? There's not much online about who is even behind it and that Soundcloud feed is filled with bizarre random stuff.

Where can you listen to Cornettes podcast?

i use downcast on my phone and it's on mlw radio along with loads of other wrestling podcasts. I'm sure it's on itunes.

edit: It is on itunes. just search for mlw radio and up they appear.

MLW, they have a podcast app in addition to an RSS feed.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Jim cornette podcast the last few weeks has been extremely thought provoking outside of the actual interview. Love his podcast.
    He's a headbanger tbh but an entertaining one at times. I rotate his podcast in and ot of my listens every now and then.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Do you know anything more about it? There's not much online about who is even behind it and that Soundcloud feed is filled with bizarre random stuff.

Really just from twitter/Kickstarter/WWP's facebook https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling/posts/1378861
    https://www.facebook.com/wrestlingwithpixels/posts/705907982876475

Maffew was incorrectly mentioned as the guy behind the project on another podcast, which caused him to bring more attention/give out to WWP about it. The jist is they've some some videos/interviews done, but in general it's just a ton of excuses and slim on progress details. The main one is they say it'll be released at the end of the year.

Really just from twitter/Kickstarter/WWP's facebook https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling/posts/1378861
    https://www.facebook.com/wrestlingwithpixels/posts/705907982876475

Maffew was incorrectly mentioned as the guy behind the project on another podcast, which caused him to bring more attention/give out to WWP about it. The jist is they've some some videos/interviews done, but in general it's just a ton of excuses and slim on progress details. The main one is they say it'll be released at the end of the year.

He's listed and pictured as one of the authors on the Kickstarter page. Pretty deceitful if he's not involved at all! It seems strange to even bother updating if they didn't intend to produce a book at some point.

He's listed and pictured as one of the authors on the Kickstarter page. Pretty deceitful if he's not involved at all! It seems strange to even bother updating if they didn't intend to produce a book at some point.

Well the book is said to be published by year's end. The guy behind it is one of Maffew's friends (which is sad given the situation) and Maff hasn't had anything to do with it for well over a year anyway. IIRC he lent his help with writing parts and interviews etc at the start. Best to just ask Maffew, he's very up front about things.

Liking the shieks podcast with Jericho.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Liking the shieks podcast with Jericho.

I was avoiding it due to Shieky being possibly coherent.

Is it worth the listen?

Between The Sheets is 5 hours today..... it covers nov 10-16 1996

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I stopped listening to the Shiek podcast. I was waiting for him to do Iron Shiek stuff and he just chatted, it was literally Jericho carrying him as he would if they wrestled today, he gave a factually correct (we're to assume) answer to everything that was put in front of him and nothing more. Just one of those ideas that looks good on paper then not in practise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

beakerjoe wrote: »

Between The Sheets is 5 hours today..... it covers nov 10-16 1996

Its acually 4hrs 23mins :p Im sure they recorded for 5+ hours though. Its Kris, Bix and Dave Prazak so Im sure it will be well worth the time invested. BTS and Voices of Wrestling are the 2 cant miss podcasts for me each week. Exile is also fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

LeeJM wrote: »
    Its acually 4hrs 23mins :p Im sure they recorded for 5+ hours though. Its Kris, Bix and Dave Prazak so Im sure it will be well worth the time invested. BTS and Voices of Wrestling are the 2 cant miss podcasts for me each week. Exile is also fantastic.

Both casts take about a week to get through most weeks :pac:

Joe and Rich are a great listen and the long casts fly by.

BTS is such an educational podcast, the little things I didnt know are fasinating, in particular the mid 80's to early 90's shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I like John Pollock but Jimmy Korderas is so boring I can't listen to him. He's a nice guy but he's unmercifully dull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

Hi guys,

Been doing this for a few months, didn't cop there was a podcast thread here. Anywho, Bah Gawd Almighty! is basically a video podcast where myself and 2 other lads who on a (sort of) monthly basis get together, have a few cans and review Wrestling PPV's of old from the "Big 3"; WWF/E, WCW/NWA and ECW. Essentially the entire WWE Network back catalogue (I've got my hands on Collison in Korea also and will hopefully get the WCW/NJPW Supershows too). You can get audio-only versions on iTunes, Stitcher, Podcast Addict etc.

Our latest episode is, fittingly, WWF Survivor Series 1987 which I've posted the link to the video below (can't embed Dailymotion, or at least, I don't know how). I've also posted our previous episode to that, NWA Starrcade '87. (As you can tell between the sound quality of episodes, we got some new equipment).

Hope you enjoy.

Bah Gawd Almighty! #5 - NWA Starrcade '87

Bah Gawd Almighty #6 - WWF Survivor Series 1987

Cheers!

I heard Meltzer was giving out about dirtsheets and podcasts recently on a show - anyone know which show/date?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

I've never actually listened to a podcast in my life

What are the best wrestling ones to check out?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I've never actually listened to a podcast in my life

What are the best wrestling ones to check out?

Cheers

Im not being smart but check back over the last 5 or 6 pages of this thread and you will see all the best ones mentioned or recommended. Theres hundred of them and everyone has their own specific favourites.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

LeeJM wrote: »
    Im not being smart but check back over the last 5 or 6 pages of this thread and you will see all the best ones mentioned or recommended. Theres hundred of them and everyone has their own specific favourites.

Cheers I'll have a proper read on my lunch mate

• Advertisement

I highly recommend Talk is Jericho since Jericho always gets good guests on the show. His latest episode with Luke Harper is worth checking out.

I also check out Stone Cold and JR podcasts every now and again.

Advertisement