Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titleist 915

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,771 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Agree dan - was just tormenting myself for last year.

Held out well.

I don't change equipment much at all.

And did have my best driving ever with 910 and scores.

But, I couldn't believe my ball flight when I practiced with 915 - then stood up and hit a draw, then a fade with it and went - ok I getting this (lol)
    But look, sometimes you need something to push you on too, confidence wise and a club can do that.

By the way - no way I was trading 910 - shaft alone could be called on - but nice feel to have a slighter less weight in shaft. I think new shaft alone has increased height.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Agree dan - was just tormenting myself for last year.

Held out well.

I don't change equipment much at all.

And did have my best driving ever with 910 and scores.

But, I couldn't believe my ball flight when I practiced with 915 - then stood up and hit a draw, then a fade with it and went - ok I getting this (lol)
    But look, sometimes you need something to push you on too, confidence wise and a club can do that.

By the way - no way I was trading 910 - shaft alone could be called on - but nice feel to have a slighter less weight in shaft. I think new shaft alone has increased height.

Shiny things are always nice too, and they're is the mental side that you want to practice more to get your money's worth.

I think they're was a similar trend on technology on the course aswell but you seem to get real use from the GPS on course.

Maybe you'll just buy loads of shafts now and we'll see more of this
    3rd shaft.

I know.

Still.

This is the one-lol.

Think I have a problem.

I joke, but seriously I do think weight makes a big difference to how a club feels mid swing

• Registered Users Posts: 20,771 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

If I ever start changing shafts every few months - dan, here is the gun.

Crossfield is very dismissive about shafts all together.

Well he thinks it is a factor way down the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

If I ever start changing shafts every few months - dan, here is the gun.

Crossfield is very dismissive about shafts all together.

Well he thinks it is a factor way down the list.
    ha, ill hold you to it :pac:

He was very dismissive of the the SLDR aswell until TM fitted him for it and he drove the ball alot better.

But no, I don't think shaft is the be all end all. I like a medium weight and definitely feel my swing is off with a heavy shaft. But its all feel for me, I've never swapped shafts on an launch monitor.

Advertisement