Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Ageyev wrote: »
    Afaik she wasn't even invied to the premiere but showed up and invited herself!

Spoiler. but yeah, and she cried in the film too, but not for the same reason

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    hill street an irish skateboarding doc added to irish netflix today

http://hillstreetdocumentary.com/about

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles added also

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

A sad sad day. The Office US has been removed.

This was posted the other day on the UK and Ireland facebook fanpage so it looks like we will have it back.

Netflix UK & Ireland Fanpage
    14 hrs ·
    The Office (US)
    Thanks to Stephen Galbraith for this information.
    The Nexflix content team has been working on getting the licensing for the US Office updated as soon as they can! It looks like the rights they had to stream it in the UK did expire there hoping to sort it out quickly and stream it again as soon as they can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've never seen a Chromecast for sale in a shop here :confused:

Argos and PC World sold them, possibly Tesco too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

ive ordered a fire stick. Not sure if ill go the length of installing kodi on it yet. Will try it out as is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Weird, they must not be popular here due to the limited services. The Roku box is popular elsewhere but a lot of the subscription channels are based in the US. You can get BBC iPlayer on streaming boxes but again, limited to a UK address. Amazon Prime isn't available in Ireland officially afaik.

I've never seen a Chromecast for sale in a shop here :confused:

I managed to buy a blu-ray player with built-in WiFi and Netflix app but had to visit several shops to eventually find one (€100 in Power City).

so do you connect them to your tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Yeah honestly just pick up a PS3 used for around 150 euro. You have a blu-ray player, Netflix, Mubi and you just may discover a few great games too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Pirates! Band of Misfits – 10th October

I LOVE that move. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

e_e wrote: »
    Yeah honestly just pick up a PS3 used for around 150 euro. You have a blu-ray player, Netflix, Mubi and you just may discover a few great games too. ;)
    There is a thread in BargainAlerts forum for Super slim PS3 €130 from Carphone Warehouse. Lots of people had problems with their orders though. The Sony bluray player I got is great, it's got screen mirroring and the ability to use a phone/tablet as a remote. It also has some Playstation Now thing.
    fin12 wrote: »
    so do you connect them to your tv?

Roku? Yep, plug it in, connect a HDMI cable and you can stream Netflix, Youtube and whatever other available apps - there are region restrictions. They cost about €100, Maplin sell them for €120. I just find the laptop connected to the TV option too much effort tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Two decent horrors, Spring and Housebound added to Irish flix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

sweetie wrote: »
    Two decent horrors, Spring and Housebound added to Irish flix.

Nice one. Just had a look at the trailers for them and they look a right blast. Will definitely check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The really bad Taken 3 added to Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Recommendations is in the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I really liked taken 3, I think the scene where
    he is chasing the private jet with the car and just as the plane is about to lift off the ground, the car crashes into it from the side, thought it was class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭You Mirin?

IP Man 2 is on Irish Netflix now

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Recommendations is in the thread title.

Not repulsion.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭brianorb

I would like to personally thank Netflix for removing Avatar - The Last Airbender from their listing. I was just getting into Season 1, half way through, and then whoosh the programme's gone. :mad::mad::mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

About Time added to the Irish site, funnily enough I only watched it last night on the Dutch one. Really enjoyed it, a lot better than what I expected.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Mickeroo wrote: »
    About Time added to the Irish site, funnily enough I only watched it last night on the Dutch one. Really enjoyed it, a lot better than what I expected.

Really great film that suffered from a poor marketing campaign. Was made to look like your typical rom com and it's not that at all. The rom part barely features. I really loved it.

High Society added to Netflix US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Really great film that suffered from a poor marketing campaign. Was made to look like your typical rom com and it's not that at all. The rom part barely features. I really loved it.

you can see why they did it, romantic film will always bring in the crowds rather then a film really about a father and his son relationship with one another while jumping back in time. Still think it's Richard Curtis best work in the cinema world, Blackadder is still his greatest work overall. It's got Bill Nighy's greatest performance and Domhnall Gleeson proves himself a excellent lead. It's Curtis more heartfelt film.

brianorb wrote: »
    I would like to personally thank Netflix for removing Avatar - The Last Airbender from their listing. I was just getting into Season 1, half way through, and then whoosh the programme's gone. :mad::mad::mad:

Oh how I envy you.. Getting to experience it all for the first time. You're in for an absolute treat. If you can, watch Legend of Korra next.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭You Mirin?

Both IP Man 1 and 2 are on Irish Netflix now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Bad Grandpa was added to the Irish Netflix over the weekend. Very crude and very dumb but I haven't laughed that much at a film in an age.

Into the Woods added to Netflix Netherlands.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just watched Oren Peli's Area 51. It has awful reviews but I quite liked it. Always liked Peli's films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I surprisingly liked Paranormal Activity even though I am well fed up of found footage films.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Just watched Virunga, a very intense documentary/film by Netflix. It is about an English oil company who began work in 2012 in the National Park in Congo and the conservation work by rangers when a civil war unfolds. This is a brilliant documentary with some fantastic footage, available on USA and Canada regions. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu-vjWd7Tb8

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I surprisingly liked Paranormal Activity even though I am well fed up of found footage films.

I can't get enough of them, although I know they're getting old and trashy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

White God added to Ireland netflix and a few other regions, popped up on a few lists at beginning of this year and plenty of hype about it.:)

reviews and trailer.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/white_god/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement