Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Alek wrote: »
    I suggest a poll: technique vs engine

I suggest a poll on this lousy thread title .... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I suggest it be clarified if RobFowl is able to run in a race without leaving his bike behind in a rack and worrying why no one else is in a wetsuit?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I suggest it be clarified if RobFowl is able to run in a race without leaving his bike behind in a rack and worrying why no one else is in a wetsuit?

Robfowl know not about the abomination of which you speak!
    A bike race shall never be preceded by a swim nor followed by a run.....

Whats more Robfowl has now reported your scandalous and libellous post .......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

RobFowl wrote: »
    Robfowl know not about the abomination of which you speak!
    A bike race shall never be preceded by a swim nor followed by a run.....

Whats more Robfowl has now reported your scandalous and libellous post .......

Did RobFowl report it on the Triathlon forum?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Did RobFowl report it on the Triathlon forum?

Surely a forum such as that would only be available on the dark net...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

A good demonstration on cross skills from the person with the best remounts in professional racing. Don't look at the shorts, it cannot be unseen.

https://youtu.be/XE4tWHXf6o8

nak wrote: »
    A good demonstration on cross skills from the person with the best remounts in professional racing. Don't look at the shorts, it cannot be unseen.

I'm sorry I had sausage for my dinner.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'm going to do like I do at most parties and chatter away to myself seeing as you all chose to completely ignore my opening gambit.

Yeah so after two cx races I had my first spin on a cx bike just there. They're so cool! Must be how range rover sport drivers get all that superiority they exude. Decent on road manners but then you can jink left and go over kerbs and hit the grass and gravel. Very cool! :).

Look out all you B race just outside the top tenners. I'm a gunnin ..... fo yo.... fo sho.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

fat bloke wrote: »
    Must be how range rover sport drivers get all that superiority they exude.
    No, that's from the cocaine they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

nak wrote: »

Ooooooh, I wouldn't agree with that... the technique bit I mean

Kevin Pauwels is someone who I think remounts with great technique. An example from the start and some throughout...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Actually, remounts... seems everyone has their preferred side and they will only do it from that side, but I've seen Sven do it equally well from both sides in races when he has to. Now there is the person with pure perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

get to go for a spin on the new bike tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. In race trim it comes in at 8.6 kgs on my scales. Bit heavier than i thought, because I forgot to include pedals :) but still reasonably light for a cx bike. There is still some lightness to be added with a lighter saddle, seatpost (its about 6 foot long) and steerer cut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

8.6 kgs on my scales

That's very good indeed. Can I borrow your scales? :P
    seatpost [...] cut down.

Come training to Phoenix Park, it will trim itself, just like the last time.

Met Lenny in the park this morning.

Lenny's derailleur met grass.

364408.jpg

Said goodbye to Lenny.

Lenny said goodbye to his cheddar mech hanger.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Beware the long grass!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

daragh_ wrote: »
    Beware the long grass!

Your turn next Daragh...this Jonah Alek fella is dangerous company

In my defence I've bent my front mech badly last year...

Alek is a jinx!

To steer away from this off-topic subject for a while, anyone ever done the 3 Peaks CX race in Yorkshire?

daragh_ wrote: »
    Beware the long grass!

I was very annoyed that they cut the grass, spent last night picking grass out of the cassette and jockey wheels on my cross bike. Cheek of the OPW!

• Advertisement

Alek wrote: »
    To steer away from this off-topic subject for a while, anyone ever done the 3 Peaks CX race in Yorkshire?

No but I know a few who have, looks brutal. They got lucky with the weather this year. Fell running practice helps from what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Cross my palm with silver

No but I know a few who have, looks brutal. They got lucky with the weather this year. Fell running practice helps from what I was told.

Looks brilliantly brutal :) Easy to get there too - either ferry to Liverpool (does P&O take bikes) or plane should not be too expensive. e75 entry fee, place for camping.... Looks like a cheap option for my personal 2016 achievement... unlike RAI :)

i think there is a lottery to get into it

Well, life's a lottery ;)

derailleur hangers are a lottery. never had that problem single speed......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I absolutely love the new Felt F4X. If I manage to invest time in CX this year, I may invest in a new bike!

1434104066667-1q4bpc0nq6yfp-960-540.jpg

Like the paint job! But the 3k price... 8-o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

May have been posted somewhere before, but I can't take this guy seriously..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Snapped my chain practicing last evening. Got some extra hill carrying practice :P.
    It's a simple fix, second speed link in the chain.
    Got to ride a gravel trap, fun/scary times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement