Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread 15/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I lead gillispie road by 21 he has gomis cedric and Deeney to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    Ah no I'd say you have that unless Gomis really turns it on

He could do. I'm also worried about Hoolahan. He's more than capable of a decent score and Saints may have a European hangover.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Given the way this season is going for me, I fully expect a combined 4 points from Gomis and Hoolahan.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Given the way this season is going for me, I fully expect a combined 4 points from Gomis and Hoolahan.

Wes taken off after 30, 4 points was ambitious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Its been a ding dong battle but looks like I'm goosed. Feck Ayew CSF!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,861 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Its been a ding dong battle but looks like I'm goosed. Feck Ayew CSF!! :)

Andre with a Giant contribution.

Another loss - that's one win from four. Not a great start

Three from four for the Commandos. Took a wildcard to defeat the lads in the match we lost.

They now head off for the international break highly confident.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Three from four for the Commandos. Took a wildcard to defeat the lads in the match we lost.

Same, all 100% records are now gone, so 7 of us sit on 9 points with 3 wins from 4 if my count is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

I lead gillispie road by 21 he has gomis cedric and Deeney to go.

Realistically had no chance after yesterday but happy to see I could lower the margin, 46-41 final score. Relegation from I'm in now though all can change this early on. Congrats

• Advertisement

0 wins from 4, I'll be fighting relegation once again this season.

0 wins from 4, I'll be fighting relegation once again this season.

So early still. 34 from 34 and you'll be champion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Realistically had no chance after yesterday but happy to see I could lower the margin, 46-41 final score. Relegation from I'm in now though all can change this early on. Congrats

Another gomis goal would have won it for you with the possible 3bps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Leading 33-28 but he has Darmian & Depay to make up these 5 pts. So looks like my second defeat in a row. The 7 pts wasted on the bench from Myhill could have given me a real edge...
    Well your United duo gave you a combined miserable 2 pointer that suited me perfectly :o...

40-37 final score. Happy with it considering my 4 pts hit & Myhill benched.

Same here :cool:. Think I should just claim top spot back for 1 pt from our overall score :P.

Early days but I gladly take those 9 pts. Last year 45 pts were needed to avoid relegation. So if the trend is to be followed, I need 12 more wins from 34 games :p, just a bit more than a win every 3 games. Sounds much too easy said like that :rolleyes: :pac:...

Well your United duo gave you a combined miserable 2 pointer that suited me perfectly :o...

40-37 final score. Happy with it considering my 4 pts hit & Myhill benched.

Same here :cool:. Think I should just claim top spot back for 1 pt from our overall score :P.

Early days but I gladly take those 9 pts. Last year 45 pts were needed to avoid relegation. So if the trend is to be followed, I need 12 more wins from 34 games :p, just a bit more than a win every 3 games. Sounds much too easy said like that :rolleyes: :pac:...

It's very easy to fall into the relegation battle. I was flying and up to second last year, may even have been top for a week, and then went on a terrible run of form.

It was touch and go for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

How many points won this last year? Was it about a 70% win rate?

I've two wins from 4 so staying in touch in this despite a horrific start overall. It me and you (iroced) next week so I'll have to brush the dust off my well loved copy of 'How to wind up a Frenchman while remaining upwind':p

How many points won this last year? Was it about a 70% win rate?

The final table I saved from last year campaign :cool:.

2zg6jus.png
    It me and you (iroced) next week so I'll have to brush the dust off my well loved copy of 'How to wind up a Frenchman while remaining upwind':p

And our 2 H2H games...

GW | French Flair | Choke Tackle
    11 | 74 | 73
    30 | 73 | 70
    Both close affairs but I eventually won them both. If I exclude Saint André era that mirrors quite well the French-Irish records :P.

-- edit --
    I know I know you stole me second place on the last GW.

GW | French Flair | Choke Tackle
    11 | 74 | 73
    30 | 73 | 70
    Both close affairs but I eventually won them both. If I exclude Saint André era that mirrors quite well the French-Irish records :P.

-- edit --
    I know I know you stole me second place on the last GW.

Wow. 70 point gameweeks.

Remember those!!

Looks like another win for the Commandos against Boots234.

He's on 24(-4) with Payet and Mahrez to go. I'm on 34 which will be 35 when Gomez subs in. I have Mahrez and Huth to go.

So Boots needs 15 + Huth's score from Payet. Not impossible but would be some kick in the balls for me if he pulled that out of the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I need 10 points from Defoe and PVA(subbing in) for a draw with league leader iroced (11 for a win obviously)
    As a Spurs fan I'm hoping Defoe does the business for me in a Spurs victory, they need the points even more than me:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Looks like another win for the Commandos against Boots234.

He's on 24(-4) with Payet and Mahrez to go. I'm on 34 which will be 35 when Gomez subs in. I have Mahrez and Huth to go.

So Boots needs 15 + Huth's score from Payet. Not impossible but would be some kick in the balls for me if he pulled that out of the bag.

Ya you have it unless Payet does something incredible Monday night but that is highly unlikely with the way that my season has been going so far!

I need 10 points from Defoe and PVA(subbing in) for a draw with league leader iroced (11 for a win obviously)
    As a Spurs fan I'm hoping Defoe does the business for me in a Spurs victory, they need the points even more than me:P
    Had I stayed strong re Benteke and not been seduced by young Wilson I'd have this game almost wrapped up. Now it's close enough to give me a tense afternoon tomorrow :p...

My Sakho vs Richards (plus 1 point). Anybody's game. Benteke goal blew the game wide open unfortunately.

16 point lead plus Payet versus Mahrez and Schmeichel. Hoping to claim my first victory.

In other news, I just realised I have Gomis, Gomez and Gomes on my team :pac:

Phew. Victory over Zarquon in the bag. Big scalp. Lads are elated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

4 points behind Gillespie Road

We both have Mahrez, so I need Scmeichel and Payet to get 5 between them for a win. A Leicester cleanie against Villa would do it.

Need a spurs goal and something from Richards to avoid a very likely fourth defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

3 injuries to deal with and Myhill retaining his place has cost me again. I know it's early but i can't see myself repeating my late season form of last year which i think was 19 or so wins out of 21 games. Perhaps my start was worse last season, i have no idea because i keep no records of anything.

Holding out on taking transfer hits to save H2Hs and cup games is a PITA. It cost me in overall ranking last year and i'm repeating the same mistakes again. I'm in one €400 cup game where they don't discount transfer hits at all which is crazy as people can rejig their entire team on a week by week basis for each phase of the cup.I thinks it's better to focus on overall strategy and just start treating H2Hs as a nice bonus if they come through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

4 points behind Gillespie Road

A Leicester cleanie against Villa would do it.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    Holding out on taking transfer hits to save H2Hs and cup games is a PITA. It cost me in overall ranking last year and i'm repeating the same mistakes again. I'm in one €400 cup game where they don't discount transfer hits at all which is crazy as people can rejig their entire team on a week by week basis for each phase of the cup.I thinks it's better to focus on overall strategy and just start treating H2Hs as a nice bonus if they come through.

True re h2hs. I wouldn't go outa my way to enter a paid h2h, the moolah one was part of the package in that league. I wouldn't avoid a hit over a h2h, although I did take opportunity to do one this week with no cup or champions league in Harps competition.

Keep the faith btw. You sound disillusioned in recent posts. I agree that not over planning atm may be a good approach which is why i think I'll bank my transfer and observe for another week before trying to make any major adjustments.

Advertisement