Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron Micro Desktop €149 @ DELL Ireland

Options
  • 09-09-2015 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

I saw this on hukd.

Link or search for cd5003
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Doesn't seem to get great reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's unbelievable for 150.
    Where are the bad reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's unbelievable for 150.
    Where are the bad reviews?

Well its got 2.5 stars on the product page he linked with 25+ reviews.

But I'd say its worth a punt at that price, if you align your expectations with reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What do people expect for 150? It's brilliant for its price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If only there was a way to remove the wired keyboard and wireless mouse it would knock an additional €30 off. Could be good as a media server paired with an additional drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Looks decent for €150. I bought a Meegopad T02 recently for €75 for my light browsing so I wouldn't have to run a 200W PC and it works grand if anyone is looking for something for web browsing and wants to save a few more euro.

Can't wait until Intel come out with something that'll let me get rid of my huge tower and replace it with one of these little things. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

ThisRegard wrote: »
    If only there was a way to remove the wired keyboard and wireless mouse it would knock an additional €30 off. Could be good as a media server paired with an additional drive?

It's just the box, no keyboard or mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,405 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Link?

It's just the box, no keyboard or mouse.

Go to the checkout and it will have added both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Go to the checkout and it will have added both.

Ah, I see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Ditch 8.1 and do an upgrade and then a clean install of Windows 10 (see lifehacker.com tutorial) and that is one sweet little desktop/htpc for the price of a middling smartphone.

Damn this forum, damn you all..... :D

I know. I decided a while ago I didn't need a dedicated HTPC as I can just switch on my laptop when needed and use that as the server, but this has me itchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Would be interested to see how this would perform for streaming 1080p TV. If it would do that, it'd be a really solid buy at a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 davemcg808014

Would I be able to boost the ram on this device?

Apparently you can. Go to the hduk thread and someone posted a link to a tear down.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,790 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It doesn't seem too bad for the money, but saying that, for less money you have a tablet. With pretty much the same specs, but including a screen and touch functionality (so no keyboard, mouse or monitor required for a fully functioning Windows 8.1 (or Windows 10) PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

OK at the bottom of the accessories page (section 2/2 in the last category) you can remove the KB and mouse, but if you remove both the price goes back to €149. Only remove the keyboard though and you'll get it for €131.18. You can also upgrade the mouse to a wireless one for an extra €7.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Sappy404 wrote: »
    OK at the bottom of the accessories page (section 2/2 in the last category) you can remove the KB and mouse, but if you remove both the price goes back to €149. Only remove the keyboard though and you'll get it for €131.18. You can also upgrade the mouse to a wireless one for an extra €7.

Remove both keyboard and mouse and add the palm rest instead and the total comes to 127.49euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Anyone know how long this offer is on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Steps away from Boards. ffs costing me more money :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

I was looking at that last night and in the green box on the right it said there was 2 special offers. One was €80 off or the other was free delivery up to 28/10.
    It's hardly another €80 off is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Damn you op, damn you. I'm so weak it's not funny. Seriously thought great bargain, thanks.

Left the keyboard on myself and got it for 135 (I don't have a wired one and been threatening to get one for a while). I know dell ripped me off for out but I would have paid a tenner for one anyway, so I'm effectively getting this for 125 which is a steal as fast as I'm concerned!

Thanks again op

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Nice little bit of kit, although it looks like there is no keyboard/mouse included any more as standard.

murphm45 wrote: »
    Damn you op, damn you. I'm so weak it's not funny. Seriously thought great bargain, thanks.

Left the keyboard on myself and got it for 135 (I don't have a wired one and been threatening to get one for a while). I know dell ripped me off for out but I would have paid a tenner for one anyway, so I'm effectively getting this for 125 which is a steal as fast as I'm concerned!

Thanks again op

How did you manage to get the price down to €135, e-vouchers ?

I still can't see a way to remove the mouse or keyboard, can anyone else do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I still can't see a way to remove the mouse or keyboard, can anyone else do it ?

In the Keyboards and Mice section of the accessories page, there are 10 items. You need to navigate across to view items 6-10. Here you can remove what you don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Dell VIP club gives you an additional 10% off. Free to join

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

ejabrod wrote: »
    Anyone know how long this offer is on for?

It said on on of the screens I was going through whilst purchasing that the offer was open until some time in October, I can't recall the exact date but I think it was Oct 25th. I'm sure that's subject to availability though.

I can confirm what theShire said previously. If you navigate down the accessories page past the printers section there is an option to open another page of accessories (1/2) and if you click on that you'll see where the included mouse and keyboard are selected. Unselect those, select the palm rest and you'll be checking out for €127.49 including VAT and delivery.

I just bought one 5 minutes ago to use as a terminal for web browsing and working on MS Office documents hosted on Dropbox. It doesn't have much storage but for that sort of use it should be more than adequate.

peckerhead wrote: »
    Ditch 8.1 and do an upgrade and then a clean install of Windows 10 (see lifehacker.com tutorial) and that is one sweet little desktop/htpc for the price of a middling smartphone.

Damn this forum, damn you all..... :D

Is this the process you referred to? http://lifehacker.com/how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10-1720775893

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

unkel wrote: »
    It doesn't seem too bad for the money, but saying that, for less money you have a tablet. With pretty much the same specs, but including a screen and touch functionality (so no keyboard, mouse or monitor required for a fully functioning Windows 8.1 (or Windows 10) PC)

There's always one...

OP:
    "Hey guys, check out this great deal on <insert product here>"

Doctor Von shíts on Posts
    "Yeah but for less you could have <insert completely different and irrelevant product here>"

Maybe people don't want a tablet?!!

Great post OP. Bargain.

Advertisement