Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

banjolin wrote: »
    If you mean Settings in the Messenger App it doesn't have "Group Settings" in Advanced, at least not on my phone, whether Messenger is selected as the default SMS app or not. See screen shot

If I select Hangouts as my SMS app I can send a group sms with no fuss, but it is such a clunky app.

I've been through every setting that I am aware of and can find nothing that relates to Group Messaging anywhere.

It has it on mine. I presume your using the Google Messenger app called "Messenger" right? Advanced settings is under vibrate on my menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Change your settings then from the default?

Click the three dots on the top right. >settings>advanced>group messaging
    banjolin wrote: »
    If you mean Settings in the Messenger App it doesn't have "Group Settings" in Advanced, at least not on my phone, whether Messenger is selected as the default SMS app or not. See screen shot

If I select Hangouts as my SMS app I can send a group sms with no fuss, but it is such a clunky app.

I've been through every setting that I am aware of and can find nothing that relates to Group Messaging anywhere.

It should have Group Messaging not group settings under MMS, where you can select sending an individual SMS rather than single MMS to all.

Update the app maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Trond wrote: »
    Couple of queries..... has anyone paired this 128gb sd card as yet? Saw a sandisk one on amazon for £51 earlier I might pick up.

Also I have 64gb sd card loaded with music and a few movies if I bang that into the phone is it likely to freeze it up for hours?

Update on this....

Took a chance and put in the loaded memory card and it worked perfectly and instantly.

Otherwise my first impressions of the phone are excellent. Watched a bit of a blu ray movie I had on the memory card and its fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Were they Facebook profile pics? Try linking them again in contacts or syncing them in setting>accounts?

Im just guessing, I don't have FB on my phone.

Err.
    I dont think so. I am sure they were in my gallery, so I have gotten the pics, put them in my gallery and relinked them, still no joy on the headunit, I find this sort of weird,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭touts

My week old ultra 6 just died today. Wouldn't switch on. I was driving along in the car with the phone in my coat. The Bluetooth system beeped to say it lost connection which I thought was odd. When I arrived and checked my phone it was dead. Battery wasn't the problem as it was fully charged this morning and after it died I tried plugging it in and it still doesnt work. Can't take out the battery which would have been my default action for similar problems with other phones. Too late to go to a Vodafone shop today. Anyone got any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭clickhere

touts wrote: »
    My week old ultra 6 just died today. Wouldn't switch on. I was driving along in the car with the phone in my coat. The Bluetooth system beeped to say it lost connection which I thought was odd. When I arrived and checked my phone it was dead. Battery wasn't the problem as it was fully charged this morning and after it died I tried plugging it in and it still doesnt work. Can't take out the battery which would have been my default action for similar problems withI other phones. Too late to go to a Vodafone shop today. Anyone got any ideas?

I think someone else had the same problem and they held in the power button on the side and it rebooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭touts

clickhere wrote: »
    I think someone else had the same problem and they held in the power button on the side and it rebooted.

First their I tried and still completely dead. Only sign of life is the blue circle comes on when charging. Other than that its dead as a do do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I read on overclockers that's users are getting another OTA for the ultra 6. Nothing has come through on mine yet. Interesting to see Vodafone are taking an interest in this handset getting updates out.

I was told by Vodafone sales assistant that it will be getting the Marshmallow update; cannot wait, only hope it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I'm on TescoMobile, git the phone unlocked and a new nano sim and downloaded all the settings etc. However my phone says it's connected on O2 but the top of the screen says TM. Also that I'm roaming, is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

jaqian wrote: »
    I was told by Vodafone sales assistant that it will be getting the Marshmallow update; cannot wait, only hope it's true.

Wouldn't believe a word a sales assistant says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

CyberGhost wrote:
    Has anybody made a jump from Moto G? What's your experience?

I'm coming from the 1st Gen Moto G and compared to that this phone is a massive upgrade, if you are ok with the size of the phone everything else is great!

Only problem I'm having is the battery on mine doesn't seem right, I've installed all the apps one by one to check if there's an app causing it and there wasn't and I put it in safe mode from fully charged and the expected battery life was only 1 day 6 hours so I suspect it's just my unit.

But as I said it's a great step up from the moto G.
    Biggest difference for me is the screen, looking at my Moto G now the screen looks do dim on it even at full brightness, it also feels tiny to me now and I couldn't go back to a 4.5" screen ha. The way apps reload every time you switch to another use to annoy me but with this that's not a problem with the 2gb of RAM on it. And as you said not running out of space for new apps is good, I have all the apps I used on my Moto G and a few extra and I've only used 80% of the storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How would this compare to the Samsung S4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    How would this compare to the Samsung S4?

Screen: 0.5" inches bigger, same resolution
    RAM: Same amount
    Processor: Roughly the same
    Rear camera: The same, 13MP
    Front camera: Better, 5MP vs 2MP on the S4
    Battery: Bigger (+400 mAh)

Also this phone has a lot less bloatware, leaving more resources available for apps you want to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

DanC90 wrote: »
    I'm coming from the 1st Gen Moto G and compared to that this phone is a massive upgrade, if you are ok with the size of the phone everything else is great!

Only problem I'm having is the battery on mine doesn't seem right, I've installed all the apps one by one to check if there's an app causing it and there wasn't and I put it in safe mode from fully charged and the expected battery life was only 1 day 6 hours so I suspect it's just my unit.

But as I said it's a great step up from the moto G.
    Biggest difference for me is the screen, looking at my Moto G now the screen looks do dim on it even at full brightness, it also feels tiny to me now and I couldn't go back to a 4.5" screen ha. The way apps reload every time you switch to another use to annoy me but with this that's not a problem with the 2gb of RAM on it. And as you said not running out of space for new apps is good, I have all the apps I used on my Moto G and a few extra and I've only used 80% of the storage.

Thank You!

I hope it gets 5.1 soon. I'm waiting for that before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I have one of these excellent hard gel cases for sale, brand new; http://www.ebay.ie/itm/381341594675?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=650541851998&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Will sell for €5.40 (cost price) plus €1.50 p+p, pm me! Black colour.

--

I also have a red soft gel case for €3+€1.50 posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

CyberGhost wrote:
    Thank You!

No problem.
    CyberGhost wrote:
    I hope it gets 5.1 soon. I'm waiting for that before buying.

I'm hoping it gets 5.1 myself, with the virtually stock ROM on this I would imagine it wouldn't be hard for Vodafone (or ZTE) to do, but it wouldn't be that bad if it didn't because this ROM is pretty solid and has the likes of double tap to wake and the ability to remove app permissions. I highly doubt it will get Marshmallow update officially but if it got a CyanogenMod ROM of it then I would flash that and keep this phone until the "N" update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

DanC90 wrote: »
    I'm hoping it gets 5.1 myself, with the virtually stock ROM on this I would imagine it wouldn't be hard for Vodafone (or ZTE) to do, but it wouldn't be that bad if it didn't because this ROM is pretty solid and has the likes of double tap to wake and the ability to remove app permissions. I highly doubt it will get Marshmallow update officially but if it got a CyanogenMod ROM of it then I would flash that and keep this phone until the "N" update.

Marshmallow would be fantastic, but I'd be happy with 5.1. I hope they fix some bugs (
    When you press the multitasking switcher button, it does not light up the capacitive buttons
    ) with the this phone with 5.1 and if it's solid I'll be happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Wouldn't believe a word a sales assistant says.

They'd tell you it'll cook you breakfast and iron your underpants if it'll close a sale.

a982acc1-0145-46c9-9dc3-b5a989b14f7c_625x352.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Marshmallow would be fantastic, but I'd be happy with 5.1. I hope they fix some bugs (
    When you press the multitasking switcher button, it does not light up the capacitive buttons

Hmmmm mine lights up the capacitive buttons when I hit the task switcher!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Same, on lock screen.

They're usually on the whole time when unlocked. Sometimes they do go out but light up again when you tap any of those buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

RainyDay wrote: »
    No, no text at all under the slider bar for me - no 'priority' option at all. I've had a look through the Sound settings, and I can't see anything that would affect this. Any ideas?
    Make sure you're not playing any media (audio) files when you press the volume buttons. You should get something like this;
    59f8817f-420a-40be-a301-acd743751b56_zpsb3cuigbg.png

Strangely enough, when I tried to follow these instructions for screenshoting
    damian139 wrote: »
    Hold volume down and power simultaneously

the 'None Priority All' text appeared under the volume slider bar. It seems to be a bit inconsistent, appearing some times and not others, and I haven't narrowed it down to anything yet. But it's going in the right direction.

Seems a bit silly that I can't get to the 'interruptions' settings via the settings menu, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

RainyDay wrote: »
    Strangely enough, when I tried to follow these instructions for screenshoting

the 'None Priority All' text appeared under the volume slider bar. It seems to be a bit inconsistent, appearing some times and not others, and I haven't narrowed it down to anything yet. But it's going in the right direction.

Seems a bit silly that I can't get to the 'interruptions' settings via the settings menu, but there you go.

Is it paired to any Bluetooth device?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

CyberGhost wrote: »

Mine works grand. It seems to be that each device has a different bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

jaqian wrote: »
    I'm on TescoMobile, git the phone unlocked and a new nano sim and downloaded all the settings etc. However my phone says it's connected on O2 but the top of the screen says TM. Also that I'm roaming, is this normal?

TM use the O2 network so might be ok. I have had unlocked phones on TM in the past though and never saw any evidence of being connected to O2 -might have something to do with them being taken over by 3. Also from what I remember you need to have roaming on for TM to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

corsav6 wrote: »
    Mine works grand. It seems to be that each device has a different bug.

Nope, haven't even paired it in the car yet - bluetooth is switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Hmm was all set to.get the galaxy note 4 on my upgrade but this phone has thrown me....I
    I can get the note 4 for 169 on my upgrade so same price point but with an 18 month contract... Both phones are comparable with the note have an extra gb ram..
    The ultra would mean no contract and free to use upgrade later on if needed or change network...
    Currently getting unlimited calls texts and 5gb data for € 35
    any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭bromley52

I have a voucher if anyone in Cork city wants it.

Edit: please ignore this as I selected the wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

bromley52 wrote: »

For what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

bromley52 wrote: »

I'm guessing the Vodafone Smart Turbo offer from Dunnes? Wrong thread so.

Advertisement