Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Whereabouts? Can't point it out on the layout.

Just inside the main arena, Hendrix entrance and to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

John83 wrote: »
    Can you buy ice on site or do you have to leave?

I walked in one Saturday afternoon with a black bag full of ice,I offered it to a few boys pouring vodka and coke and they thought I was being a smart arse......I made their day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Fatfrog wrote: »
    It was a bit of a disaster last year, Chaplin was split in two, the regular area filled up very fast about the same as Wilde and Hendrix, jammers by 12-1! But there was an area to the left of the wrist band-search lanes, it was designated as Chaplin too but they weren't letting people in until late on, it ended up almost empty all weekend.

I think thats what the overflow camping is for, open it up if they have to.

Could be worse, at pukkelpop they have people holding a rope across the campsite and gradually move back opening more of the campsite as people fill it.

lbj666 wrote: »
    I think thats what the overflow camping is for, open it up if they have to.

Could be worse, at pukkelpop they have people holding a rope across the campsite and gradually move back opening more of the campsite as people fill it.

That is extremely anal!! No benefit what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Oscar Wilde jammers by 12 o'clock, really? Did Hendrix years back, not up for it ever again to be honest. Camped in Warhol last year and it was grand. This year the gang of us decided to camp in Wilde, as I'm playing this year and its the perfect spot between Trenchtown, Body & Soul and a main festival entrance. But we won't be arriving until between 12 and 1PM. Anybody who has camped here reckon we'll find it tough even at that time getting a (good) spot for about 3/4 tents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Hi could anyone recommend where the best place to camp would be for someone heading to the festival on their own. They don't drink so a quiet campsite if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Great job on the map. But I bet someones going to be very pissed of that's online.

Good changes to pink moon regarding entrance into main arena and cafe/bar location.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

You should be ok for Oscar campsite at 1pm or so. I arrived late afternoon last year and it looked grand for 3/4 tents.

As for chilled out camping, Janis campsite is good. It's a few more minutes extra walk but it was super chilled out and lots of room. Camped there last year and it was aok. There was also pretty much unused toilets right by it shared with the camper van folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

dublinjen wrote: »
    Christy Moore has a big hole in his schedule....but I don't suppose his ego would let him play a festival

played it 2012.. was amazing.

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Great job on the map. But I bet someones going to be very pissed of that's online.

Good changes to pink moon regarding entrance into main arena and cafe/bar location.

The full map is class!! Yea I'd say they're pissed off alright, it shows a whole host of items they might not want the general public to see! Like generators LPG gas tanks etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The full map is class!! Yea I'd say they're pissed off alright, it shows a whole host of items they might not want the general public to see! Like generators LPG gas tanks etc.

Fcuk them, they are taking their time and being pretty stingy when it comes to stage and day to day breakdown information.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Mr.S wrote: »
    While annoying, that kind of works though - in terms of fitting as many tents in as possible.

Not really. People spread out when they get to a campsite and then the empty spaces are filled in when late comers arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Never seen demand like this for campervan tickets. Some going for €250. Crazy if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Mouzone wrote: »
    Never seen demand like this for campervan tickets. Some going for €250. Crazy if you ask me.

Some people don't like sleeping with the peasants. Generally if you can afford a camper van you have moved on from camping and don't mind the extra cost involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Would it be inappropriate to ask how easy it is to sneak booze into the arena? How detailed is the search? Would you easily get away sneaking in mini vodkas or even a few cans? Apologies if this breaks any forum rules. Just a first time Electric Picnicer wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Never had a problem getting in a few cans. Just have them well covered in a bag and if your caught just come out and try a different security guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

it's actually kind of hard to sneak cans in unless you can hide them well. it also completely depends how you look, I without any exaggeration get viscously searched every single ****ing time but then they'll completely let other people walk through without even looking at them.

for drugs and spirits just hide them like you would going into a nightclub. they'll ask you to empty out your pockets and stuff too and if you have a bag they have a nice little root though it

So vodka minis hidden in the trainers or socks or the wife's bra should get through handy enough? Do they do a pad down/frisk search?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Can any kind soul pm me the link to the ep app here on boards. Playing a few gigs at ep but haven't had a chance to see what other musical delights are on offer next weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

thunderdog wrote: »
    Can any kind soul pm me the link to the ep app here on boards. Playing a few gigs at ep but haven't had a chance to see what other musical delights are on offer next weekend :)

Just follow PabloAndRoy the app creator, nothing is up online atm it won't be till next week some time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Balls, wasn't online when the map was posted. If anyone happened to be able to PM me I would be very thankful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Pink moon . Anyone know what the self inflating mattresses are like in Pink moon or should we bring own air bed?

They're just self inflating sleeping mats, they do the job, just remember to seal the valve.

Bringing me own this year as it works out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If anyone saved the pic of the map I'd be very grateful to get it in a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

Balls, wasn't online when the map was posted. If anyone happened to be able to PM me I would be very thankful.

Likewise, please and thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Getting excited now, I love how fast this thread is moving. It's better than Facebook.

Go see Pond and Mac DeMarco - One or both will be WILD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Would it be inappropriate to ask how easy it is to sneak booze into the arena?.

You're obviously new to this thread. How to sneak in drink is possibly the second most popular topic on here.

You're obviously new to this thread. How to sneak in drink is possibly the second most popular topic on here.

Haha. It's a helluva tread. Had a look but couldn't really find anything concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

christyden wrote: »
    Fellow EP goers does any one know where I can get a cheap 4 man tent at short notice. Everywhere I checked is sold out :-(

Bit late catching this but if you're still looking tesco restocked camping gear in clarehall - tons of mattresses and a decent enough looking 4 man 2000 hydrostatic think it was about 60 quid.

Also for the rest of yall the euro store in clarehall had a decent batch of camping chairs

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

MadYaker wrote: »
    If anyone saved the pic of the map I'd be very grateful to get it in a PM

+1 on this.

Can't believe the amount of time I spend in here and I miss that. Face palm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

I'm also new to the thread but would I be overly presumptuous in thinking there's no talk of booze smuggling because plenty of security guards/companies have a gander once in a while on this board?

EDIT: nevermind, just read the previous reply. Hahaha.

Advertisement