Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

andreac wrote: »
    Yes there is :)

Details on the email that came out from Pink Moon last night.
    Synode wrote: »
    Yes I posted an email that was sent out yesterday

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96780638&postcount=5521

you beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

lbj666 wrote:
    At what stage did they allow people in with their own drink

I'm pretty sure that they allowed you bring in drink from 10pm or 11pm last year even though bars were open late.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Stuart Clarke said another high-profile Irish act is to be added to the line-up. Hope to God it's not more of the same like Kodaline or The Script or some sh!te like that

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

rebelreded wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that they allowed you bring in drink from 10pm or 11pm last year even though bars were open late.

yes, I vividly remember a steward telling it was 11pm... but it was Sunday night when he told us so pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

rebelreded wrote: »
    It's not. I've seen a map. Pink Moon is where it's always been. Boutique camping is close to the Timahoe rd as usual. Very little changes apart from BYE campsite out near Tour de Picnic drop off, Wilde using old BYE space and addition of Despacio tent. There is also an overflow campsite near the camper vans. All very similar to last year.

Where exactly is Despacio?

Is Despacio is in Wilde? I remember they tried that with bodytonic a few years back and it was pretty much empty most of the weekend ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Stuart Clarke said another high-profile Irish act is to be added to the line-up. Hope to God it's not more of the same like Kodaline or The Script or some sh!te like that

monkey.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

pmalone wrote: »
    Where exactly is Despacio?

Is Despacio is in Wilde? I remember they tried that with bodytonic a few years back and it was pretty much empty most of the weekend ..

Iposted this explanation a couple of days back

Despacio is amazing and everyone should check it out, I have been to it before.

There are usually 11 stacks of speakers, with 7 speakers per stack. Each speaker is a custom build for the project and formed in a circle with the DJs in the centre. All vinyl and live mixes. It was designed to create the ultimate Ibiza style club experience and I may well spend far too much time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Christy Moore has a big hole in his schedule....but I don't suppose his ego would let him play a festival

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »

I think he just read that off here though, in which case hi Stuart Clarke.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭fits

dublinjen wrote: »
    Christy Moore has a big hole in his schedule....but I don't suppose his ego would let him play a festival

Huh? He has played it loads of times. On his own and with planxty members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Reports of decent weather conditions for next week coming through and I'm beginning to feel fairly confident about it. From MT Cranium on this site:
    WEDNESDAY 2nd September to about SUNDAY 6th will bring some welcome dry weather for most, just a few isolated showers at times near northern coasts, and considerable sunshine especially for the south and east, but staying quite cool with overnight lows sometimes in the 0-3 C range bringing early ground frosts, and highs generally 12-15 C north, 15-17 C south.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

Someone mentioned a couple of pages back that he filled a tent there a couple of years ago, would definitely be a better addition than Kodaline

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

fits wrote: »
    Huh? He has played it loads of times. On his own and with planxty members.

I just feel hes got more ego-ey in the last year or so....doesnt detract for the music...and just my opinion

Iposted this explanation a couple of days back

Despacio is amazing and everyone should check it out, I have been to it before.

There are usually 11 stacks of speakers, with 7 speakers per stack. Each speaker is a custom build for the project and formed in a circle with the DJs in the centre. All vinyl and live mixes. It was designed to create the ultimate Ibiza style club experience and I may well spend far too much time there.

yeah we know what it is .. but where is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

He played 2012 at EP. I was there. He was unreal and the tent was heaving. One of the best acts of the weekend i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

For anyone in Cork who is looking for a portable phone charger for EP.

I got one in the Topaz petrol station on Monahan Road.

€9.99 for a Kodak one, 2000mha. Tried it out on my smart phone last night, and it charged it 100%.

Seems pretty good, considering the ALDI ones are about €15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Keeping the fingers crossed

cbmonstra wrote: »

€9.99 for a Kodak one, 2000mha. Tried it out on my smart phone last night, and it charged it 100%.

I dropped in to my local Aldi this morning .. Sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭fits

Looks like its going to be really cold at night. Ive sold my tickets but going camping elsewhere now.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

andreac wrote: »
    He played 2012 at EP. I was there. He was unreal and the tent was heaving. One of the best acts of the weekend i thought.

yeah he was amazing the last time. He is still one of the best acts that i have seen at EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Aldi one is 7800mah so 4x better for an extra fiver.
    It'd do for one charge over the weekend (my phone's battery is 2100mah) but would do if you're stuck.

I know many lists have been posted here over the last few weeks but just can't find them despite scrolling back. Anyone got a checklist of what to bring that they can post again? Packing has begun :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Down to more important things. Ive got the beer, water, wipes and so on. But do I bring Meanies or Burger Bites...........decisions.........

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

I know many lists have been posted here over the last few weeks but just can't find them despite scrolling back. Anyone got a checklist of what to bring that they can post again? Packing has begun :-)

ok this is my list so far - will probably scale it down a bit :-)

Wipes
    Bin bags
    toilet roll
    bikini for shower
    towel
    shampoo and cond & shower gel (travel size)
    deodorant
    charging pod
    bluetooth speaker
    camping chair
    hoody
    onesie
    gloves & hat
    sunglasses
    dry shampoo
    poncho
    flip flops for shower
    mirror
    lights - led torch i got in dealz
    eye mask think and ear plugs
    warm socks

Down to more important things. Ive got the beer, water, wipes and so on. But do I bring Meanies or Burger Bites...........decisions.........

Both!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

meanies...there is no dilemma here.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

The Coronas added according to Hotpress. Still running with Florence/Sam Smith/Underworld Fri though, I'd be very surprised if that's the case.

http://www.hotpress.com/The-Coronas/news/The-Coronas-added-to-Electric-Picnic-lineup/15006299.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

2000mha is nothing though. I bought a 10000ma one from China and I get 6 and 3/4 charges of an iPhone 5. You'll only get 1 and a half off that one. The Aldi one seems much better value

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

pmalone wrote: »
    I dropped in to my local Aldi this morning .. Sold out!

Called in lastnight to Rathmines and Nutgrove, sold out in both. The fella in Nutgrove said they sold out yesterday morning in about an hour and that all of the other Aldis around are sold out too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Both!!

Genius. This is why the internet is so important.:D

Advertisement