Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Novella wrote: »
    I'm pretty convinced that I have two feet wedged into my ribs on my left side. Still so uncomfortable. My husband thinks it's the best thing ever though! He was playing a little game with baby last night where he'd push in and baby would push back against him. I was hoping that would help move the feet but still there today.

Awwww that's so cute! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

I bought myself a dreamgenni pregnancy pillow on adverts.ie.I'm finding it hard to turn over in the night.I had such a great sleep last nite.I'd recommend it to anyone.You can pick them up on lots of sites.The one I got unwanted present for 20.00 inits wrapper and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

texas star wrote: »
    I bought myself a dreamgenni pregnancy pillow on adverts.ie.I'm finding it hard to turn over in the night.I had such a great sleep last nite.I'd recommend it to anyone.You can pick them up on lots of sites.The one I got unwanted present for 20.00 inits wrapper and everything.

Sounds great my try getting one myself finding sleeping a struggle

Anyone else having nightmares about labour ? Dreamt last night everything just fell out except the baby, was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Texas star I had 5 pillows last night and still could not sleep ill definitely look into getting one.

Je551e no nightmares here but I guess I know what to expect.

Oh kaylami do treat yourself to the pillow it has a support for your back as well so helps u to not roll over.No nitemares my end but I'm doing gentlebirth so I usually listen to my affirmations before bed so I go into a deep sleep.Next on my list is tens machine.Hope to do my birth plan this weekend as well.Going to a breastfeeding class tomorrow in Rotunda is anyone going?

• Advertisement

Not going to any classes texas star.
    I never bothered on my first and it's a bit late now!

Wish I had gone to breastfeeding class as I may not have given up so quickly then when things got hard.

Managed 6 months on my third though which I was delighted with.

Hope to do a year on this baby all going well

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

I didn't even know they had breastfeeding classes in the rotunda, nobody has mentioned them to me! I'll have to call them and suss it out.

Was off sick from work for a few days last week with hypotension/dizzy spells, back tomorrow :(
    I visited the GP for a cert and I found him to be totally disinterested and unwilling to listen to any of my current issues.

His attitude was pretty much 'oh well, you're pregnant, obviously you're going to feel crap so just get over it and stop bothering me' (obviously he didn't say that though!)
    Not sure how much longer I can last in work!!

Sorry... Rant over... For now :)

Sorry that your feeling crap!

How many weeks are you now?

Yes Sullivk the breastfeeding class was very good from 10-12.30 informative.

Texas star what sort of info did ye talk about if you don't mind? I'm just curious!

• Advertisement

Not at all Kaylami knowledge is king.It was just different ways of holding baby,how to express by hand.Problem we might meet with sore breasts she said the first 2 weeks are the hardest especially the 3rd-4th day is when most women throw in the towel.Try to get your partner on board and encourage u that u can do it.Tell tale signs when baby's getting hungry you probably be feeding every 2-3 hours.I'm just going off memory here.Have baby take breast like a 4 year old takes a burger,big open mouth.She gave us lots of leaflets so I've plenty to read.If u want anymore info I'll send it on wen I get home in work at thew moment.

Thanks for that texas star.

I breastfed my last baby for 6 months but for some reason I'm panicking for this time!

Kaylami don't doubt yourself.If you've done it before you know what to expect and you'll be well able to do it again.I don't think women are giving enough encouragement to breastfeed in this country.None of my friends breastfed.They think I'm mad.You should join them support groups I forget the names there online 24hours support.I'll be defo joining.

Thanks texas star ill have a look for them.

It's just this feeling that it was so easy last time I'm going to fail miserably this time. Even though it was only a few months ago.

My little lady will be 1 on Saturday!
    So emotional "my baby" is turning into a big girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Thanks for that info Texas Star, do they hold the classes every week do you know?
    I wonder do they book up quickly, did you have to book a place well in advance?

Sorry only read post now I booked it through the Domino clinic.I'm sure if u ring rotunda they'll pencil you in.Ive had an awful few days.Had to go to Dr cause pain so bad at public bone in the front.Being diagnosed with PGP (pelvis girdle pain) I though it was just a ache with pregnancy but walking like I'd a hip operation cant stand up straight and turning over in bed is a nitemare.It only started Monday really.So went to physio nothing she can do.So I've been signed off work till next week.Then I need to decide what to do.Anyone else have this?Dr says head is down that's what could be causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Sorry only read post now I booked it through the Domino clinic.I'm sure if u ring rotunda they'll pencil you in.Ive had an awful few days.Had to go to Dr cause pain so bad at public bone in the front.Being diagnosed with PGP (pelvis girdle pain) I though it was just a ache with pregnancy but walking like I'd a hip operation cant stand up straight and turning over in bed is a nitemare.It only started Monday really.So went to physio nothing she can do.So I've been signed off work till next week.Then I need to decide what to do.Anyone else have this?Dr says head is down that's what could be causing it.

Hi Texas Star

Im popping in from October thread.

I was recently diagnosed with PGP, and was told this was due to my babies head being down at 27/28 weeks.

Like you, i am having a terrible time walking, getting in and out of the car, turning in bed, sitting up to get out of bed etc. The pain is excruciating, all across my front, lower abdomen/pelvis.

I went to my physio who did an examination and she told me it was PGP. Nothing really can be done but just to try follow certain tips.

× Getting in and out of car. Try not separate legs. Go in bum first and swivvel legs together into car. Same for getting out. Swivvel legs together out of the car.

× Getting in and out of bed. Sit on the bed, legs together, lie down to the side first, then lift legs again. Also pop a pillow between legs at your knees while sleeping. To get out, keep legs together, out of the bed and slowly lift yourself up. this will be sore on tummy.

Thats all i can really think off. Hope its of some help.

Thanks Cruais yep I will try everything and anything.Physio told me to get extra duvet roll it up and put in front of me inbeween my legs.Im going to try this today.she also told me to sit on my ball often instead of settee.Its awful,I never even knew this existed till I seen Dr.Thanks again and best of luck with your pregnancy.34 weeks Sunday on the home straight thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Thanks Cruais yep I will try everything and anything.Physio told me to get extra duvet roll it up and put in front of me inbeween my legs.Im going to try this today.she also told me to sit on my ball often instead of settee.Its awful,I never even knew this existed till I seen Dr.Thanks again and best of luck with your pregnancy.34 weeks Sunday on the home straight thank god.

Thats something im going to try now too. Thanks a million.

My friend suffered with it on both her pregnancies and ended up on crutches, also going into labour early both times but that could just be purely coincidental.

Im 30 weeks today so am happy im nearing the later part...

Best of luck xx

What milk formula you all thinking of using? I'm going to try breastfeeding but want to have one picked as backup, Aptimal seems to be recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

je551e wrote: »
    What milk formula you all thinking of using? I'm going to try breastfeeding but want to have one picked as backup, Aptimal seems to be recommended.

Main three are SMA, Aptimel and C&G.

Aptimel is of a lighter consistency than the other two, and it is therefore closer to breastmilk, so often recommended for combined feeding so it's not too different for the baby. However it is also a LOT more expensive. Considering you'll be using it for a year, and it's not recommended to chop and change formula, those few euro per tin really would add up to quite a lot of money!

The advantage of SMA and C&G is that they're of a heavier consistency and therefore more likely to stay down in refluxy/spitty babies. We used SMA from the start, and our baby still had reflux and puked after each feed up until six months or so. However he's always loved his milk, and never had problems with weight gain etc, so we stuck with it. To be honest I'd probably use SMA again with the next baby (which will be happening on the 12th of never!), I don't know if the SMA helped with the reflux or made it worse, but he always loved it anyways. Also - I always found their helpliine extremely good. I ended up with a lot of random questions about number of ounces, sterilising queries etc, and I always got very comprehensive knowledgeable answers. Great to have someone informed at the end of the line when you need it!

I've heard Hipp Organic mentioned lately too, I don't know much about it but it might be another one to look into. Price would be a concern for me when it comes to something with Organic in the name, and I'm guessing the ingredients are probably not much different to the other brands anyways!

Main three are SMA, Aptimel and C&G.

Aptimel is of a lighter consistency than the other two, and it is therefore closer to breastmilk, so often recommended for combined feeding so it's not too different for the baby. However it is also a LOT more expensive. Considering you'll be using it for a year, and it's not recommended to chop and change formula, those few euro per tin really would add up to quite a lot of money!

Thanks for your reply some very helpful information there. Just checked the prices and there's at least €2 extra for Aptamil.. That's a lot was thinking of the combined feeding so that's why it interested me. Will have to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My baby seems to be lying with all of his/her weight pressed against my right side. I can see and feel a big bulge all along that side, beneath my ribcage. It has been uncomfortable all day. I think I'm gonna have to try getting on all fours or something to make him/her move!

If I were you I wouldn't leave it until the morning. I'd be in straight away, right now, for a check.

Things do go wrong, and you're far enough along in the pregnancy that the baby would probably be OK if they had to do an emergency section or something, if the baby is in bother.

Hopefully it'll be a wasted journey. But the doctors and midwives would always rather you wasted a journey in, than leaving it until the next day when it may be too late to do anything.

You know what's normal for you.

I went to hospital ended up being kept in for a couple of days just to monitor, was having mini contractions but they settled again since so just have to rest now so I don't aggravate them again.

Baby is very active last couple of days which is great. Thanks for advice.

Hope you are all feeling well.

Novella wrote: »
    My baby seems to be lying with all of his/her weight pressed against my right side. I can see and feel a big bulge all along that side, beneath my ribcage. It has been uncomfortable all day. I think I'm gonna have to try getting on all fours or something to make him/her move!

Mine seems to be getting so strong gave me a kick into the ribs yesterday which were sore..thankfully baby moved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Just to add to je551es post, aptamil and cow and gate are both made by the same company danone uk.
    I'm still not sure which milk to go for myself buy the price tag on aptamil is certainly putting me off

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

je551es - glad everything is ok with the baby again. Its horrible getting scares like that. With regards formula, I was doing combination feeding first time and probably plan to do it again. I only used Aptamil and never had any reflux problems or anything like that with it. It is more expensive but you can often find it on offer, especially in Boots or Dunnes. Then you just need to stock up on it!

Had 34 week gp check up on Tuesday and I swear she might as well have been doing an internal examination cos she dug down so far into my pelvis. It was a locum and I said to her that I thought baby was nearly engaged so she was checking head position. I was sore for the rest of the evening. But apparently baby is half engaged and has dropped deep into my pelvis. She was questioning me working up to 38 weeks but I don't feel like I'll go early. Baby no.1 was engaged very early too and I ended up being induced 10 days over!

How is everyone else feeling?

je551es - glad everything is ok with the baby again. Its horrible getting scares like that. With regards formula, I was doing combination feeding first time and probably plan to do it again. I only used Aptamil and never had any reflux problems or anything like that with it. It is more expensive but you can often find it on offer, especially in Boots or Dunnes. Then you just need to stock up on it!

Had 34 week gp check up on Tuesday and I swear she might as well have been doing an internal examination cos she dug down so far into my pelvis. It was a locum and I said to her that I thought baby was nearly engaged so she was checking head position. I was sore for the rest of the evening. But apparently baby is half engaged and has dropped deep into my pelvis. She was questioning me working up to 38 weeks but I don't feel like I'll go early. Baby no.1 was engaged very early too and I ended up being induced 10 days over!

How is everyone else feeling?

Thanks, great to hear the combined feeding worked for you.

That's awful that the internal was so sore. Shouldn't be that bad. Doctors said to me baby's head is starting to engage I'm 34 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Well it was a locum rather than my own gp so hopefully I won't see her again! But I know what's coming with sweeps, internal exams and labour so this really is only a small complaint and small amount of discomfort!

Does anyone on Domino scheme know whether they'll do a scan on next appointment to check position of baby or placenta or sizes? My next appointment in Aug 20th which will be nearly 37 weeks and then I don't have another until Sept 17th at 41 weeks which I'm hoping not to make! I haven't had a scan since 22 weeks for anatomy scan.

• Advertisement

Think I've lost some of my mucus plug, (TMI here but) slight green lumpy discharge.

Would this be it? If so how long after did labour start for any STM on here? Also have slight lower back pain since yesterday but not bad.

Advertisement