Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I would get that mileage as well, not that I ever spent that much on petrol in a week but if I done that many miles it would cost me roughly €180

Refresh my mind as to what you drive wotz, i think it's a 46?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

YbFocus wrote: »
    Refresh my mind as to what you drive wotz, i think it's a 46?

e39 520i

Wish I still had my asti RX Version R Mivec better mpg and faster as well due to it being 500 Kg lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Jesus that's rough enough for the milage... I'd still have some left out of a single tank. So ~€75 to do that. €220 would be up on 1800 miles.

I know I know, diesel != petrol, yadda yadda :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hmmm just worked out I'll spend about 160 on fuel next week

Then I worked out expenses:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

I'm a manual 2.5.
    Driving it on sees 19, not driving it on sees 27 or so.
    But that is granny spec stuff and never happens.

I remember you saying you do a lot of miles is it that you have a long distance commute to work or is it that you just do a lot of driving at weekends.

• Advertisement

CIP4 wrote: »
    I remember you saying you do a lot of miles is it that you have a long distance commute to work or is it that you just do a lot of driving at weekends.

I had a long commute, its halved since!
    I have done 21k miles since january!
    Certainly diesel territory :)

Roughly €5k petrol at 25mpg average and €1.40 for petrol.
    :eek:

Stheno wrote: »
    Hmmm just worked out I'll spend about 160 on fuel next week

Then I worked out expenses:)

I love that bit too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Fcuk

Fcuk

It'll finish around 7k though for the year with the way its tailed off!
    I was burning through €150-220 a week depending.
    Mayo based girlfriend has not helped :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It'll finish around 7k though for the year with the way its tailed off!
    I was burning through €150-220 a week depending.
    Mayo based girlfriend has not helped :)

You could charge her mileage?:pac:

• Advertisement

You could charge her mileage?:pac:

No cos she'd start charging me when she comes down!! :D

That's some fair going I suppose your not too bad if it's dropping off a bit. Is the 323i high mileage so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Please tell me that that trip is not representative of the actual distance you covered to spend 220 euro on fuel.

It is, I'm typically averaging 22MPG or so and that stretches to about 30-35 on the motorway.

That's some fair going I suppose your not too bad if it's dropping off a bit. Is the 323i high mileage so ?

127k man, 106 when I got it.
    More low average to be honest.

Plenty of M52 engines going over 300k though, they are crazy reliable.
    BMW reliability rabble wabble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Getting 19mpg on stretches of 30-35 pops bangs here

127k man, 106 when I got it.
    More low average to be honest.

Plenty of M52 engines going over 300k though, they are crazy reliable.
    BMW reliability rabble wabble :)

I've heard about them being a reliable engine alright I think I may of known someone who has one can't recall though. Ah 106k wasn't a whole lot on it infairness. There is almost 77k miles on mine now.

Anyone heading to VAGE this Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I'm going up for a look. Usually a good selection.

I still don't think I understand DL reg cars :(

They have every accessory under the sun tacked on to them, are generally very high spec, seem to be in immaculate condition, are usually going for relatively cheap prices.. but I can't bring myself to even consider one. A DL reg is an instant no-no for me on a car. Even on cars that aren't 'boy racer' material. :o

They have every accessory under the sun tacked on to them, are generally very high spec, seem to be in immaculate condition, are usually going for relatively cheap prices.. but I can't bring myself to even consider one. A DL reg is an instant no-no for me on a car. Even on cars that aren't 'boy racer' material. :o

Instant turn off for me.

I work up there the odd time, and the drivers are simply mental

Am the same with Cavan reg cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Each to their own and all that but that is really stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Anyone heading to VAGE this Sunday?
    What time is that on and til when??

I'm going up for a look. Usually a good selection.

What time does it start at? I've to be in work for 3 so hoping it starts early enough for a decent look.
    Gavman84 wrote: »
    What time is that on and til when??

^^ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If you're there about 12 you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Might pop down early enough so myself as afternoon doesn't suit me really.

If you're there about 12 you'll be fine.

Ah that's grand so, will get a decent look in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Only just seen that dgt closed his account a few days ago. One of the most genuine chaps Il ever know. Hope he comes back, as he really will be missed from here... best of luck to him.

Instant turn off for me.

I work up there the odd time, and the drivers are simply mental

Am the same with Cavan reg cars

It's not even that the drivers may be a bit mental there, I just can't put my finger on why I dislike them.

If I see a nice car and then see it has a DL plate, my opinion of it always lowers. It's like seeing a lovely car going down the road, and when it passes you see the back bumpers damaged. Your thinking is "nice motor.. shame about the damage".

I have the same thinking when I see a DL plate. And I've no idea why I dislike them so much. :confused:

It's not even that the drivers may be a bit mental there, I just can't put my finger on why I dislike them.

If I see a nice car and then see it has a DL plate, my opinion of it always lowers. It's like seeing a lovely car going down the road, and when it passes you see the back bumpers damaged. Your thinking is "nice motor.. shame about the damage".

I have the same thinking when I see a DL plate. And I've no idea why I dislike them so much. :confused:

No for me it's that I feel like I take my life in my hands driving in either Cavan or Donegal, and the sheer amount of neglected cars with defective lights etc drives me nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

job seeker wrote: »
    Only just seen that dgt closed his account a few days ago. One of the most genuine chaps Il ever know. Hope he comes back, as he really will be missed from here... best of luck to him.

Yeah tis a shame :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement