Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

YbFocus wrote: »
    Was it not pretty beat up man?
    It will probably destroy the cylinder pretty quick imo.
    Just watch for a slow drop in fluid.

It may be fine but I'd be cautious of it :)

Actually it didn't look too bad compared to the on the other side.

The cylinder started leaking because the piston naturally started sliding out once there was nothing (brake shoe) applying pressure on it. Once I pushed the piston back into the cylinder it didn't leak no more.

Took it for a decent drive and it was fine.

I suppose I was lucky to find the bit in the centre of the drum instead of stuck between the shoe and the drum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Errr are you not supposed to replace contaminated brake shoes and clean the drum if the fluid has leaked......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Stheno wrote: »
    The oh has been using my car today as his needed to be jumped started.

He has the most irritating habit of allowing the fuel to run down to the warning light, and parking it up, so I go out to use the car and discover it's on fumes :(

Is he the woman in the relationship because any woman I know always does that?

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Errr are you not supposed to replace contaminated brake shoes and clean the drum if the fluid has leaked......

The amount of fluid that leaked out wouldn't contaminate anything. Think about it - the drum was off so there's no brake fluid on the drum. The shoes are to both sides of the cylinder so when it leaks the fluid runs straight down onto the ground :)

It would be a different story if the cylinder seals were ruined and it was leaking whilst driving... This wasn't the case as it only leaked when I took it apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Is he the woman in the relationship because any woman I know always does that?

Behave :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Autosport wrote: »
    Behave :P

He does have driving habits you see guys on hear attributing to women fairly regularly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

He hasn't been driving in heels again has he ? :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

He hasn't been driving in heels again has he ? :(

Nah not today, he reserves that for the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

http://www.adverts.ie/commercial-4-x-4-s/nice-clean-jeep-onily-got-it-put-cant-get-insurance/8315289

Adverts is comical. "@scubas if it's gets nct I wood do something need few bob with it my jeep it getting new beaks and dicks on it" :pac::pac::pac:

I dunno if I'd like a jeep with new beaks and dicks on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,431 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No wonder they can't build a decent diesel if they're arsing around on skateboards listening to Rudimental on their Mark Levinson headphones

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No wonder they can't build a decent diesel if they're arsing around on skateboards listening to Rudimental on their Mark Levinson headphones

Ah stop, you'll all have this thread invaded soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

colm_mcm wrote: »

They don't need jeeps. Where they're going, they don't even need roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Can gardai have any cars as unmarked yokes? I know the common ones are focus', mondeos and recently white i30 estates. Distinguishable by the lights on the side of the bumpers.

Lately however I've seen Gardai in an unmarked landcruiser. 1999 reg lwb, light blue, but all tinted out windows, drivers too - fully black, illegal to joe soap I'd say.

Very well disguised, seeing as late 90s landcruisers are owned by the majority of farmers out in the sticks.

Can gardai have any cars as unmarked yokes? I know the common ones are focus', mondeos and recently white i30 estates. Distinguishable by the lights on the side of the bumpers.

Lately however I've seen Gardai in an unmarked landcruiser. 1999 reg lwb, light blue, but all tinted out windows, drivers too - fully black, illegal to joe soap I'd say.

Very well disguised, seeing as late 90s landcruisers are owned by the majority of farmers out in the sticks.

They used have a couple of bmws as well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Yup, theres apparently a heap of random stuff. I've heard tales theres even an Evo in the mix, or at least there was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

In Limerick they do drive a white, beat up Citroen Berlingo and not a new one, this is like an early 00's.
    Saw it fly up the Dock Road with blues and twos some years ago. Don't know if it's still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

They've an old light blue forester that's on the M50 and M4 often enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

They can be in anything, I've seen them in 5 series, 407s, Connects, Berlingos and Octavias. Last year i seen them on a few occasions in a 98 Camry. Also seen them in cars that aren't even D reg's. The typical mondeos and focus are still about but there are a lot of new Hyundais and mk3 Focus's on the roads lately that are very hard to spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Yup, theres apparently a heap of random stuff. I've heard tales theres even an Evo in the mix, or at least there was.

Could be just pub talk I heard but apparently they used the Evo solely for the M1 so catch people heading for the boarder. Also heard that back in the early 90s they had Sapphire Cosworths in Dublin but they where short lived as they were too powerful for the guards to handle. Again that's probably a load of bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Je suis tres mal

They can be in anything, I've seen them in 5 series, 407s, Connects, Berlingos and Octavias. Last year i seen them on a few occasions in a 98 Camry. Also seen them in cars that aren't even D reg's. The typical mondeos and focus are still about but there are a lot of new Hyundais and mk3 Focus's on the roads lately that are very hard to spot.

There's a camry around dunshaughlin a lot.
    Didnt that girl get pulled in by a camry, the one that was done for having a welded rear diff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Could be just pub talk I heard but apparently they used the Evo solely for the M1 so catch people heading for the boarder. Also heard that back in the early 90s they had Sapphire Cosworths in Dublin but they where short lived as they were too powerful for the guards to handle. Again that's probably a load of bollocks.

Don't know about the Evo but the Cosworth spey is true.
    They broke them all up in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

sometimes the garda sense just starts to tingle, usually when that dirty d reg car with 2 lads in the front is actually using indicators and following the rules of the road

I've seen a guy in a tracksuit driving a 98 Corolla at the quays. Next I hear sirens and I see flashing lights on the Corolla.

Must be some kind of drug squad.

I'd be vary of any newish Hyundai behind me. There's a few that are used as undercover cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'd say the trick with that level of undercover is just to not do something so bad that they'll waste their undercoverness on stopping you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Je suis tres mal

Generally they won't blow their cover to stop you unless it's justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

BMW 5 series and Audi A6s are in use around Dublin.

And the Landcruiser Noccy described does too, well in Cork anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

2003ish Citroen C6 around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I've seen the blue Forester in Cork twice. Flew past me like a rocket both times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Have seen a blue/ purpleish Forester in Dublin too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement