Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

Mr E wrote: »
    I use Safe In Cloud. 256-bit AES encryption, cloud syncing, free desktop app (great for data entry), paid android app.

https://www.safe-in-cloud.com/en/

Hmmm what are you trying hide? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's for saving logins/passwords/ID numbers, not er... other types of content. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I use lastpass to store my websites and passwords

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I'll probably have to come back and correct this later on tonight after I speak to one of the lads online that is always raving on about this . He has been using it for a good while now and finds it excellent and I'll be impressed with myself if I have actually remembered the name . ( TBH I'm impressed when I remember his name, and I talk to him most nights )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lastpass.lpandroid&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I use lastpass to store my websites and passwords

Same here. Very good.
    Can pay for it using your credit on three too.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Same here. Very good.
    Can pay for it using your credit on three too.

I got a 12 month free pass for it last August so I haven't had to pay for it at all yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Cheers. Any that have a once off purchase and snyc across devices ? Prefer not to do annual subs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Uriel. wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good (especially secure) username/password/pin locker app for storing all of your various account details.

Cheers

Use lastpass

It's been the best one I've tried so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

daytob wrote: »
    why dont you up it to drive and share the video that way?

So you reckon taking the video, uploading to drive, entering contact names, creating a sharing URL, sending it to them and waiting for each person to download/view the video is somehow more convenient than opening a whatsapp group, hitting record and then hitting send?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

So you reckon taking the video, uploading to drive, entering contact names, creating a sharing URL, sending it to them and waiting for each person to download/view the video is somehow more convenient than opening a whatsapp group, hitting record and then hitting send?

Don't waste your breath mate, your talking to the type of people who think Vodafone is the only mobile provider in the country, who think Eircom are the only Broadband providers in the country, who are still amazed when they text someone in Australia "and they get it straight away" and who think Radio 1 is the only channel on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Don't waste your breath mate, your talking to the type of people who think Vodafone is the only mobile provider in the country, who think Eircom are the only Broadband providers in the country, who are still amazed when they text someone in Australia "and they get it straight away" and who think Radio 1 is the only channel on the radio.

We have 2fm as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

...here, I'm happy enough with my Atlantic 252.

I know it's out a while, but I've just started Peggle Blast in the last few days and it's a brilliant version. Lots of new mechanics (compared to the regular Peggle and Peggle Nights). Standard FTP model (5 recharging lives etc.) but no paywalls yet - I'm at about level 60.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.pegglex_row

Angry Birds 2 is out. Looks more polished than the first generation of Angry Birds games. Uses the ubiquitous 5 lives model and map screen that seems to be in most free to play games these days.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rovio.baba

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

App Install Tracker.

Gives the history of app install dates on device. Handy for troubleshooting what app you installed a few days ago that's could be causing battery drain etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=johndoeapps.site.com.google.sites.android.appinstallhistory

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Angry Birds 2 is out. Looks more polished than the first generation of Angry Birds games. Uses the ubiquitous 5 lives model and map screen that seems to be in most free to play games these days.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rovio.baba

IAPs €0.99 to €99.99! :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Has anyone installed Sopcast? It's my favourite PC streamer but the permissions are set to "violate" on my Android TV. Don't trust it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

Hi guys, new phone in hand and not up to date on things. Adaway seems like a must have so I'll probably root. Any other basics? There's only Google play for music on this device. In not to keen on all of Google's stuff. It's a bit much. I just downloaded black player, it seems alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Hi guys, new phone in hand and not up to date on things. Adaway seems like a must have so I'll probably root. Any other basics? There's only Google play for music on this device. In not to keen on all of Google's stuff. It's a bit much. I just downloaded black player, it seems alright.

Have a look at adguard. Doesn't require root.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

Patww79 wrote: »
    Spotify is the clear alternative to Google Play music unless you're actually playing your own MP3's. I liked the UI on Doubletwist for that.

Playing my own music. I dislike streaming services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Any other basics? There's only Google play for music on this device. In not to keen on all of Google's stuff. It's a bit much. I just downloaded black player, it seems alright.
    I'd recommend downloading cm apps from the play store and then downloading Apollo music player from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

i am looking for a music app, which will work like rocket player in the respect that i can browse folders on my external sd card...not just browse by artist or album......but...with the ability to play on chromecast......thanks in advance for any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭corkie

dougm1970 wrote: »
    i am looking for a music app, which will work like rocket player in the respect that i can browse folders on my external sd card...not just browse by artist or album......but...with the ability to play on chromecast......thanks in advance for any replies.

Shuttle+ has chromecast support and the ability to browse folders on sd card!

I got it as an amazon free app of the day once!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

fook me....rocket player does have a setting for chromecast....works perfect.

scrub that question so

what a great little app it is.

thanks for the shuttle+ reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

jgbyr wrote: »
    Have a look at adguard. Doesn't require root.

How safe is this app, it's looking to create a vpn?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Google Photos is a very handy one to have

Google Photos is great. I have nearly 8,000 photos in the cloud, all nicely organised.

• Advertisement

Google Photos is great. I have nearly 8,000 photos in the cloud, all nicely organised.

Could this be used an alternative to Dropbox ? I'm losing 10GB of my Dropbox space next month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement