Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S05 Ep10 - "Mother's Mercy" - HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'd often say certain things are cringeworthy, but I'd never actually cringe at the TV. That is until the bit where Bronn was leaving and yer one said something like "you need a good girl but a bad pussy"......That really was a little cherry of awfulness atop a big cake of sh1te.

A lot of those scenes could have waited until next season. There was no real need for any of the Mereen stuff.

I thought the Cersei scene was about the only one that lived up to the standard of GoT, possibly Arya's killing scene too, the rest felt very "TV showish", i.e. The candle BS, Brienne finding Stannis, the lads bitching to each other for 10 minutes in Mereen.

I suppose now that Jon has died he'll be free to leave the nights watch once he's brought back to life by mellisandra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

mwqo5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Al Capwned wrote: »
    And **** GRRM.

Ah now....I wouldn't be blaming him for the tripe that this season was. The show writers seems to have gone to f**k this year.
    I've not seen ep 10 yet. Can't be worse than ep 9 surely.

\skiddadles from thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Jon snow to be reserucited , take control of the wildlings. Find Theon and Sansa. Obliterate the bolton'sand rule the north. Give Ramsey to that giant wildling as a sex slave. Justice is served.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Love Cresei's new hairdo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Wow... just... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

I'm legitimately pissed right now. There is nothing in Westeros left worth saving. At this point I'm rooting for the White Walkers to rain down icy annihilation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

In an interview the guy who plays JS says he was told the character is dead and won't be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

In an interview the guy who plays JS says he was told the character is dead and won't be back.

He knows nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

FFS, this series is downright perverse the way it bumps off nearly every character you get invested in, not even the Sopranos whacked so many major players -or at least the Sopranos kept them around longer before whacking them. I wonder now that the anti-Wildling faction have murdered Jon Snow will they take over the Watch and attack the wildlings that were let in past the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

The Stannis scene was very oddly done, with Brianne doubting herself and cutting away before he actually is killed, I feel as if he may still be alive.

He knows nothing.

How do you work that one out, the directors told him he won't be back, filming on the next series isn't too far away so one would imagine he would kinda need to know if he was coming back or not.

BTW I hope I'm wrong and he isn't dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I have to admit i let out a cheer when ramseys bitch was killed by Theon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

After that ending, fcuk this show, I'm out.

(for a year anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

**** THAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Good to see the Dothraki back, gonna watch season 1 and see if I recognise any of them- cuase if they from same tribe as Karl Drogo she could be in sh!t
    Great that Vary's is back with Tyrion.

Thought the Cersei scene was well done- disagree with those saying was too long- needed to be to show the torment she went through on the way to the Castle
    The Mountain was known was "Lannister's Wild Dog"- now he is a trained dog, arguably making him more dangerous

Rather touching scene with Jamie and her daughter - I'm guessing she is dead though as she had no antidote
    But is Trystan on the boat with Jamie? Surely he will be help captive now- rather stupid plan

Stannis really had a **** two days:
    Day 1: Wake up and Have Half of Horses and Food Supply burnt - Burn Daughter Alive
    Day 2: Wake up and snow melting but Half of Army Gone with All Horses, Wife Hung Herself, Red Witch abandons you, Army Slaughtered, Killed by Brienne

Guessing Sansa and Theon will run into Pod and Brienne

Have feeling Sam, Gilly and The Baby That Has Been A Baby For About 3 Seasons And Refuses To Grow is gonna have story arc in Season 6 in Old Town- which I'm not looking forward too.

Pure shneaaaaaaaaky how Red Witch kinda implied that Shireen was killed in the battle, rather than say she was burnt alive
    I'm guessing she gonna try resurrect Jon like Brotherhood Without Banners did to One Eyed Chap- but she never did it before. Hoping Jon not gone though

Great to see Ayra kill that fncker but she is what, blind now?

Someone mentioned about all of Stannis' dead army being resurrected by the Whites, but it doesn't work this way, does it? I mean, I always thought that they had to be killed by the Whites army to be brought back as such.

The Cersei scene was fantastically well done- someone said it was too long, but I felt it was the perfect length. It was cringey, painful, and you were supposed to feel everything she felt.

Totally surprised by their "killing" off Jon Snow, but tbh, I really hope they don't bring him back. He's fantastic, but it would undermine the whole effect of his being killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why exactly is he a traitor? Because he let the wildlings pass the wall?

Also an entire season and not one bit of Brann and Rickon

• Advertisement

wp_rathead wrote: »

Stannis really had a **** two days:
    Day 1: Wake up and Have Half of Horses and Food Supply burnt - Burn Daughter Alive
    Day 2: Wake up and snow melting but Half of Army Gone with All Horses, Wife Hung Herself, Red Witch abandons you, Army Slaughtered, Killed by Brienne

Yeh, the Red Witch really bummed out there with her prophecies, I wonder who she'll hitch her star to now

So after all the S5 carnage, who is left to root for next year? Tyrion of course but I hope they don't spend all of next season faffing about in Mereen which just feels like a sideshow. Brann Stark will come back into it but he's just on his mystical quest beyond the wall. There's no goodies left to kick ass in Westeros and take down the likes of the Boltons; Brienne is just a 'lone gun' and so is Ser Davos after Stannis and his army were wiped out. And as wp rathead mentioned, is Arya blinded now, that'll kinda feck up her vengeance rampage.

The blindness is probably just to teach her a lesson for killing someone she wasn't supposed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Did anyone really give a crap as the bloodbath was going on during this episode?

'Fool me once . . . . . '

I was like everyone during the Red Wedding, completely distraught at unfolding events. Since then I've enjoyed the spectacle of the show and am still thoroughly enjoying watching it week to week but what became apparent watching this episode is that I have stopped investing in any of the characters. Cersei scene aside which I thought was very well done, I was just completely full of 'Meh' as this episode unfolded. Jon Snow is now gone, meh. Ah sure they might bring him back with the witch one, meh. Lots of meh and very little else.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

chasmcb wrote: »
    And as wp rathead mentioned, is Arya blinded now, that'll kinda feck up her vengeance rampage.

Is this not potentially part of the process of Arya changing her face

that is, we will be seeing a "new Arya" in Season 6???

Feeling similar to the rest of ye.. No apparent characters to root for and a fairly disappointing season.

Gonna get around to reading book 4 and 5 now to save my interest in the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Well I've just been to reddit and it's all over it that this is where the fifth book ends so absolutely nobody knows what will happen next..

Fair enough to speculate so.

I like what everyone is saying about Melisandre being back at the wall.. She could resurrect Jon and he'd be free of the Wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

How do you work that one out, the directors told him he won't be back, filming on the next series isn't too far away so one would imagine he would kinda need to know if he was coming back or not.

BTW I hope I'm wrong and he isn't dead.

I can't imagine he's going to give an interview and be like "Yeah, actually he's not really dead, Melisandre brings him back to life and that's that." It would kind of ruin the whole impact of him "dying".

I think he will be brought back. I don't think there's any other reason for Melisandre to be at the wall, and I think her shock was her realization that she was behind the wrong man all along. She knew that Jon was the person she should have been backing.

I still don't think she should get off scot free though. She burned a little girl alive and had a hand in many others being killed off of visions she doesn't even seem to know how to properly interpret. I hope she doesn't have everyone believing that Shireen died in battle. Davos should know the truth.

Frankly, at this point, if Jon Snow is actually dead, I just hope Bran wargs into Daenery's dragons and along with the army of the undead, just kills every last one of them. Like someone said already, who is worth saving in the damn place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Shocking really .
    2 of the most interesting and best characters seemingly killed off ,almost as a side note.:mad:

Advertisement