Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony DR-BTN200 Wireless Bluetooth NFC Headphones - €29.99 [Carphone Warehouse]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭alksander

dodzy wrote: »
    Whatever about 30 quid being a bargain, anyone that would have contemplated purchasing at €130 needs a serious talking to.

Agreed. Albeit they are nice, in all honesty the build quality wouldn't warrant anything above 50. Especially the cheap plastic used for the casing and the charger cover rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Sorry but this is slightly off topic about another product that was on special offer in CPWH

It was the Sony Smartband for €20

What are the chances of them getting it back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry but this is slightly off topic about another product that was on special offer in CPWH

It was the Sony Smartband for €20

What are the chances of them getting it back in?
    Not sure.. but I got it and didn't think it was worth €20. Traded it into CEX for about €13 a few weeks later.

You can get the far superior Xiaomi MiBand for less than it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Basq wrote: »
    Not sure.. but I got it and didn't think it was worth €20. Traded it into CEX for about €13 a few weeks later.

You can get the far superior Xiaomi MiBand for less than it.
    Yeah battery life was atrocious on it compared to the miband. And the face you get notifications to work with miband makes it even better.

Paying for a brand there with that smartband.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No sign of delivery, shoulda gone in person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Liffey Valley got a fresh delivery of these today. Customer service were able to confirm they had the stock and got the store to phone me on my mobile and confirm they were putting one aside for me. Picked it up just after lunch - 2 still left out on shelf in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

This Ad makes me want them sooooo much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB7XVlQf-_o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,811 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anybody know how to pair these with a Macbook Air ?

Edit: Figured it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

I live in Dublin, none available near where I live or work. Straight on the blower to aul fella who picked one up in Patrick St in Cork for me. Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Picked one up in HN Limerick earlier tonight.
    Nice piece of kit and I'm happy with how it fits my fat head :pac:

Thanks OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Reserved a pair last night for collection. Went in to collect and they said they had no stock. Still showing as in stock at the store online.

So not only is the site horrible to use, its also broken

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Reserved some in cork myself, but none in the shop. The shop said it was first come first served and the online system took no account of what was actually in stock in the shop.

Ffs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Reserved some in cork myself, but none in the shop. The shop said it was first come first served and the online system took no account of what was actually in stock in the shop.

Ffs :(

try Midleton, they had plenty of stock when I was last in.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Picked up the last pair in Clare Hall last night. Had them while wandering around town earlier and they are very handy. Good sound quality, and fairly comfortable.
    Thanks to whoever originally spotted that they were discounted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Their ordering system seems to be extremely poor. I had a failed order before ordering successfully a second time. However I wanted to ensure that the first one wouldn't go through.
    Between being put on hold numerous times and long pauses from their end, this is the jist of the conversation:

Me: Hello I'd like to ensure order no. 1246 is not going through.
    CPW: That order number isn't right. You need a six digit number.
    Me: That's the number listed on the email subject line. Hold on I'll look in the email... There is no other number. But 1246 is listed as the invoice number in the email.
    CPW: We need the order number.
    Me: You guys have only provided me with one number. It's invoice no.: 1246.
    CPW: I need a six digit order number.
    Me: I don't have any. You didn't give me any. If you can look up invoice number 1246 you'll find my order.
    CPW: I can't do that. I need an order number.
    Me: I don't have any order number. The only number I have is a four digit invoice number - 1246. Just look up that and you'll find my order.
    CPW: But I need an order number.
    Me: I only have an invoice number - 1246. This is not a number I've just made up... it's a number I've been given by you, by CPW. You create invoice numbers for a reason.
    CPW: But...... I need the order number.
    Me: Can you just look up the invoice number?
    CPW: No
    Me: Can anyone there look it up?
    CPW: No

Their eventual resolution was that if I got a dispatched email or received the product I should contact them to arrange a return. :rolleyes:

I want a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Carphone warehouse in general are just a joke of a company. Only a matter of time before they finish and go bust.

Firstly I reserved a pair of these headphones in the carphone warehouse in harvey norman Waterford. Received order/invoice number. Went in and was told they don't sell headphones there. They reserved one in another carphone warehouse to which they said will be held for me.

Went in to collect and they didn't have any headphones reserved they just grabbed one from the shelf for me. Went to pay and they told me that they can't actually sell these headphones as they were showing out of stock on their system. They had 3 pairs on the shelf. They then took my name and number and said they would ring me once the problem was sorted and I could collect the headphones. No sign of any call from them. This was last weekend....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    Carphone warehouse in general are just a joke of a company. Only a matter of time before they finish and go bust.

Firstly I reserved a pair of these headphones in the carphone warehouse in harvey norman Waterford. Received order/invoice number. Went in and was told they don't sell headphones there. They reserved one in another carphone warehouse to which they said will be held for me.

Went in to collect and they didn't have any headphones reserved they just grabbed one from the shelf for me. Went to pay and they told me that they can't actually sell these headphones as they were showing out of stock on their system. They had 3 pairs on the shelf. They then took my name and number and said they would ring me once the problem was sorted and I could collect the headphones. No sign of any call from them. This was last weekend....
    I ordered a pair to collect in blancharstown last week. Went in with the reservation email and they didn't seem too familiar with the reservation process, asking me had I paid online. Then I was told similarly to you dupsthekid that there was a glitch in their system which shows up the reserved ones as being sold so when you go to buy them they can't sell them. She eventually found some workaround though and I got my headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

Got a pair in the Carlow store today. Think there's 1 left.

• Advertisement

1	Held	Dublin	18/05/2015 06:18:36	
    1	Held	Dublin	15/05/2015 06:11:31	
    1	Held	Dublin	14/05/2015 06:13:42	
    1	Held	Dublin	13/05/2015 06:38:23	
    1	Held	Dublin	12/05/2015 08:48:20	
    1	Held	Dublin	11/05/2015 06:21:50	
    1	Held	Dublin	08/05/2015 08:47:06	
    1	At Depot	Dublin	08/05/2015 08:20:50	Address Check
    1	Hub In	Dublin	07/05/2015 22:41:15	
    1	Inbound	Dublin	07/05/2015 20:59:20	
    1	Inbound	Dublin	07/05/2015 19:12:03	
    1	In Depot	Dublin	07/05/2015 19:12:02	
    1	Pickup	Dublin	07/05/2015 17:06:51	

CPW finally got back to me, mystery solved. Its been sitting with lazy f'cks in nightline. We've a unique address and any fool with an iPhone can find us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Have these a couple of weeks now.

Easily the best 30 quid I've spent in a long time, great BA OP!

Two weeks later, finally get a shot at them. Box arrived pretty bashed around and theres a rattle in the right driver that makes them unbearable to listen to.

If they worked and nightline werent sh1t, then they are an OK BA. There's in ears on amazon for less that sound a good 30% better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,811 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ED E wrote: »
    Two weeks later, finally get a shot at them. Box arrived pretty bashed around and theres a rattle in the right driver that makes them unbearable to listen to.

If they worked and nightline werent sh1t, then they are an OK BA. There's in ears on amazon for less that sound a good 30% better though.

Would you have a link to those ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

ED E wrote: »

If the ones you received don't work, how can you tell how good they sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I honestly think there's a great sound out of them when they're connected to my phone. I have a pair of wired Sennheiser HD205 II beside me too that don't sound as good as the Sony ones do.

Saying that, I connected the Sony's to my PC and the sound was shíte altogether :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Saw one of these on adverts today for 100euro.... some ppl!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

€120 on the CPW site now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

deRanged wrote: »
    try Midleton, they had plenty of stock when I was last in.

Cheers, got a pair there.

Advertisement