Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,216 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Bullocks wrote: »
    Should've gone for sponge bob I think . Its a clever ould show with the odd adult themed type joke thrown in
    ye cinema staff too my bag of goodies off me on way in too as they weren't bought there:mad:

TB test failed here this morning. Vet gone about an hour and a half ago. Just got stock sorted and in for the breakfast now. Cow who went out of her milk for no apparent reason other than an extended lactation about a month ago went down. Only just but seeing as we were locked up due to an animal we sold last autumn showing lesions in the factory a month ago we'd still be locked up and this girl potentially polluting the place for the next sixty days while we waited for a retest we just knocked her. First loss best loss.

There were a few among the milkers with substantial lumps but all within the tolerances. We'll insist on all of these being blooded.
    was saying this to my dad, we had tb problems years ago, few reactors each test , my dad insisted on bloods for the rest of the cows, a good few came back positive. One red cow which had passed every tb skin test was that bad she went straight to the skip, hope you get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    ye cinema staff too my bag of goodies off me on way in too as they weren't bought there:mad:

Jesus , i didnt think they still did that . Did ya buy more in there or leave the kids without then ?

Jesus , i didnt think they still did that . Did ya buy more in there or leave the kids without then ?
    i had bought their meal thingies, popcorn, jellies and popcorn in the cinema, had a 2litre bottle of diet coke-bought for 1.49 in dealz- and some grapes for me and to top up their drinks. He took the bag off me and gave it back to me after film, medium diet coke cost me 3.95:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Odelay

Just after looking at a load of Temple Grandin videos on youtube, very interesting and loads of common sense, her biggest concern is non slip flooring, it was interesting to hear that but again thinking about it it makes sense. It's all about the simple things.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Base price wrote: »
    Reading your comment reminded me of when I was a youngster and sitting up with my family to watch the biggest fight in the history of boxing at that time :)
    RTE showed The Deer Hunter (first showing) to fill in the hours before the fight was televised.
    I remember the film but cannot remember the bout or who was involved. My Mam was and still is a great boxing/GAA/national hunt and greyhound supporter at 88 years of age.

I remember the night well. I was 9. And stayed up. Ali Vs Leon Spinks 1978!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I remember the night well. I was 9. And stayed up. Ali Vs Leon Spinks 1978!
    Thanks for that GC. I thought it was probably Ali as my Mam was a great fan.
    I was 12 at the time and the "baby" in the house and remember my Mam giving out about me watching the Deer Hunter :)
    In order to wile away the hours my Mam had decided to bake. Thankfully she was busy in the kitchen making pastry and apple tarts and didn't see most of the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

They do, and ya can't even use kids as sweetie mules either, they'll insist on looking in bags etc. and if you don't let them, no entry. Probably the main reason I don't bother going any more as the cost of edibles in there is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The kids on duty in Cavan Odeon haven't got the accertivneess or interest in taking your sweets. Also there is a Dealz next door

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    The kids on duty in Cavan Odeon haven't got the accertivneess or interest in taking your sweets. Also there is a Dealz next door

Eye cinema in Galway does, haven't been to the other one/s in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

They do, and ya can't even use kids as sweetie mules either, they'll insist on looking in bags etc. and if you don't let them, no entry. Probably the main reason I don't bother going any more as the cost of edibles in there is stupid.

If somebody searched me going into the cinema i don't know would i die of embarrassment or rear on them:D

If somebody searched me going into the cinema i don't know would i die of embarrassment or rear on them:D

Sorry I was wrong above, as it's been a while since I was in. They insist on you leaving any half decent sized bags in their lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Sorry I was wrong above, as it's been a while since I was in. They insist on you leaving any half decent sized bags in their lockers.
    wonder would they go through peoples handbags? i just had a carrier bag

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

wonder would they go through peoples handbags? i just had a carrier bag

Herself brings a large handbag and plenty of goodies and we've never been stopped. They can't look in your handbag, but they have the right to refuse entry, which would be fairly Embarrassing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

All of a sudden I want to protest and chain myself to the railings outside that cinema and protest.
    I am going to make a "Down with this sort of thing" poster. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

All of a sudden I want to protest and chain myself to the railings outside that cinema and protest.
    I am going to make a "Down with this sort of thing" poster. :D

Careful now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Odelay wrote: »
    Just after looking at a load of Temple Grandin videos on youtube, very interesting and loads of common sense, her biggest concern is non slip flooring, it was interesting to hear that but again thinking about it it makes sense. It's all about the simple things.

Yeah the stuff she talks about is all fairly simple really when you think about it! The vids a certainly worth the look! I watched a lot of them just to see some of the clever little bits they have in the crushes and races, stuff like the backing gates that only come in a small amount from each side of the crush rather than a long bar like they're all trying to sell here!

On the cinema taking stuff saw a great pic the other day of how to sneak stuff in! They packed it all into a shoe box! All you'd need is a fresh box and a clean carrier bag from whatever shop in the centre sells shoes!!

sister went to cinema today and got her goodies in no problem, she put them in her handbag

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I survived kilarney !.. just about. The wallet is fairly sore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

davidk1394 wrote: »
    I survived kilarney !.. just about. The wallet is fairly sore

I heard it was a load of sh1t this year, guards haunted the place.

Yeah guards everywhere. We went off out towards killorglin and there wasn't any sign of a squad car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

This snooker is great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Ya the fcukers took a lot of cars off lads this year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

Looks like it's going to be a long night there, I'd like to see Bingham win it.

rushvalley wrote: »
    Ya the fcukers took a lot of cars off lads this year too.

A lad we know is going to court for doing rings out the cork road. A heap of done up unmarked cars going around

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

tanko wrote: »
    Looks like it's going to be a long night there, I'd like to see Bingham win it.

Will Murph pull it out of the bag after that lucky red.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I've got more and more into it in the last few years - great to see a new name on the trophy too. A very likeable lad who won it the hard way beating greats like O'Sullivan etc. along the way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Getting near time for Whelan2 to start another Chit Chat thread.

It only seems like yesterday when CC1 was born:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I wonder what snazzy title the mods will put on CC6

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement