Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The victims of Ricky Gervais

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Forgive me if I don't shed a tear for her

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Going for a most threads created record? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

You reap what you sow.

Don't take a photo with said 'culled' stock then and allow it to be distributed on social media.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Going for a most threads created record? :confused:

Is there a record for mini modding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

sorry there but a giraffe.........that's the equivalent of me punching kittens in the face.... how can someone feel proud of that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Getting a strange tingling in my nether regions...

Sexy hardcore hunter MILF :eek:

On a serious note...I have no problem with the hunting & killing of game as long as it's for consumption & not for sport.

Good on him.

Mesrine65 wrote: »

On a serious note...I have no problem with the hunting & killing of game as long as it's for consumption & not for sport.

I have no issue as long as it's legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Saying you hope someone dies isn't really a death threat is it? I would consider a death threat something more along the lines of threatening to kill the person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

What a horrible beast of a woman. Death threats are obviously not appropriate.
    (But I would shove the bow and arrow up her arse!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Saying you hope someone dies isn't really a death threat is it? I would consider a death threat something more along the lines of threatening to kill the person

The way things are going, particularly on social media, I don't think it really matters any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

“Kill her and let's lay next to her.”

dark but funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Saying you hope someone dies isn't really a death threat is it?

It's just a statement of fact isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Mesrine65 wrote: »

she is very decent indeed.

but I agree - if it's killing for eating but trophy killing for the sake of it is idiotic and sadistic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I'm pretty ignorant on the subject of hunting with fire arms in general but it stands to reason from a business POV that whatever game company was hired is going to invest some effort into keeping the herd population healthy. The money earned in killing that giraffe or whatever creature (some of it) would benefit the species. I only say this from a business POV in that it makes sense.

Secondly: If you consume anything and not just in terms of food (unless your very knowledgeable and careful) in today's world, your probably using some animal by product. I think its only fair before you go issuing death threats to anybody over hunting on whatever grounds, you should be forced into your local abattoir of choice and forced to work the kill for a few hours. After this and if you commit to use no more animal by products, I think you should be aloud to give death threats to hunters.

Don't go crying about the poor giraffe when the little lamb in the field next door will be up on your dinner table next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I think Gervais is great.

There, I said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Bambi wrote: »
    Forgive me if I don't shed a tear for her

Must be very emotional for you Bambi.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

I don't see the challenge in hunting big game with a rifle, but I'd say it would be gas to see a giraffe falling over.

(Sorry giraffe, I mean you no harm, just a silly image in my head)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭simonw

fizzypish wrote: »
    I'm pretty ignorant on the subject of hunting with fire arms in general but it stands to reason from a business POV that whatever game company was hired is going to invest some effort into keeping the herd population healthy. The money earned in killing that giraffe or whatever creature (some of it) would benefit the species. I only say this from a business POV in that it makes sense.

Secondly: If you consume anything and not just in terms of food (unless your very knowledgeable and careful) in today's world, your probably using some animal by product. I think its only fair before you go issuing death threats to anybody over hunting on whatever grounds, you should be forced into your local abattoir of choice and forced to work the kill for a few hours. After this and if you commit to use no more animal by products, I think you should be aloud to give death threats to hunters.

Don't go crying about the poor giraffe when the little lamb in the field next door will be up on your dinner table next Sunday.

It's not necessarily "Oh, the poor giraffe", so much as the smiling selfies though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

valoren wrote: »
    You reap what you sow.

Don't take a photo with said 'culled' stock then and allow it to be distributed on social media.

Perhaps the 'problem' is the disproportionate, mob justice, reactionary response of the twiterati who behave for all the world like the 'Committee of Public Safety' during 'The Terror' in the wake of the French revolution, lopping the heads off anybody not wearing the tricolour correctly.

I'd like to licence the hunting of twitter mobs, they're badly in need of a 'cull'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

simonw wrote: »
    It's not necessarily "Oh, the poor giraffe", so much as the smiling selfies though

Fair point. A lesson in tact and appropriate use of social media for the lass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Ricky Gervais is not a funny man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

simonw wrote: »
    Have to agree, smiling selfies are tasteless to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The laughable thing is some call themselves sportspeople. I say arm the animals and let's make it a fair fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Hey, at least she's been given advance notice, a courtesy I bet she didn't afford the giraffe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

catallus wrote: »
    Ricky Gervais is not a funny man.

I've never met you, but I can tell from your tone you're no barrel of laughs yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I've never met you, but I can tell from your tone you're no barrel of laughs yourself.

I thought you were going to give him the Taken speech there for a second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

Gervais might make me laugh if he was mercilessly hunted down and shot for sport himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Twitter "death threats" aren't real death threats.

Unless you've taken the time to cut letters out of magazines and arranged them into a threatening message, you aren't really serious about killing anybody.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

I think I'd be more angry if she was uglier.

I can't stand ugly people who kill animals.

Advertisement