Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you pay to change your appearance?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

No
    Fluff just below the hair line.
    Oh for God's sake! Shave it off or wax or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

eternal wrote: »

Wax?! God no...that sounds way too sore. The neck is sensitive dont you know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

The Th!ng wrote: »
    I'd like to have a spare head that I could keep in the fridge so that when I come home pissed I could swap the drunk head on my shoulders for the sober hangover-free head in the fridge.

Good news for you!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11436319/Frankenstein-style-human-head-transplant-could-happen-in-two-years.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

No

I'm sure people used the say the same about waxing. "Omg, just shave it every day!" Waxing suits some people better, lasts longer and all that. Lazering hair can be a permanent solution, once off thing and then you've to never worry about it again, or a longer term thing, knew a girl that had to get it done every six months or so she said, but that was it, twice a year and she was set till the next time, although apparently doesn't work for everyone.

No
    Wax?! God no...that sounds way too sore. The neck is sensitive dont you know. :)

Not as sensitive as a vagina. But we all have things we would like to change. I'm up with the laser eye as well too, I forgot that on my long list. Definitely heard positive things about it and costs less in the long run considering all my glasses are designer and contacts are expensive too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Just get coloured lenses like. Going this far is ridiculous.

I've worn colored lenses and they're fun. But I got LASIK so I wouldn't have to wear contacts anymore. And not everyone can wear contacts. I'm more curious to see what the actual results of this surgery are. Like I said, I think I've kind of aged out of it, but I'd be curious to see before and after photos.

No
    I've worn colored lenses and they're fun. But I got LASIK so I wouldn't have to wear contacts anymore. And not everyone can wear contacts. I'm more curious to see what the actual results of this surgery are. Like I said, I think I've kind of aged out of it, but I'd be curious to see before and after photos.

I asked my optician for tinted lenses and she said I was crazy, that people love brown eyes. Never did get my blue lenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

I would definitely pay to change your appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

It depends really on what I'd be prepared to live with. If something bothered me enough to want to get something done about it then of course I'd pay whatever amount of money would be necessary to correct the issue, be it a medical or cosmetic procedure.

A mate of mine pays about €3k a year for his glass eye and I used think it was crazy money until he showed me the eye socket without the glass eye... yep, definitely looked better with the glass eye in! :D

A mate......sure.......One eyed Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 23,678 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The Mulk wrote: »
    A mate......sure.......One eyed Jack

Ohh yeah, I didn't think of myself, lol, no I still have both eyes, just the vision is gone in one, you don't wanna go googling uveitis at this hour of the morning, but I only need to pay €7 for an eye patch because it looks nasty when it flares up :D

I forked out €8k for a hip operation at 22 (ganz osteotomy to fix a 'click hip' that wasn't detected at birth) before I had medical insurance because I walked like daffy duck. The operation wasn't quite as successful as it was intended to be so now I'm having to go for a full hip replacement, which doctors are reluctant to do as they still say I'm too young at 38, but at least this time I have medical insurance.

They don't really bother me as I'm used to the pain by now, but the slips, trips and falls are the worst bit (my balance is terrible! :o), and depth perception, but I'm used to judging that by now :rolleyes:

My mate is well used to it since he tripped as a child and stabbed himself in the eye with a stick, but he drives for a living, never once been in an accident!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No
    In the morning.

Here's me now

No
    What's supposed to be wrong with you again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Best of luck with the operation efb.

No
    What's supposed to be wrong with you again?

Look at my eyes (squint (cross-eyed))

Will your brain have to adjust the way it receives 'video' from your eyes after the operation efb?

No
    Karl Stein wrote: »
    Will your brain have to adjust the way it receives 'video' from your eyes after the operation efb?

Yes. That's the big risk

No
    Hopefully it will just alternate like it does now and I don't have double vision

No
    efb wrote: »
    Look at my eyes (squint (cross-eyed))
    You have lovely colour eyes, I wish you the best of luck.

No
    You have lovely colour eyes, I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks. I like the colour but funnily enough I find brown eyes sexier

No
    Thanks. I like the colour but funnily enough I find brown eyes sexier
    I have brown eyes and would love green/blue eyes so it's always wanting something that we don't have.

• Advertisement

Yes. That's the big risk

The risk being that the brain will find it difficult?

I hope I don't sound nosey - I'm genuinely interested. :o

No

Yes. You have to teach your brain a new default

No

Not at all-I've found your posts v helpful and interesting

No
    I have brown eyes and would love green/blue eyes so it's always wanting something that we don't have.

I like my blue eyes. I just find brown eyes sexy. Smouldering deep set eyes Mmm

No

Plain brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

No. I like being unique the way I am without being tampered with.

Your appearance changes every year like an inflated and deflated balloon. Over many years of this inflation/deflation scenario of putting on weight and then losing weight it causes crinkles wrinkles and other unwanted artefacts and lines on the body and face. The best thing to do is keep the weight exact at all times 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭expatinator

I'd pay to get rid of the paunch that develops as you get older.

No
    Plain brown.

I love them

• Advertisement

No
    I love them

You'd like my eyes only that I'm a woman and I'm short sighted.

Advertisement