Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

yamiki wrote: »
    Girls never mind work, ye need to look after you and the baby first. I'm signed off now. And it's necessary.

What did he/she sign you off with if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    What did he/she sign you off with if you don't mind me asking?

SPD, and other pregnancy fun like sheer exhaustion. He actually just put illness on the cert. Told me to get physio, which I now am and it's helping but that's it with work for me. Five weeks to go. I am now taking it really easy and resting, which is nice.

yamiki wrote: »
    SPD, and other pregnancy fun like sheer exhaustion. He actually just put illness on the cert. Told me to get physio, which I now am and it's helping but that's it with work for me. Five weeks to go. I am now taking it really easy and resting, which is nice.

You're dead right. I haven't SPD thankfully but the exhaustion is a killer. I suppose it is worth asking the gp to write me off work anyway, hopefully she will! Thanks yamiki!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I also was signed off a month earlier than I was due to go on leave with my first baby. Which was just as well as baby was born 2.5 wks early.

If you're not able to carry on don't feel one bit guilty. Life at work will go on without you and esp if you're a 1st time Mom you can get in a nice bit of rest :)

I also was signed off a month earlier than I was due to go on leave with my first baby. Which was just as well as baby was born 2.5 wks early.

If you're not able to carry on don't feel one bit guilty. Life at work will go on without you and esp if you're a 1st time Mom you can get in a nice bit of rest :)

It would be so nice to get some proper rest. Work has me exhausted! Am due to finish up end of this month anyway but don't think I could stick it that long. Not with the awful shifts they keep giving me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

girls after the day I had yesterday (2nurses out sick and no cover given to us) and today I just keep feeling dizzy and not right, bp and everything is fine though, I just think i'm not fit for it, i'm so tempted to get signed off, but I feel so guilty because i'm only back after having2weeks sick leave and i'm not the only one pregnant on the ward! only have 6 shifts left, my next after today will be saturday so might try work that and then see can I get signed off from next week, the thoughts of working any longer is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

ainy wrote: »
    girls after the day I had yesterday (2nurses out sick and no cover given to us) and today I just keep feeling dizzy and not right, bp and everything is fine though, I just think i'm not fit for it, i'm so tempted to get signed off, but I feel so guilty because i'm only back after having2weeks sick leave and i'm not the only one pregnant on the ward! only have 6 shifts left, my next after today will be saturday so might try work that and then see can I get signed off from next week, the thoughts of working any longer is killing me!

Don't feel guilty at all - your health and baby's health are the most important things. It's not your responsibility to manage the workload of the others on the ward, just your own

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    It would be so nice to get some proper rest. Work has me exhausted! Am due to finish up end of this month anyway but don't think I could stick it that long. Not with the awful shifts they keep giving me.

The n try and get yourself signed off. With my first, I worked until two weeks before I was due. She was a week early! So I had only one week off.... It's so not worth it. Having women work until two weeks before the due date is borderline barbaric. In Germany they make you finish six weeks before baby is due, which actually makes perfect sense.

Went GP today and she wrote me off work no problem with "pregnancy related complications" :D Now for some much needed rest! Thanks for the advice ladies.

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Went GP today and she wrote me off work no problem with "pregnancy related complications"  Now for some much needed rest! Thanks for the advice ladies.

congrats Kauto, I also went to gp today and she signed me off too!! kinda sad cause i'll miss work but also relieved! my bp was going high when she checked it but it settled and no protein in urine so she was happy, glucose showed up in it again though but it was after my breakfast so going to be stricter with my diet until hospital appointment on Monday and hopefully will avoid the glucose test again!

forgot to get the whooping cough vaccine when I was there, has everyone else got It or are you going to get It?

• Advertisement

congrats Kauto, I also went to gp today and she signed me off too!! kinda sad cause i'll miss work but also relieved! my bp was going high when she checked it but it settled and no protein in urine so she was happy, glucose showed up in it again though but it was after my breakfast so going to be stricter with my diet until hospital appointment on Monday and hopefully will avoid the glucose test again!

forgot to get the whooping cough vaccine when I was there, has everyone else got It or are you going to get It?

I haven't gotten the vaccine, think I'm too late to get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

I got vaccine cost my e45 from gp. I had a positive glucose tolerance test so going to meet diabetes doctor tomorrow.

I got vaccine cost my e45 from gp. I had a positive glucose tolerance test so going to meet diabetes doctor tomorrow.

I didn't think to ask about it either. Only 5 weeks left now though!

Yeah I'll miss work a bit myself but I just couldn't handle the hours anymore! Hopefully you don't need another GTT ainy!

yeah think its recommended up to 36 weeks and i'll be that on Friday so I might just leave it now at this stage dont fancy going back in again, they wouldn't charge me for it if I did go though!

hopefully wont need it but i've got to the stage where i'm just saying what will be will be!

Aw sorry to hear about the positive test, let us know how you get on, i might end up with one at this rate too!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

I took a planned day off today and feel much better for it. I'd say I was sluggish over the weekend but given what slugs do to my garden that would be giving myself way too much credit. I might use some hols and keep to a four day week from now on. Still have 4.5 weeks til leave kicks in and I don't know if I'm able for full weeks.

deedless wrote: »
    I took a planned day off today and feel much better for it. I'd say I was sluggish over the weekend but given what slugs do to my garden that would be giving myself way too much credit. I might use some hols and keep to a four day week from now on. Still have 4.5 weeks til leave kicks in and I don't know if I'm able for full weeks.

It's just too exhausting to be working full hours at this stage in a pregnancy! Sounds like a good plan to use up your holiday days :-)

oh ladies, I just got bio-oil half price in my local hickeys pharmacy, presume its in their other stores too, if anyone is using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Gar! Cross tears. Walking my dog this evening when a lab came over and jumped up on my bump.it had been playing fetch with its owner and was off lead. I had a poo bag in one hand and my dogs lead in the other so couldn't do much. I'm fine but a bit shaken. Gar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Had my hospital check up today, booked in for a scan next week because of a date mix up that I tried to rectify but the consultant decided to be awkward and disagree (silly mistake I done at the start with dates) but midwife agrees with me saying I am measuring a week ahead! But anyways everything else going good, head has started to move down into the pelvis which my bladder will confirm haha extremely uncomfortable now at this point and also very breathless all the time which I need to keep an eye on along with palpitations!

deedless wrote:
    Gar! Cross tears. Walking my dog this evening when a lab came over and jumped up on my bump.it had been playing fetch with its owner and was off lead. I had a poo bag in one hand and my dogs lead in the other so couldn't do much. I'm fine but a bit shaken. Gar.

oh deedless, thats a bit scary, I know I always feel bad if I bump my bump, i'd have a heartattack if a dog jumped on me!

ah sure its always nice to have another scan anyway babypebble! hopefully you'l get the dates cleared up with the doctor then,

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

yea i'm def excited for another scan to see the size difference since october :)

I wonder who'll be the first of us all to have our baby.....

Who is due first? I'm March 13th.

i'm march 13th too!!

March 7th but will be a Feb baby methinks :)

March 7th but will be a Feb baby methinks 

how come you think that? wouldn't mind going early myself! the thoughts of potentially another 6 weeks being pregnant is not nice!

how come you think that? wouldn't mind going early myself! the thoughts of potentially another 6 weeks being pregnant is not nice!

11 march. But going to be sectioned so will find out on 23 feb

11 march. But going to be sectioned so will find out on 23 feb

• Advertisement

Baby showing 2 wks ahead so 38+ wks today. possibly 9.5lbs if I go term +. OB not to happy as I'm quite small and first was 6lbs 2oz. So have apt with him today. Probable sweep
    And if that doesn't work most likely looking at induction next wk.

Advertisement