Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fornication from my past life

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jivedude

hellenkell wrote: »

Just sometimes it is hard for me to believe that God will forgive me after all my sins, I want to be a good wife and mother and I pray every day God will give me strength to do that

Sometimes it is hard for EVERYONE to believe that they had been forgiven but it is TRUE, you are! Keep pressing on and don't loose what you have for it's a great life and path

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

Maybe I am trolling, maybe im not that's your interpreted understanding of my post.

I think you're thinking of Eckhart Meister and Bishop Berkley etc....

As for these new age guys, im very sceptical about their motive, is it making money or helping the masses ?

Ask the born again Christians why new age spirituality isn't for them.

I was told new age spirituality isn't the right path.

I'm only saying what im told and not telling anyone by what I'm saying.

Definitely trolling and not to nit pick but it's Meister Eckhart, not the other way round, meister being German for master.

So back on topic, OP this quote from Eckhart might be of some help...

“For the person who has learned to let go and let be, nothing can ever get in the way again.”
    - Meister Eckhart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I was told new age spirituality isn't the right path.

Who told you that - an old age spiritualist?
    Every "religion" teaches that all other religions are wrong. They are of course all correct in that regard - all of them!

The whole new age spirituality nonsense is exactly the same as the older stuff, just younger. Every centuries old religion was new age mumbo jumbo at one point in it's history.

OP the only one you need "forgiveness" from is yourself. Absolve yourself and move on, the past is no longer important, the future more so, but even then only to an extent - the present is where you live and therefore the present is where you need to be healthy and happy. Live for the present, the past is gone you can't change it, just accept that and let it go, the future is less set in stone but it may or may not exist for you, there's no way of knowing - you could get hit by a bus tomorrow! Being miserable while your alive so you can be happy once your dead is insane!
    The present is where you need to concentrate your efforts - don't waste what you have by worrying about what you don't have anymore, or may or may not have at some point to come. Do your living now!

• Moderators Posts: 51,719 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Posts discussing atheism moved to atheism/existence of God superthread.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Nick Park

hellenkell wrote: »
    I was raised in a family with difficult circumstances, so I left home at the age of 17
    Until the age of 22 I did what I had to do in order survive, needless at that time my faith in the lord was not strong.
    I worked a lot, was very lonely and met all the wrong men.
    I am ashamed to admit I've done a lot of sins, I would not blame the men I met because it was my responsibly to protect my body and soul, but I was young and felt abandoned by everyone - my parents, my friends and god as well.

When I turned 22 I met a guy, the best guy I ever met, he showed me the way, showed me how real love should look like, explained to me that a'll I've been through was a test from God, that God is strongest for us in our most difficult moments, today I'm in such different place in my life thanks to him, thanks to Jesus.

Just sometimes it is hard for me to believe that God will forgive me after all my sins, I want to be a good wife and mother and I pray every day God will give me strength to do that

hellenkell, I don't know if you're still reading this thread after 6 pages of off-topic posts. I presume, since you posted on the Christianity Forum, that you were looking for an answer from a Christian perspective.

You speak of God's forgiveness as being in the future tense (saying you find it hard to believe that God will forgive you). If you have sincerely asked Him to forgive you for whatever you've done, and there is a genuine desire not to repeat that behaviour, then His forgiveness is in the perfect tense. It's done and dusted. He has forgiven you - so get on with living and enjoying life with His help. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,719 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

pueblo wrote: »
    I suspect you are trolling.....
    Maybe I am trolling...

Please don't accuse people on thread. Use the report button if you have an issue with the post.

Also, it's not really a good idea to suggest that maybe you are trolling as it may lead to moderators actioning your posts.

Thanks for your attention.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Advertisement