Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fornication from my past life

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's not that mankind failed the test, two people failed the test and god held every human that ever existed after accountable for that failure they had no part in making. It's a bit racist if you ask me.

How is it racist?

Or did you mean something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

How is it racist?

Or did you mean something else?

Well, I suppose it would be racist in the sense of holding the entire human race accountable for the actions of just two of its members, much like someone might go "That Mexican driver didn't know where he was going...therefore all Mexicans are worthless!"

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

hellenkell wrote: »
    Just sometimes it is hard for me to believe that God will forgive me after all my sins, I want to be a good wife and mother and I pray every day God will give me strength to do that

It's been a while since my catechism, but God has already forgiven you, you accept Jesus into your life and his sacrifice on the cross has already atoned your sins.

Im sorry you continue to carry such guilt, would it help you to reflect on the gift of understanding either by yourself or with your husband or priest? I suppose it's almost a question of learning how to accept love, to understand the depths of God's love for you that you are worthy of the sacrifice of his son.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Frito wrote: »
    It's been a while since my catechism, but God has already forgiven you, you accept Jesus into your life and his sacrifice on the cross has already atoned your sins.

Im sorry you continue to carry such guilt, would it help you to reflect on the gift of understanding either by yourself or with your husband or priest? I suppose it's almost a question of learning how to accept love, to understand the depths of God's love for you that you are worthy of the sacrifice of his son.

What sacrifice would that be? Last I heard the son was living it up in the old mans mansion?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

What sacrifice would that be? Last I heard the son was living it up in the old mans mansion?

I'm assuming crucifixion is a painful business.

• Advertisement

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    Well, I suppose it would be racist in the sense of holding the entire human race accountable for the actions of just two of its members, much like someone might go "That Mexican driver didn't know where he was going...therefore all Mexicans are worthless!"

Is this a serious answer?

Please tell me it is mid-week giddiness and urine-extraction...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

I was raised in a family with difficult circumstances, so I left home at the age of 17
    Until the age of 22 I did what I had to do in order survive, needless at that time my faith in the lord was not strong.
    I worked a lot, was very lonely and met all the wrong men.
    I am ashamed to admit I've done a lot of sins, I would not blame the men I met because it was my responsibly to protect my body and soul, but I was young and felt abandoned by everyone - my parents, my friends and god as well.

When I turned 22 I met a guy, the best guy I ever met, he showed me the way, showed me how real love should look like, explained to me that a'll I've been through was a test from God, that God is strongest for us in our most difficult moments, today I'm in such different place in my life thanks to him, thanks to Jesus.

Just sometimes it is hard for me to believe that God will forgive me after all my sins, I want to be a good wife and mother and I pray every day God will give me strength to do that

I read your post and then read some of the thread ......... and then stopped reading as I can't see the relevance of a lot of the posts .

Your God is supposed to be a God of forgiveness and you are supposed to have faith in him . If you believe in him and are genuinely sorry for your 'sins' then have faith that you are forgiven and move on . Don't forget your past as it made you who you are but don't dwell on it either .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No it's what I meant and what else would you call it? If anyone else told you you were a sinner and were inherently broken because of something your great, great, great grandfather did wouldn't you find it a bit racist if they were of a different race?

If I was to call all Italians slave traders because romans traded slaves over a thousand years ago would that be fair?

Serious yes, and...giddiness and urine-extraction? Is that supposed to be some sort of reference to me being high on drugs before getting a drug exam? If so no. I don't do drugs, tobacco or alcohol at all, nor does my work place require such exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

No it's what I meant and what else would you call it? If anyone else told you you were a sinner and were inherently broken because of something your great, great, great grandfather did wouldn't you find it a bit racist if they were of a different race?

If I was to call all Italians slave traders because romans traded slaves over a thousand years ago would that be fair?

The teaching on Original Sin

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p7.htm

• Advertisement

hinault wrote: »

I think you'll find most of us here are intimately familiar with catholic teachings... I got a good chuckle out of this
    It is the irrevocable character of their choice, and not a defect in the infinite divine mercy, that makes the angels' sin unforgivable.
    Methinks that whoever wrote that doesn't understand what the term infinite mercy means. Infinite mercy and unforgiveable cannot co-exist as concepts, they are diametrically opposed to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Frito wrote: »
    I'm assuming crucifixion is a painful business.
    Unfortunately I can't claim credit for this gem, it was a boardsie the name of whom I can't remember, but it goes something ike this: 'if I knew I was going to rise three days later I would die for my cat.'
    hinault wrote: »
    Surely that should read 'The Catholic Church's teaching...' As I guess not all you fellow christians would agree with it.

MrP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Festus

I think you'll find most of us here are intimately familiar with catholic teachings... I got a good chuckle out of this

and in your case that so called familiarity seems to have breed nothing but contempt.
    Methinks that whoever wrote that doesn't understand what the term infinite mercy means. Infinite mercy and unforgiveable cannot co-exist as concepts, they are diametrically opposed to each other.

Just how familiar are you with Catholic teaching? :rolleyes:

Or perhaps you are just so familiar with the term irrevocable... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and in your case that so called familiarity seems to have breed nothing but contempt.

Yes, because the more I looked into it, the more contemptible I found it to be. I started out a loyal believer, but the further along I went, the more the religion repulsed me.
    Just how familiar are you with Catholic teaching?

As I've explained before in other threads, that I highly suspect you've read, extremely familiar. Yes, I was caught out once with me not knowing about the symbolism of the fig tree, but does lack of knowledge of one thing suddenly mean I know nothing? I'm a lay person with well over a decade in serious research into this subject.
    Or perhaps you are just so familiar with the term irrevocable
    And maybe you just glossed over the contradiction I pointed out. It doesn't matter at all if the choice is irrevocable, if you describe your god as having infinite mercy, then literally nothing is unforgiveable. However, that's not what the catechism states. It calls God as "infinite mercy" then says that when something is unforgiveable, it's somehow not a defect in that infinite mercy?
    Which is it? Is it unforgiveable or not? Resolve this contradiction.

As I've explained before in other threads, that I highly suspect you've read, extremely familiar. Yes, I was caught out once with me not knowing about the symbolism of the fig tree, but does lack of knowledge of one thing suddenly mean I know nothing? I'm a lay person with well over a decade in serious research into this subject.

we have heard you ad nauseam on your self professed theological knowledge but your demonstrations present no supporting evidence for this so I must state that I lack the evidence for any belief that you are as knowledgeable as you say you are.
    That said your faith in yourself is admirable.
    And maybe you just glossed over the contradiction I pointed out. It doesn't matter at all if the choice is irrevocable, if you describe your god as having infinite mercy, then literally nothing is unforgiveable. However, that's not what the catechism states. It calls God as "infinite mercy" then says that when something is unforgiveable, it's somehow not a defect in that infinite mercy?
    Which is it? Is it unforgiveable or not? Resolve this contradiction.

There is no contradiction to be glossed over. If someone does not want to be forgiven then they cannot be forgiven therefore by their own choice not to be forgiven they are unforgiveable.

Perhaps if you read the Cathechism in context rather than pulling what seems to you to be a contradiction out and them mis-representing an isolated piece of the text to suit your own agenda you might actually learn and understand something about Catholicism, and God.
    But it seems you are too narrow minded to consider that.

Behind the disobedient choice of our first parents lurks a seductive voice, opposed to God, which makes them fall into death out of envy.266 Scripture and the Church's Tradition see in this being a fallen angel, called "Satan" or the "devil".267 The Church teaches that Satan was at first a good angel, made by God: "The devil and the other demons were indeed created naturally good by God, but they became evil by their own doing."268
    392 Scripture speaks of a sin of these angels.269 This "fall" consists in the free choice of these created spirits, who radically and irrevocably rejected God and his reign. We find a reflection of that rebellion in the tempter's words to our first parents: "You will be like God."270 The devil "has sinned from the beginning"; he is "a liar and the father of lies".271
    393 It is the irrevocable character of their choice, and not a defect in the infinite divine mercy, that makes the angels' sin unforgivable. "There is no repentance for the angels after their fall, just as there is no repentance for men after death."272
    394 Scripture witnesses to the disastrous influence of the one Jesus calls "a murderer from the beginning", who would even try to divert Jesus from the mission received from his Father.273 "The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil."274 In its consequences the gravest of these works was the mendacious seduction that led man to disobey God.
    395 The power of Satan is, nonetheless, not infinite. He is only a creature, powerful from the fact that he is pure spirit, but still a creature. He cannot prevent the building up of God's reign. Although Satan may act in the world out of hatred for God and his kingdom in Christ Jesus, and although his action may cause grave injuries - of a spiritual nature and, indirectly, even of a physical nature- to each man and to society, the action is permitted by divine providence which with strength and gentleness guides human and cosmic history. It is a great mystery that providence should permit diabolical activity, but "we know that in everything God works for good with those who love him."275

Now, tell me where the contradiction is if God, in His Infinite Mercy, allows a creature - human or angel - who does not want to be forgiven, and has irrevecoably choosen to reject God, to remain unforgiven?

Perhaps I was wrong the first time and you really do not understand the term irrevocable :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

but your demonstrations present no supporting evidence

You're right. Guess you just have to have faith that I'm telling the truth. What about you? Care to remind me of your qualifications?

As for the forgiveness...when and where did forgiving someone require their permission? I've forgiven people in the past that never once asked for it, even a couple of people who were p*ssed when I told them about it.
    Now let me walk you through it. Mercy is the capacity of one to not exact retribution on another, even against one who has wronged you or harmed you in some way. It is also the capacity to relieve suffering e.g. mercy-killing.
    That is what we know and understand about mercy. So let's go back through that catechism. For something to be merciful, it must gradually lower the amount of retribution it does as the "amount" of mercy goes up. When we get to infinite mercy, there can and should be no retribution.
    Reading through the catechism, I see angels making a choice, and somehow, it's final. There's no taking it back for some reason. There's no "Oh, I made a bad choice a few years ago, I suffered for it, can you take me back?" Nope, for some reason that's not explained, the angels made one choice and there's no forgiveness for them...despite the forgiveness supposedly being infinite. When I point out the obvious flaw in this, you just go "Nope, it's not a problem". So there's retribution there, in allowing others to suffer for no point, and no relieving of suffering, even if these angels ever want to go back and say sorry.

The free will argument is bogus. I remember arguing it with you in the past, posting a link to a video that, summed up says that the F.W. argument, when applied to a world that shows no action by God to alleviate evil, shows that God, by inaction, (if he exists), is supporting the free will of the rapist and the murderer to rape and murder, and violating the free will of the victims to not be raped and murdered. I will not retread old ground.
    I also have to point out the many times in the bible where God turns up and violates free will apparently (most infamous being the hardening of Pharaoh's heart).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Festus wrote: »
    we have heard you ad nauseam on your self professed theological knowledge but your demonstrations present no supporting evidence for this so I must state that I lack the evidence for any belief that you are as knowledgeable as you say you are.
    That said your faith in yourself is admirable

So, where is the evidence of god?

• Moderators Posts: 51,726 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If people wish to discuss the existence of God, please use the appropriate thread.

Thanks for your attention.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,215 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What a weird thread. ..

To the op, if your still reading this. ... you have done what you did to survive. You were damaged at a very vulnerable stage and seeked solace and validating in men, but you have come out the other side and fair dues to you for that.
    I would just warn not to be seeking solace in religion to the same degree as it can be just as damaging. YOU are the being responsible for your survival, YOU are the one who attracted this new good man. It's in YOUR hands to have a decent life now. Your past experiences are what made you the person of today and while you may not be proud of them, you should not be ashamed of them. Draw two lines under that part of your life and move on. Religion is an important part of people's lives and faith in a good and just god is driving force for many and a good template to live your life by, but complete servitude to a religion can be extremely damaging and can be crippling addiction as well. Best of luck with your future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I was raised in a family with difficult circumstances, so I left home at the age of 17
    Until the age of 22 I did what I had to do in order survive, needless at that time my faith in the lord was not strong.
    I am ashamed to admit I've done a lot of sins, I would not blame the men I met because it was my responsibly to protect my body and soul, but I was young and felt abandoned by everyone - my parents, my friends and god as well.

When I turned 22 I met a guy, the best guy I ever met, he showed me the way, showed me how real love should look like, explained to me that a'll I've been through was a test from God, that God is strongest for us in our most difficult moments, today I'm in such different place in my life thanks to him, thanks to Jesus.

Hi OP.. Firstly I'd like to say that I'm glad your in a good place now. You should have faith in yourself firstly and acknowledge that you also had something to do with getting to that good place. Life is real and everyone screws up - I cerainly have done on many occasions and those that say they haven't are lying. Some of the comments on here have kind of shocked me to be honest. If God does exist (I'm on the fence here) then surely his role is that of a parent. I'm a parent and have seen my kids do good and bad. I love them and that love means you forgive when they do bad/wrong, help out when you can and encourage them to be strong and lead a good and happy life. You sound like a good person so look to yourself, don't worry about what's past and enjoy your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

OP, I think you might be helped by thinking about how you can effectively 'let go' of the past and forgive yourself as God has...

I hope this story from Eckhart helps..

“A woman in her thirties came to see me. As she greeted me, I could sense the pain behind her polite and superficial smile. She started telling me her story, and within one second her smile changed into a grimace of pain. Then, she began to sob uncontrollably. She said she felt lonely and unfulfilled.

There was much anger and sadness. As a child she had been abused by a physically violent father. I saw quickly that her pain was not caused by her present life circumstances but by an extraordinarily heavy pain-body. Her pain-body had become the filter through which she viewed her life situation.

She was not yet able to see the link between the emotional pain and her thoughts, being completely identified with both. She could not yet see that she was feeding the pain-body with her thoughts. In other words, she lived with the burden of a deeply unhappy self. At some level, however, she must have realized that her pain originated within herself, that she was a burden to herself. She was ready to awaken, and this is why she had come.

I directed the focus of her attention to what she was feeling inside her body and asked her to sense the emotion directly, instead of through the filter of her unhappy thoughts, her unhappy story. She said she had come expecting me to show her the way out of her unhappiness, not into it.

Reluctantly, however, she did what I asked her to do. Tears were rolling down her face, her whole body was shaking. “At this moment, this is what you feel.” I said. “There is nothing you can do about the fact that at this moment this is what you feel. Now, instead of wanting this moment to be different from the way it is, which adds more pain to the pain that is already there, is it possible for you to completely accept that this is what you feel right now?”

She was quiet for a moment. Suddenly she looked impatient, as if she was about to get up, and said angrily, “No, I don't want to accept this.” “Who is speaking?” I asked her. “You or the unhappiness in you? Can you see that your unhappiness about being unhappy is just another layer of unhappiness?” She became quiet again. “I am not asking you to do anything. All I'm asking is that you find out whether it is possible for you to allow those feelings to be there. In other words, and this may sound strange, if you don't mind being unhappy, what happens to the unhappiness? Don't you want to find out?”

She looked puzzled briefly, and after a minute or so of sitting silently, I suddenly noticed a significant shift in her energy field. She said, “This is weird. I 'm still unhappy, but now there is space around it. It seems to matter less.”

This was the first time I heard somebody put it like that: There is space around my unhappiness. That space, of course, comes when there is inner acceptance of whatever you are experiencing in the present moment.

I didn't say much else, allowing her to be with the experience. Later she came to understand that the moment she stopped identifying with the feeling, the old painful emotion that lived in her, the moment she put her attention on it directly without trying to resist it, it could no longer control her thinking and so become mixed up with a mentally constructed story called “The Unhappy Me.” Another dimension had come into her life that transcended her personal past – the dimension of Presence. Since you cannot be unhappy without an unhappy story, this was the end of her unhappiness. It was also the beginning of the end of her pain-body. Emotion in itself is not unhappiness. Only emotion plus an unhappy story is unhappiness.

When our session came to an end, it was fulfilling to know that I had just witnessed the arising of Presence in another human being. The very reason for our existence in human form is to bring that dimension of consciousness into this world. I had also witnessed a diminishment of the pain-body, not through fighting it but through bringing the light of consciousness to it.”

― Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

You're right. Guess you just have to have faith that I'm telling the truth.

My faith is in God and that He is the only source of truth. There is no evidence that you are telling anything approaching the truth.

As for the forgiveness...when and where did forgiving someone require their permission? I've forgiven people in the past that never once asked for it, even a couple of people who were p*ssed when I told them about it.

Did their attitude not tell you something? When it comes to sin we must beg forgiveness. God is infinitely merciful to those who seek it, but there is no point in forgiving those who do not want to be forgiven because infinite mercy cannot overcome infinite rejection.

Is your rejection of God irrevocable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Festus wrote: »
    My faith is in God and that He is the only source of truth. There is no evidence that you are telling anything approaching the truth.

So much to say...

Firstly don't use faith and evidence in the same argument. Faith is by definition dedication in the absence of evidence. Secondly don't mention evidence in the same argument in which you declare someone/thing/God as the sole arbiter of truth, if someone/thing/God is the only source of truth then the concept of evidence is redundant. Thirdly don't call out others in relation to evidence when your entire perspective calls for the ignoring of evidence.

Uncanny! I ask one user a Q and another answers; I ask the second user a Q and the first answers...are you two accounts of the one user?

Misanthropy would be more correct than racist but that still wouldn't fit. I guess we'll have to create a new word.
    You're not a sinner because of Adam's sin, you're a sinner because of your own sin...unless you have never committed a wrong. Adam is responsible for introducing sin into Mankind - you, I and others live with the consequences of another's misdeed/sin. An inheritance, of sorts.
    Serious yes, and...giddiness and urine-extraction? Is that supposed to be some sort of reference to me being high on drugs before getting a drug exam? If so no. I don't do drugs, tobacco or alcohol at all, nor does my work place require such exams.

urine extraction = extracting urine = taking the pyss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

pueblo wrote: »
    OP, I think you might be helped by thinking about how you can effectively 'let go' of the past and forgive yourself as God has...

I hope this story from Eckhart helps..

“A woman in her thirties came to see me. As she greeted me, I could sense the pain behind her polite and superficial smile. She started telling me her story, and within one second her smile changed into a grimace of pain. Then, she began to sob uncontrollably. She said she felt lonely and unfulfilled.

There was much anger and sadness. As a child she had been abused by a physically violent father. I saw quickly that her pain was not caused by her present life circumstances but by an extraordinarily heavy pain-body. Her pain-body had become the filter through which she viewed her life situation.

She was not yet able to see the link between the emotional pain and her thoughts, being completely identified with both. She could not yet see that she was feeding the pain-body with her thoughts. In other words, she lived with the burden of a deeply unhappy self. At some level, however, she must have realized that her pain originated within herself, that she was a burden to herself. She was ready to awaken, and this is why she had come.

I directed the focus of her attention to what she was feeling inside her body and asked her to sense the emotion directly, instead of through the filter of her unhappy thoughts, her unhappy story. She said she had come expecting me to show her the way out of her unhappiness, not into it.

Reluctantly, however, she did what I asked her to do. Tears were rolling down her face, her whole body was shaking. “At this moment, this is what you feel.” I said. “There is nothing you can do about the fact that at this moment this is what you feel. Now, instead of wanting this moment to be different from the way it is, which adds more pain to the pain that is already there, is it possible for you to completely accept that this is what you feel right now?”

She was quiet for a moment. Suddenly she looked impatient, as if she was about to get up, and said angrily, “No, I don't want to accept this.” “Who is speaking?” I asked her. “You or the unhappiness in you? Can you see that your unhappiness about being unhappy is just another layer of unhappiness?” She became quiet again. “I am not asking you to do anything. All I'm asking is that you find out whether it is possible for you to allow those feelings to be there. In other words, and this may sound strange, if you don't mind being unhappy, what happens to the unhappiness? Don't you want to find out?”

She looked puzzled briefly, and after a minute or so of sitting silently, I suddenly noticed a significant shift in her energy field. She said, “This is weird. I 'm still unhappy, but now there is space around it. It seems to matter less.”

This was the first time I heard somebody put it like that: There is space around my unhappiness. That space, of course, comes when there is inner acceptance of whatever you are experiencing in the present moment.

I didn't say much else, allowing her to be with the experience. Later she came to understand that the moment she stopped identifying with the feeling, the old painful emotion that lived in her, the moment she put her attention on it directly without trying to resist it, it could no longer control her thinking and so become mixed up with a mentally constructed story called “The Unhappy Me.” Another dimension had come into her life that transcended her personal past – the dimension of Presence. Since you cannot be unhappy without an unhappy story, this was the end of her unhappiness. It was also the beginning of the end of her pain-body. Emotion in itself is not unhappiness. Only emotion plus an unhappy story is unhappiness.

When our session came to an end, it was fulfilling to know that I had just witnessed the arising of Presence in another human being. The very reason for our existence in human form is to bring that dimension of consciousness into this world. I had also witnessed a diminishment of the pain-body, not through fighting it but through bringing the light of consciousness to it.”

― Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

This kind of new age approach to life isn't welcome by the majority of religious people.

They tell you that it opens one up to demon's and other unsavoury God's etc....

I myself used to be interested in the so called Eckhart and Deepak woo spirituality etc....

I found it full of contradictions and very unbelievable nonsense, talking about dimensions and energy field's which are very impressive to vulnerable people who are a bit lost in life.

Usually people who are x drinker's addicts or suffer from depression.

The worst thing of all are the movement, who are against something that they say doesn't exist and there's no proof of existence, yet they can't let it all go and spend their time doing something more productive.

Be wary of the new age spiritual way of life, it seems to mess people up more than Religion does.

If you read the Gospels you should be aware that Jesus forgives all who approach Him with sincerity.

If you are a Catholic the solution is easy. The sacrament of Confession.
    No need to go into details - you can go bare bones - many priests understand this and be assured it won't be the first time they have heard it.

If you are not a Catholic it may be worth discussing with your local senior pastor as I'm not familiar with the denominatonal churches.

God Bless you

So much to say...

Yet you said so little...
    Firstly don't use faith and evidence in the same argument. Faith is by definition dedication in the absence of evidence.

Why not? The evidence I have strengthens my faith, especially when if comes to forgiveness.

BTW your definition of faith is erroneous. While proof may not be required there is plenty of evidence to justify faith.
    Secondly don't mention evidence in the same argument in which you declare someone/thing/God as the sole arbiter of truth, if someone/thing/God is the only source of truth then the concept of evidence is redundant.

Evidence is never redundant and to say so is foolish.

Thirdly don't call out others in relation to evidence when your entire perspective calls for the ignoring of evidence.

You probably have not read many of my posts. For me the evidence that supports my perspective is everywhere. That you cannot see that evidence is your problem, not mine.
    And I will call out others who present manifest untruths, yourself included.

• Moderators Posts: 51,726 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If people wish to discuss the existence of God, please use the appropriate thread.

Thanks for your attention.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

This kind of new age approach to life isn't welcome by the majority of religious people.

They tell you that it opens one up to demon's and other unsavoury God's etc....

I myself used to be interested in the so called Eckhart and Deepak woo spirituality etc....

I found it full of contradictions and very unbelievable nonsense, talking about dimensions and energy field's which are very impressive to vulnerable people who are a bit lost in life.

Usually people who are x drinker's addicts or suffer from depression.

The worst thing of all are the movement, who are against something that they say doesn't exist and there's no proof of existence, yet they can't let it all go and spend their time doing something more productive.

Be wary of the new age spiritual way of life, it seems to mess people up more than Religion does.

I beg to differ that Eckhart is 'new age'. Christianity has a strong tradition of mysticism that goes back thousands of years, nothing new about it. Eckhart is a Christian mystic.

I suspect you are trolling as you imply that you are a believer but then mention the possibility of one being "opened up to demon's and other unsavoury God's etc....". In the Christian religion there is only one God, who are these other gods you mention?

Maybe have a little look at your own theology before trying to bring down something you clearly don't understand.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

pueblo wrote: »
    I beg to differ that Eckhart is 'new age'. Christianity has a strong tradition of mysticism that goes back thousands of years, nothing new about it. Eckhart is a Christian mystic.

I suspect you are trolling as you imply that you are a believer but then mention the possibility of one being "opened up to demon's and other unsavoury God's etc....". In the Christian religion there is only one God, who are these other gods you mention?

Maybe have a little look at your own theology before trying to bring down something you clearly don't understand.

Maybe I am trolling, maybe im not that's your interpreted understanding of my post.

I think you're thinking of Eckhart Meister and Bishop Berkley etc....

As for these new age guys, im very sceptical about their motive, is it making money or helping the masses ?

Ask the born again Christians why new age spirituality isn't for them.

I was told new age spirituality isn't the right path.

I'm only saying what im told and not telling anyone by what I'm saying.

Advertisement