Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 22 Match day Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Guzan
    Terry Wisdom Duff
    Downing Silva Hazard Sanchez
    Kane (c) Costa Aguero

Pantilimon Boyd Wasi Naylor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

km79 wrote: »
    that's a tough one
    villa don't concede much and obvioulsy neither do chelsea
    but siggy is on set pieces and really what has sterling done since moving up front?
    start siggy
    I'd go for Sterling with Sigs injury doubts and Sterling being fresh

Cheers lads...

Left Siggy on in the end... Next week will be WC time so no more pain chosing my front 7.

-

This GW terrifies the sh*t out of me.

Decided to follow my plan WC-wise and did not play it. Aguero's early return is a blow to my mid-term plan and raises all the doubt about him getting injured again. It almost made me think that for once it'd be better to get him in at a dearer price to be more flexible for when he'll inevitably get injured again :rolleyes: :pac:... I don't wish it at all but this is so wrongly much looking like last year at the same time. If it does happen Pellegrini and his staff will be to blame no end! I mean it's not a game for them to decide their front 7 !

So I line up like this in the end
    Hart
    Zab Terry Wasi
    Hazard (VC) Sanchez Silva Siggy
    Austin Costa Kane (C)
    Elliott ; Sterling, Wisdom, Naylor
    Double City defence is a recipe for murder but couldn't justify a hit for it. My transfer this week was Wasi for Yun.
    Bottled it with my (C) in the end after having left it on Hazard all week. But Kane did impress me every time I watched him play and if he delivers I'd be losing a huge amount of ground with his (C) %.

A GW to follow behind the couch hoping everything turns OK before I finally WC...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Iroced Im also not concerned with aguero's rising price as he will inevitably get sold again due to injury or cancelled games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Even backed my captain at 40/1 to score a hattrick. Big day please

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've got a lot invested in City - Arsenal that's for sure with Aguero (c), Silva, Sanchez and Theo.

Think I might go put every penny I own on 0-0 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭G1032

CSF wrote: »
    Dinnery tweeting that Bertrand facing a late fitness test.

And so it begins. The failings of my WC already. You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭G1032

shano_88 wrote: »
    De Gea
    Terry Bertrand Was
    Di Maria Sanchez Hazard Sterling
    Ings Aguero (c) Kane

One time Aguerrrrrrrrro!

Although Im an Arsenal fan so I could live with a high scoring Arsenal win!

Arsenal first , FF second. Ye can't be shouting for Aguero I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

G1032 wrote: »
    Arsenal first , FF second. Ye can't be shouting for Aguero I'm afraid

I hold very little hope of them winning im afraid.

Although If Arsenal grind out a 1-0 win, I will be delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Foster

Cameron Bruce Wasilewski

Sterling Silva Sanchez Hazard (C)

Aguero Costa Kane

Hon the lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Foster
    Terry-Wasalawski-Trippier
    Hazard-Sanchez-Boyd-Di Maria
    Aguero(c)-Costa-Kane

Myhill. Puncheon-PVA-Hutton

The lad I'm chasing in my pay league by 16 points made no changes so Aguero going on a run would be appreciated by me. He has Kane captain though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

OMFG...second in my league has just blown his wildcard!!! Just four transfers despite leaving his keepers as Foster and Hamer, keeping Chambers and starting him against City, selling Silva and having Ward from Palace when he could have had a half dozen better defenders for sub 4.7m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Almost everyone around me in my league captained Kane, despite having him in my team I could really do with a blank today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'll be in the horrific position of watching QPR (I have Green and Austin) up against my beloved United (no players).

So who will you be cheering for?! Would you rather 3-0 to QPR with a hat-trick for Austin, or 1-0 to Utd?

I'm inclined to disregard team allegiance when it comes to matters as important as Fantasy Football :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭CSF

G1032 wrote: »
    And so it begins. The failings of my WC already. You couldn't make it up.

I tried to help you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

hazard captain cmon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Guzan
    Wisdom Terry Clichy
    Sanchez Ward-Prowse Hazard Downing
    Aguero(c) Kane Costa

Hutton Siggy Chester

Captaining Aguero is a risk, but the rewards could be huge if he starts. Have been watching Ward-Prowse closely for a while now and I think he could be a decent punt, hard to ignore at 4.8M. Staying in the top 1k would make for a great week. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Not sure if I've done something to the settings or are sky sports constantly replaying tony pulis over and over?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FutureGuy wrote: »
    OMFG...second in my league has just blown his wildcard!!! Just four transfers despite leaving his keepers as Foster and Hamer, keeping Chambers and starting him against City, selling Silva and having Ward from Palace when he could have had a half dozen better defenders for sub 4.7m.

Friend of mine activated wildcard and made 3 transfers:eek:

When I questioned him about this he said it was better than -8:confused:

He brought Chadli, Robles and Cresswell in for Eriksen, Pantilimon and Azpilicueta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

If your happy enough with your team I don't see a problem with wildcarding instead of a -8

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    If your happy enough with your team I don't see a problem with wildcarding instead of a -8

He could have eaily left Eriksen and Panti in.

I wouldn't waste my wildcard for this. Not my team anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

wonski wrote: »
    He could have eaily left Eriksen and Panti in.

I wouldn't waste my wildcard for this. Not my team anyway.

I don't mean specifically for the changes he made, but generally a WC instead of a -8 in january is fine imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/556439662320160768

Captaincy, top 1000. It's super Harry Kane! Kane: 45.2%, Aguero 28.8%, Hazard 7.6%, Costa 4.5%, Di Maria 3.1%

He's captained himself
    B7jgEpSIQAAERNJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Captaincy, top 1000: Kane 45.2%, Aguero 28.8%, Hazard 7.6%, Costa 4.5%, Di Maria 3.1%

Captaincy, overall, dead teams removed: Costa 27.6%, Kane 21%, Hazard 9.8%, Sanchez 7.8%, Rooney 7.4%, Aguero 6.0%

Aguero is owned by 56.8% of the top 1000. That's a bit scary.

Costa top 1k ownership is down to 59.6% and Austin is down to 53.6%.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

qwabercd wrote: »
    Captaincy, top 1000: Kane 45.2%, Aguero 28.8%, Hazard 7.6%, Costa 4.5%, Di Maria 3.1%

Captaincy, overall, dead teams removed: Costa 27.6%, Kane 21%, Hazard 9.8%, Sanchez 7.8%, Rooney 7.4%, Aguero 6.0%

Aguero is owned by 56.8% of the top 1000. That's a bit scary.

Costa top 1k ownership is down to 59.6% and Austin is down to 53.6%.
    Wow didn't think it would be that much for aguero now I'm scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Not sure if I've done something to the settings or are sky sports constantly replaying tony pulis over and over?:confused:

I'm glad I'm playing Wisdom, it's a sign :D

Fire-alarm went off

B7jibpACAAAWoWg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

following on from one of the lads in the league inadvertently taking a 28 point hit last week by failing to click wildcard button its happened again !!!m
    same league
    and the 2 lads know what they are at usually
    UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

I'm glad I'm playing Wisdom, it's a sign :D

Fire-alarm went off

B7jibpACAAAWoWg.jpg

Haha I thought there was something wrong with my sky for ages:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Imagine how cool it would be to captain yourself in FPL and to make it even better thats it totally justified too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Long wait for team news, come in Copper Pipe:p

• Advertisement

Palace team to play @BurnleyOfficial: Speroni, Ward, Dann, Delaney, Kelly, Puncheon, McArthur, Ledley, Zaha, Sanogo, Gayle.

Confirmed #BFC starting XI: Heaton; Trippier, Shackell (c), Keane, Mee; Boyd, Marney, Jones, Arfield; Barnes, Ings. #ClaretsLIVE

AVFC (v @LFC): Guzan, Hutton, Okore, Baker, Cissokho, Sanchez, Westwood, Delph, Cleverley, Agbonlahor, Benteke. #AVFCLIVE

Confirmed #LFC line-up v @AVFCOfficial: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Markovic, Moreno, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Borini

#THFC team: Lloris (c); Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose; Dembele, Stambouli; Chadli, Kane, Eriksen; Soldado #COYS

#SAFC: Pantilimon, Jones, van Aanholt, Brown, O'Shea (c), Vergini, Larsson, Rodwell, Johnson, Fletcher, Defoe. #TOTSUN

#Swans team v @ChelseaFC: Fabianski, Tiendalli, Fernandez, Williams (C), Taylor, Carroll, Sigurdsson, Dyer, Oliveira, Routledge, Gomis.

Team to play Swansea City: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

City: Hamer, Simpson, Morgan, Wasilewski, Konchesky, Knockaert, Drinkwater, King, Schlupp, Nugent, Vardy. #LeiSto

#scfc Starting XI vs Leicester City: Begovic; Bardsley, Wilson, Wollscheid, Muniesa; Whelan (c), Nzonzi; Arnautovic, Bojan, Moses; Walters

United XI: De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Valencia, Carrick, Mata, Blind, Rooney, Di Maria, Falcao. #mufclive

QPR XI vs. #MUFC: Green, Isla, Dunne, Onouha, Hill, Vargas, Barton, Henry, Fer, Austin, Zamora

Advertisement