Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Agent Carter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Yeah there was, I don't know why tey did that. The one shot ends with her leaving the SSR to run SHIELD though. This show focuses on her while in the SSR.

because its a piece of malleable fiction?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So no word yet if either RTE2 or channel 4 will be airing this??

RTE have acquired the rights and plan to air it in the Spring. No specific dates from my inside source just said "keep and eye out in Spring"

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bugman99

polydactyl wrote: »
    RTE have acquired the rights and plan to air it in the Spring. No specific dates from my inside source just said "keep and eye out in Spring"

I heard this yesterday too.

One thing that I did not like was the music, or more the volume of it.

I get it, it's the late mid 1940's after the war and there was some swinging music but it does not need to drown out everything

I don't get this mentality, from RTÉ. The people interested in this show are generally younger and shown to not be willing to wait several weeks/months for the show to air. I don't blame people given how quickly things get spoiled on social media.

Why are they waiting and not showing this a day or two after the states?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

No idea, but I for one am quite happy to wait [within reason] as when it comes to vpns etc and getting things on my laptop instead of sitting comfortably on my couch on time its fine with me :)

No idea, but I for one am quite happy to wait [within reason] as when it comes to vpns etc and getting things on my laptop instead of sitting comfortably on my couch on time its fine with me :)

I would wait too, within reason.

But I also have my main PC hooked up to my TV through HDMI and its sound through a digital cable to my sound system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Nice to see Shea Whigham back on screen too, and he got to bark orders at someone called Thompson :)

Also, I suspect there's a LOT more to Jarvis (the butler).

I kinda wish that they got Paul Bettany to play Jarvis TBH. Given that he is the voice of the Jarvis AI to Tony Stark

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

One thing that I did not like was the music, or more the volume of it.

I get it, it's the late mid 1940's after the war and there was some swinging music but it does not need to drown out everything

Yeah, I thought that the sound mix was way off, music and background noise definitely drowned out the voices for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I kinda wish that they got Paul Bettany to play Jarvis TBH. Given that he is the voice of the Jarvis AI to Tony Stark

Will he not be appearing in Age of Ultron though? I imagine they don't want the same actor playing two different characters.

Avoiding AoU stuff. Ha does AI Jarvis become Ultron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The implication is supposed to be that Tony named his AI after his father's butler. I think it'd be a mite too far if Bettany had played real life Jarvis.

why not. He could just have used a voice sample for the AI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Because that's creepy.

It's Tony Stark! And he already named the AI after him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭coillcam

Just caught the first episode. Its looks awesome and sounds awesome. I got a kind of Bioshock/Rapture vibe from the way it was shot and the steampunk tech. The calibre of the cast surprisingly good and Hayley Atwell is the bomb. Can't wait to see more of Shea Whigham and Lyndsy Fonseca. Its definitely better than I expected.

Though I was raging when they
    killed Andre Royo - Bubbles from The Wire :(
    Avoiding AoU stuff. Ha does AI Jarvis become Ultron

Spoiler for Age of Ultron regarding Jarvis.
    He becomes Vision

It was leaked recently and more info about Ultron, google away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

A pleasant surprise, i am looking forward to a lot more from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Best compliment I can give this is that when the credits starting rolling I genuinely thought that was never 40 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

Can't wait, showbox and a chromecast and a mug of tae

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

It was good I thought. I'll have to give it a few more episodes before I'm fully into it though. I'm not quite sold.

I thought the opening show title looked a bit fan-fictionesque. I don't know, it just looked a bit rendered on my laptop.

As was said, the music was all over the place. Like some other posters, I get that it's post war, there's some swinging jazz around and all that but it was almost like they went madly out of their way to point this out, setting the msuc at high volume and the Jarvis scene, while funny, was way OTT.

The show looks way overly stylised. Somebody has gone a bit mad with the soft filter and that shot at th start with Capt. America and the plane was very much like something out of Star Captain. While it worked there, this was a bit much. The whole show has that sepia sheen to it. I get it, it's set in the 40's. Just show the show using the same lighting/camera styling as Agents of SHIELD. I'd get it if they were flashbacks or something but it's the whole damn show!

That being said, the Jarvis/Stark angle looks interesting and it has to be said that it enjoyed a much stronger pilot than Agents of SHIELD. The actress playing Agent Carter is doing a fine job and completely fills the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah forgot to mention him. As soon as I saw him I just thought "Bubs!"

Her roommate looked familiar as well. Thought it was your one who played Amanda in Ugly Betty, but wasn't

She was in the last season of True Blood if thats any good to you.Ashley Hinshaw is her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

Got This Reply by asking RTE2 if they're going to air Agent Carter:

"Agent Carter will be airing on RTÉ2 later this Spring, exact date has not yet been confirmed. Thanks for getting in touch.".

• Registered Users Posts: 60,298 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another really fun episode.

This really feels like a standalone series in the MCU but still has a big Marvel feel to it.

Between this and AoS the MCU TV may turn out to be the best work Marvel bring to the screen of any size.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hope this is the start now of more action rather than office scenarios, can anyone tell me are the guys with scars Russian or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Hope this is the start now of more action rather than office scenarios, can anyone tell me are the guys with scars Russian or German.
    russian id presume, its after the war so youd expect the germans to be fairly out of it for a while yet, if they were germans youd presume they be whats left of hydra

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I'm guessing from the height and the fact it looked like a woman, I'd say the assassin is Dottie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

I like ths show. It fairly hit the ground running but the one thing that's standing out so far is what's the purpose of Lindsey Fonseca in this? Coming off Nikita where she was a very strong co-star she's not relegated to a few scenes as Peggy's bestie. Not getting it really.

squonk wrote: »
    I like ths show. It fairly hit the ground running but the one thing that's standing out so far is what's the purpose of Lindsey Fonseca in this? Coming off Nikita where she was a very strong co-star she's not relegated to a few scenes as Peggy's bestie. Not getting it really.

If you really want to know you could look at the cast page of IMDB

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

squonk wrote: »
    Money is Money? And it could easily build up for her to get a bigger role down the line (i.e. Hydra agent; other security force ala NSA, MI6 etc. spying).

Advertisement