Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoT characters in other shows/movies

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

did we miss Michelle Fairley's stint in suits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

did we miss Michelle Fairley's stint in suits?
    Funny, she was a pain in the hole in that too. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Oberyn will be in a Netflix original series about the Medellin cartel, called Narcos next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Not quite acting, but anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Tony Way (Dontos Hollard) was in the first episode in the new series of Doctor Who.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Paul Kaye, Thoros of Myr pops up in Dracula Untold, alongside Charles Dance and wee Rickon Stark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Double posting but i've had a bit of a haul this week.

Watched kingdom of heaven and noticed 4 Got alumni. Jorah and Jamie were mentioned in this thread before but also in that movie were craster as Jamie's dad. and the Nightwatch member who is beheaded by ned in ep 1 plays the apprentice in the same sequence of scene with Jamie and Craster at the start of the movie.

also watched sherlock and saw "blackfish" Tully as the drunken river guide who transports Holmes and Watson, same actor is another of Simon Pegg's extended crew as he appears in Spaced as a comic editor. was also in 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps as a football coach I think. half expecting Simon Pegg to make a cameo in Game of thrones at this rate cos they will be running out of British actors soon.

And I think I saw Margaery Tyrell in a trailer for the new hunger games movie in a recent cinema outing, but I wasn't really paying attention to it.

finally, this week, jojen reed is in another"young Adult" movie the mazerunner

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Been watching bits of King Henry IV Pt1&2 on Sky Arts over the last few weeks, Roger Allam (Magister Illyrio) hamming it up quite enjoyably as the rotund John Falstaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Stephen Dillane was in The Tunnel, an Englesh/French remake of The Bridge. Incredibly fantastic TV show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭xper

Mickeroo wrote: »
    <snip>Peter Dinklage's best ever role (imo) is not as Tyrion but was in a little film called The Station Agent that I really urge everyone to watch.

On Film 4 tonight at 11:20.

Saw it on RTE recently. Very low budget labour-of-love sort of film that lives or dies on the script and the cast. He's great in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Little finger has a cameo at the start of the dark knight rises. He is the CIA agent takes Bane and his crew into the plane that they end up hijacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I think Charles Dance narrates Little Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Oona Chaplin (aka Tulisa aka Jeyne Westerling) has a pretty significant role in the Black Mirror Christmas special "White Christmas" with John Hamm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think Charles Dance narrates Little Britain.

No, that'd be Tom Baker, the Fourth Doctor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Arya starring in one off C4 drama Cyber Bully tomorrow at 9pm

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/cyberbully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

s.welstead wrote: »
    Arya starring in one off C4 drama Cyber Bully tomorrow at 9pm

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/cyberbully

Very impressed with her performance as she was basically the only one on screen for the entire time.

On the face of things it was nothing groundbreaking as a story but I was gripped for an hour plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Very impressed with her performance as she was basically the only one on screen for the entire time.

On the face of things it was nothing groundbreaking as a story but I was gripped for an hour plus.

She really is fantastic. If it was anyone else I probably wouldn't have even watched it not to mind being drawn in and hooked for the hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Maisie is quite the fan of social media herself (Twitter, Vine, Instagram, etc...) so she was duly suited for the role too.

She's a great actress in the making but I'd wonder would her diminutive stature hold her back? Christina Ricci's done alright but not many tiny actresses out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

She's a great actress in the making but I'd wonder would her diminutive stature hold her back? Christina Ricci's done alright but not many tiny actresses out there.

I've only started to watch GoT over Christmas but I can't say I've even noticed her being short.It's less of an issue for female actors than it is for male actors.I wouldn't say it will prevent her becoming successful. I only watched Cyberbully 'cause Maisie was in it as she's my favourite GoT character. Terrific performance from her in this film,she will be huge once she starts getting mainstream movie roles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

How small is she? Sarah Jessica Parker, Drew Barrymoore, Mila Kunis, Reese Witherspoon, Renee Zellweger, Scarlett Johannson all fairly little

Think she's only about 5 flat so all those others have a few inches at least on her. It's not a major thing but she's definitely smaller and would limit certain roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Sophie Turner is going to be the new Jean Grey for X-Men: Apocalypse.

http://www.cnet.com/news/x-men-apocalypse-adds-game-of-thrones-star-casts-jean-grey-cyclops-and-storm/

Advertisement