Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max: Fury Road

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Some pretty great visuals in that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Thank the lords for non desaturated grey filter look.

Adamantium wrote: »
    Thank the lords for non desaturated grey filter look.

From some of the stills released it looked like it was going that way but the brown/red/firey look really suits it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmm, I hope it's just the trailers editing taking advantage of the biggest name attached, because there was way too much Charlize in that trailer, certainly not enough of Max Rockatansky.

Feels bizarre to be finally watching a trailer for this film - seems like it was in limbo for an eternity, ditto the protracted shooting that took place. The end result looks like it'll be worth it; see Hollywood, real stunts just look better. More convincing, more exciting, more earned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Agreed about the visuals - nice to see a varied colour palette (for a post apocalyptic landscape).

It may only have been a two minute trailer, but it looks like there's a nice balance between the real stunts/driving scenes and the CGI. I hope it's indicative of the final release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

George Miller said it's 80% practical, 20% CGI

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Ugh, orange and teal overload. Looks like a Michael Bay movie, like pretty much everything these days.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ugh, orange and teal overload. Looks like a Michael Bay movie, like pretty much everything these days.

The Australian outback is pretty orange so it kind of works for me. I think it looks great. The stunt work looks outstanding.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Australian outback is pretty orange so it kind of works for me. I think it looks great. The stunt work looks outstanding.

It's forgiveable in this instance tbh, red rock/desert and blue skies will have the dreaded O&T look, just glad its not sepia toned washed out apocalypse filter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

It's unadulterated garbage by all accounts.

• Advertisement

Twas Not wrote: »

This movie you havent even seen yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Anyone else thinks this seems likeThe Road Warrior on a bigger scale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Excellent trailer. Looking forward to this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Twas Not wrote: »

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Trailer looks very cgi heavy but I still wanna see it cos it's Mad Max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Trailer has me extremely interested.

And I have never actually seen the originals, so I must watch them at some stage as I feel I'll need the story.

And I have never actually seen the originals, so I must watch them at some stage as I feel I'll need the story.

Watch them right now! You are in for a treat, certainly with the first two. I'd have Mad Max 2 in my top five films of all time. I wouldn't worry too much about needing the story. The first film certainly gives you all the background info you'll need. And I think I read that this one is set between 1 and 2. But I'm sure Fury Road will work as a standalone, we'll have to see if there's much of a connection to the old films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

yup mad max 2 is amazing and has possibly one of the greatest villains in cinema history, the the ayatollah of rocknrolla

c1280x720_35.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Trailer looks very cgi heavy but I still wanna see it cos it's Mad Max.

Other than the duststorm and the wee two-headed lizard, I really don't see that much CGI that'd cause offence. Most of the action appeared quite practical-based, it certainly looks like there was no shortage of prop cars to smash around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Watch them right now! You are in for a treat, certainly with the first two. I'd have Mad Max 2 in my top five films of all time. I wouldn't worry too much about needing the story. The first film certainly gives you all the background info you'll need. And I think I read that this one is set between 1 and 2. But I'm sure Fury Road will work as a standalone, we'll have to see if there's much of a connection to the old films.

ricero wrote: »
    yup mad max 2 is amazing and has possibly one of the greatest villains in cinema history, the the ayatollah of rocknrolla

c1280x720_35.jpg

I've been meaning to watch them for years, I'll definitely check them out soon if that's the case, might pick them up this evening and watch them over the week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

ricero wrote: »

c1280x720_35.jpg

The original Bane, similarities are striking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Hmm, super interested in seeing this although the trailer doesn't do much for me. George Miller's hit it out of the park a few times imo but there's almost always the feeling that he could easily make a gigantic mountain of garbage.

Also, I was almost expecting the trailer to follow up "THE CREATOR OF THE MAD MAX TRILOGY" with "and... BABE: PIG IN THE CITY

The first one is pretty rubbish tbh, for the budget and that it is what it is, the second film is vastly superior and still has one of the best vehicle based action scenes you'll ever see . Beyond Thunderdome is cheesy as hell but entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Didn't know what to expect from this as it could have been a crap reboot that ruins the memory of the originals. But trailer has me really interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

I can understand why most people would like the second film more but for me the first Film is the best of the Trilogy by a country mile! The Interceptor at her finest, characters like Jim Goose, Toecutter etc.. and set at a time when the world it just starting to fall apart. There's also a small amount humour in the first 30 minutes of the first film that you don't get with the other two!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

First one is brilliant, Max is just so innocent and vulnerable compared to what he becomes!

krudler wrote: »
    The first one is pretty rubbish tbh, for the budget and that it is what it is, the second film is vastly superior and still has one of the best vehicle based action scenes you'll ever see . Beyond Thunderdome is cheesy as hell but entertaining.

No way! I loved the first film, I have a real soft spot for it. The Goose! Toecutter! The Nightrider! The scene where Max is on screen for the first time, shades and all, is so cool. The ensuing chase is brilliant. The sense of menace builds and builds throughout. It's not in the same league as the second film but it stands on its own merits for me.

Thunderdome is the one I've watched least from the trilogy. It's quite spectacular looking at times but the story isn't up to much and I can live without Tina Turner and Angry Anderson as the bad guys thanks very much. There's a sense of frustration with that film for me as it could have been so much better than it was.

No way! I loved the first film, I have a real soft spot for it. The Goose! Toecutter! The Nightrider! The scene where Max is on screen for the first time, shades and all, is so cool. The ensuing chase is brilliant. The sense of menace builds and builds throughout. It's not in the same league as the second film but it stands on its own merits for me.

Thunderdome is the one I've watched least from the trilogy. It's quite spectacular looking at times but the story isn't up to much and I can live without Tina Turner and Angry Anderson as the bad guys thanks very much. There's a sense of frustration with that film for me as it could have been so much better than it was.

I like the first half, all the stuff in Bartertown is cool and it's only when the kids arrive it goes downhill, the climax is a retread of the previous film too.

The Road Warrior though? fantastic film

New trailer is all kinds of awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

That looks brilliant.

Advertisement