Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

This time of year is a bit on the nippy side for going commando Jim. Although on the plus side if I got drunk there'd be no chance of getting my dress stuck in my knickers.:D

Kaftans are great...Hide a multitude of things you would rather not have seen and long and flowing makes a statement...;)Then they can be nightdresses

nicki11 wrote: »
    I always get sick from stress when the exams are about to start and its started again

So sorry.. I was the same
    and I took my university finals on my 21st..nb no 18th in those far off days..;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Give kids the decision on what they want to do for the afternoon.
    INDDOOOOORRRR PLLLAAYGGROOOOUNNND was the response.
    Cool says I.
    March in, pay the €13, take the kids shoes off, get them their juice, sit down and check the wi-fi situation. Before I have opened up the settings on the phone, the youngest comes back and tells me she took a wee and that her jocks are wet (yes, my 3 year old calls her trousers jocks)
    Gather children up and leave.
    Easily the biggest waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Vel wrote: »

The guy beside looks like he is getting the job done quickly so I cockily move tills. And then the guy at the new till realises he has forgotten something and sprints off down the shop to retrieve it. In the meantime the couple at the original till have finished up and if I had stayed there I would be being served rather than seething and stewing away waiting for the moron to return. And not even a sorry out of him for delaying me. I made sure he heard my passive agressive 'Don't worry I have all day to wait around while you re-commence your shopping'

That reminds me!

I hate, hate, hate it when you're shopping with sombody and they forget some stupid item while queuing for the till, so they shoot off leaving you in the awkward position of standing there to guard their place in line like some spare pr1k.

And to make matters worse, that's is when the line inevitably chooses to start moving again as you anxiously and inexorably move closer to the till, all the while concious of the fact that you have no wallet on you and will have face the merciless anger and frustration of the angry mob when you reach the top of the queue and are forced to shrug and appologetically explain that 'I'm just waiting for X to return from a game of hide and seek around the supermarket with a jar or pickles'.

SPARE ME!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

conorhal wrote: »
    That reminds me!

I hate, hate, hate it when you're shopping with sombody and they forget some stupid item while queuing for the till, so they shoot off leaving you in the awkward position of standing there to guard their place in line like some spare pr1k.

And to make matters worse, that's is when the line inevitably chooses to start moving again as you anxiously and inexorably move closer to the till, all the while concious of the fact that you have no wallet on you and will have face the merciless anger and frustration of the angry mob when you reach the top of the queue and are forced to shrug and appologetically explain that 'I'm just waiting for X to return from a game of hide and seek around the supermarket with a jar or pickles'.

SPARE ME!!!!!!

In Dunnes at the weekend, a lady at the till ahead of me had vouchers that is she spent over €100 she would get €10 off her shopping. Her total came to €91. So she decides to go off and get something for €9. Grand thinks me, she'll probably just pick up he 12 pack of Andre really soft toilet triple quilted jacks roll that is on special offer display right behind us.
    She walks straight past that amazing offer and disappears down the aisles, I thought she would have something in mind and would be going straight for it. Apparently not, I must have been waiting that about 5 minutes before she strolled back with some Dove soaps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What's the dress like pumpkin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People complaining of the cold when its is still comparatively warm. Lord help them when the true winter temperatures hit!

And the thread moving on to no. 44 without a mod messing with the numbering sequence.I was all prepared to be annoyed about it and now can't complain so I'm annoyed at not being able to be annoyed.
    TA, as someone said last week, is certainly a gift than goes on giving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

What's the dress like pumpkin?

It's hard to describe really, but here goes. It's a sleevless black figure hugging number with a top that will require a bra with a good bit of oomph;) and it flares out at mid calf. There are little black buttons under the bust. I hate my upper body, lots of scary scars, so I've got a long black cardigan to cover that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People complaining of the cold when its is still comparatively warm. Lord help them when the true winter temperatures hit!

And the thread moving on to no. 44 without a mod messing with the numbering sequence.I was all prepared to be annoyed about it and now can't complain so I'm annoyed at not being able to be annoyed.
    TA, as someone said last week, is certainly a gift than goes on giving.

I reckon they're waiting til we think it's ok and then they'll change it when we least expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

roro1990 wrote: »
    People on reddit always calling their bf/gf their "SO". Does my head in for some reason.

1. Hey, that reminds me - who decided that the answer to a question which for centuries started with "...well,....." and must now, for some reason be: ."so, .."

2. Tables that rock.
    3. .....shop assistants who "just sold the last one this morning..."
    4. people who ask "..what age would you say I am?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's hard to describe really, but here goes. It's a sleevless black figure hugging number with a top that will require a bra with a good bit of oomph;) and it flares out at mid calf. There are little black buttons under the bust. I hate my upper body, lots of scary scars, so I've got a long black cardigan to cover that.

Sounds fab! Did you find kitten heels after?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Clothing and compliments" is down the hall, third door on the left:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Credit Card security passwords. Forgot mine recently - got locked out, reset it and can't remember it - got locked out again.

Now I have to ring a number and talk to an actual person. F*ck's sake.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

This time of year is a bit on the nippy side for going commando Jim. Although on the plus side if I got drunk there'd be no chance of getting my dress stuck in my knickers.:D

'Tis surely, beoir. Clear-and-present danger of other guests hanging up coats on you. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Haven't found shoes yet, but I'm in Galway next week so I'll drag Mr Pumpkinseeds to every shop in the city looking for other things and I might find some there.:D

Jeez, I just realised that it's Christmas the week after next, where has the year gone?

Jake1 wrote: »
    When you just typed out a long responce to previous TA thread, and when you hit send its closed FFS

:mad::mad:

Been there done that and the advice is.. look before you leap!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Give kids the decision on what they want to do for the afternoon.
    INDDOOOOORRRR PLLLAAYGGROOOOUNNND was the response.
    Cool says I.
    March in, pay the €13, take the kids shoes off, get them their juice, sit down and check the wi-fi situation. Before I have opened up the settings on the phone, the youngest comes back and tells me she took a wee and that her jocks are wet (yes, my 3 year old calls her trousers jocks)
    Gather children up and leave.
    Easily the biggest waste of money.

Do you not take spare pants? Maybe now you will! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I hate when threads fill up quicker than you expect.

That I have to leave my snug bed to go and take more hot rocks out of the range oven to get warm again.. The temp is dropping like a stone up here.... worse as I am very tired but a good sleep will help that.

Haven't found shoes yet, but I'm in Galway next week so I'll drag Mr Pumpkinseeds to every shop in the city looking for other things and I might find some there.:D

Jeez, I just realised that it's Christmas the week after next, where has the year gone?[/QUOTE]

Yes I suppose it is! Still one or maybe at most two craft events to go before then.

• Advertisement

My TA fr today

Last few weeks, Iv been ill, and in shed loads of pain, so only time I changed clothes was to change pjs really.
    Today, decided to kick my own arse, and get dickied up a bit for himself coming home

So I shower, do makeup, fix hair. Put on a lowcut figure huggin dress, pushup bra, matching knicks.

So far so, Bom chicka Wow wow :D

Came down stairs, put the dinner on. Next thing, BAM, I have an SVT attack.

Lay down for 20 mins. Feel ok. Walk around a bit, blood pressure dropped to 92/60, felt fierce dizzy and sick.

Himself gets in, Im like a corpse :) Waxen, like I need a bloodtransfusion

Grand now though, but fook me, tomorrow, I refuse to get dressed.

TL/DR romance , bont bother

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Jake1 wrote: »
    My TA fr today

Last few weeks, Iv been ill, and in shed loads of pain, so only time I changed clothes was to change pjs really.
    Today, decided to kick my own arse, and get dickied up a bit for himself coming home

So I shower, do makeup, fix hair. Put on a lowcut figure huggin dress, pushup bra, matching knicks.

So far so, Bom chicka Wow wow :D

Came down stairs, put the dinner on. Next thing, BAM, I have an SVT attack.

Lay down for 20 mins. Feel ok. Walk around a bit, blood pressure dropped to 92/60, felt fierce dizzy and sick.

Himself gets in, Im like a corpse :) Waxen, like I need a bloodtransfusion

Grand now though, but fook me, tomorrow, I refuse to get dressed.

TL/DR romance , bont bother

Ah, but did he notice ?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ah, but did he notice ?

OH YEEEEEAH!!!! He surely did, as my BP dropped earlier, his rose..;)

I maybe missing from boards for a while later....:p;)

Graces7 wrote: »
    Do you not take spare pants? Maybe now you will! ;)

Thought I was well past that stage. I think she was just way too excited about getting to the slide.

Graces7 wrote: »
    That I have to leave my snug bed to go and take more hot rocks out of the range oven to get warm again.. The temp is dropping like a stone up here.... worse as I am very tired but a good sleep will help that.

Sounds like something from Dickens or Peig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

the complete and utter absolute tripe that passes for daytime/evening television on the irish tv channels:mad::mad:

jesus...its desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Bad tonsilitis.

I haven't eaten properly since Thursday night. I am annoyed

and hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I waited in line for ages at the local butchers today and when it came to my turn some oul bitch jumped in front of me and put her order in, even more annoying the fecker behind the counter served her. I walked out **** him I am taking my business elsewhere, but it was a big waste of my time.. Kids will have to have chips tonight no meat for dinner:P because I couldn't be arsed going anywhere else.

Bad tonsilitis.

I haven't eaten properly since Thursday night. I am annoyed

and hungry
    Been there. Went through years of agony.
    Gargling with tepid salty water was my only means of relief.

After many years of frequent episodes of tonsillitis my doctor said one more dose and they will have to be removed. I know the first signs of an episode and gargle with salt immediately. Haven't had to go to the GP about them in over 20 years now! The power of salt! (Or the threat of surgery!!?)

• Advertisement

The idea that a ginger nerd on the BT Broadband ad could have a girlfriend like that.

In real life she would be cheating on him with the younger cool guy they live with.

Makes me bitter and angry at my own "love life" (inverted commas at it's non existence).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement