Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Dr_watson wrote: »
    No. Only January February and March (end of financial year) intakes before this candidate list is binned and moves onto new 2014 campaign which is at AC stage currently.

Yeah I had heard originally it was to be 9 intakes of 42 to make up 378. Just hoping that they'll have added an extra one as they haven't taken as many as expected in the first 6/7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I was speaking to the head of physical dept at the fam day. She said this PCA in Nov is the last group to go through and then a mop up in the new year for medical deferrals. It's simple maths. There's 378 spaces advertised. They've been taking groups of 40-45. That's 9 intakes. I'm not trying to scare anyone but we all need to be realistic. I'm sitting on a good IST score as are a few others who need to repeat their PCA but I'm taking nothing for granted.

"J" said that anyone left who's passed everything and hasn't got a space would be referred back to recruitment and it would be their decision. Who knows what that means. Perhaps well be offered spots in the 1405 campaign or they might do an extra intake. Who knows?! I doubt even recruitment do at this stage. But I reckon they're wanting to fill the last intake from Nov's PCA.

Be realistic about it people and just cos you pass PCA DO NOT drop out of the 2nd campaign, I'm certainly not until I get that call with a start date!!!! Chins up my lovelies, if it's for us it won't pass us xx

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

No. Only January February and March (end of financial year) intakes before this candidate list is binned and moves onto new 2014 campaign which is at AC stage currently.

Yes. Intakes are to be scaled down to max 24 per intake. So there will be more than 3 more intakes. Intakes will continue until a full compliment of 378 has been filled, wether or not the time scale goes past the end of financial year.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Don't imagine any extra intakes. They only need average squad size of 38 to make 378 from the next groups starting from November intake.

I was under the impression there was 187 in as of September which would reflect 5 intakes so on average 37 per each. Much as I would like to believe there will be more past experience of this process teaches you to err on the side of cynicism!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Tim89 wrote: »
    Yes. Intakes are to be scaled down to max 24 per intake. So there will be more than 3 more intakes. Intakes will continue until a full compliment of 378 has been filled, wether or not the time scale goes past the end of financial year.

I very much doubt this but believe what you will

I very much doubt this but believe what you will

Yeah you'd already stated that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Tim89 wrote: »

Where'd you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Arsenal123

Reckon that's the last of the intake 7 calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DB89

I would imagine so. Waiting game for the next calls now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Arsenal123 wrote: »
    Reckon that's the last of the intake 7 calls?

Yup thats it folks. December will be the next batch of calls.

Next intakes are gona be smaller now too as the guys from intake 6 have found out at their induction.

Fingers crossed for the next group of calls!

What's your AC score?

65 passed medical end of sept and vetting cleared in October.
    Yourself?

65 passed med around same time, vetting passed start of September.

:mad:

Hopefully we are next then! Thought 65 was the score this time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Yup thats it folks. December will be the next batch of calls.

Next intakes are gona be smaller now too as the guys from intake 6 have found out at their induction.

Is that when the calls go out or start date?

Cromlech wrote: »
    Is that when the calls go out or start date?

"Batch of calls" :p

They'd probably be sooner actually? They go out ever 4 to 5 weeks dont they?

Sorry don't know how I didn't read that properly

I know, I was on my phone and the writing is really small....I'll let you know of any other excuses as and when they come to me.

• Advertisement

Calls are working every 5 weeks in line with the intakes

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Medical passed, can FINALLY say that I am at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

How sure are we there will be an intake 8+?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DB89

How sure are we there will be an intake 8+?

Have to say I share your cynicism

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

I'm pretty sure there will be considering so many still doing expensive medicals and the like. But just wondering what other thought.

I'm pretty sure there will be considering so many still doing expensive medicals and the like. But just wondering what other thought.

I'd say they would try to get as much as possible from this and the next campaign, with future campaigns looking unlikely with the way budget cuts are coming in. I know Stormont secured a loan from the treasury, but this will only result in future debt and probably more cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Ok.... so much speculation.... freaking me out! OK so if ive a medical next week and pass it.... will I be offered a place at garnerville? Or is it not that simple??? I passed PCA in mid to end Sept.....answers on a postcard please

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    Ok.... so much speculation.... freaking me out! OK so if ive a medical next week and pass it.... will I be offered a place at garnerville? Or is it not that simple??? I passed PCA in mid to end Sept.....answers on a postcard please

It's definitely not that simple,there is only likely to be another couple or so intakes and there are a significant number of people still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

I dnt get why they would refer candidates bk to recruitment who are deemed qualified and capable for garnerville having passed all aspects of the tests Including costly medicals and begin the process all over again with new candidates. If after 14 months of biten finger nails I was to be knocked bk at this stage I think id crack up!

• Advertisement

That's what she told me :/

Btw you have to have everything passed at least 4 weeks before the calls go out to be eligible for selection and that illusive call

Advertisement