Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Conundrum

Options
  • 22-10-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

I'll wait for training photos, but since I don't have Pelle or Baines this is the perfect excuse to facilitate those moves.

What are you doing with Costa? 189 votes

Holding
    0%
    Selling for Aguero
    67%
    SickBoyTacTDont be at yourselfSkySterAdMMMsionnachscaryShaque attackPWEIbohsman[Deleted User]smokingmanfifthdasa29BulmersWombatmanLemlinpointywalnutzarquonbof 128 votes
    Selling for Pelle
    9%
    rock whorehullaballooArmaniJeanssblarney_armymenoscemoTony_MontanamagicmovesdonglenMagicIRLirish_manlittlesthoboFowler87TimeToShineNeoulouspower101Gaillimh1976The Wild BunchFenson 18 votes
    Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.
    3%
    TockmanO-DeazyMarkxRIALTO1Ziegler1988paulie21GreenwayM 7 votes
    Waiting for more news
    2%
    cdevbrianblazeScorpion StingorkkukunkkuSnitchingBubs 5 votes
    Already sold him (*cough* PARlance *cough*)
    16%
    gargrowlerNichololasdave13Sooner or LatercullenswoodCunning AliasRikandronan.hmiller82Dearg81NabyLadisthemanbo-scoG10328-10beaver111maximo31CSFlanger91Jayd0g 31 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Selling for Aguero
    I'm keeping him anyway, I'd be very surprised if he isn't starting against united.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Holding/waiting for more news :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'm expecting him to play against United. Won't transfer him out til I hear confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    i'll be keeping him, unless there's irrefutable evidence that he's going to miss a few games or something.

'mon the Costa differential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Selling for Aguero
    I have had him since day 1 and am reluctant to get rid.

Baines in for Ivanovic is my top priority at the moment, as is perhaps moving Fabregas on for Hazard. My first points hit of the season beckons next week I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Selling for Aguero
    Had him since day 1 as well and holding for now, but that's mainly cos I've already made 3 transfers this week.

I actually considered shipping him out for Aguero on Saturday morning but sense prevailed.

Stupid sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Could you change my option to "already sold him last week", I don't want to be confused with anyone that has sold him since the 2pm team sheet came out last weekend.... Abandonwagoners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If I vote now I'll be waiting for more news but once I get more news, or lack thereof it could change. Oh and I already have Aguero and Pelle

I still think he'll start though as I don't even think he's really injured at all but I've been wrong about things before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Selling for Aguero
    As a Chelsea fan, I believe he'll start given Mourinho's past behaviour and especially with Remy also under fitness doubts after pulling up with a groin strain last night.

I don't think his hamstrings are as dodgy as Aguero's were last year, but there will be a few selection headaches as the season goes on as Mourinho is quite secretive over his fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Selling for Aguero
    Holding for now anyway, can't afford to sell him and already have Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Selling for Aguero
    It'll cost me at least £0.3 when I inevitably have to get him back, holding

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Selling for Aguero
    I would sell him but I'm working on getting ageuro in as well and want both, it'll hurt the rest of my team more if I need to find another .3 . If I knew he was out for qpr as well I'd sell since he would drop a nice bit

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Selling for Aguero
    My opinion again in case anyone missed it:

I still stick by my point that Mourinho put pressure on Spain to give Costa a two week break by not playing him. This didn't happen.

Mourinho, IMO, and I may be totally incorrect, is now giving Costa this two week break ahead of their tougher fixtures.

By the way, those who voted "waiting for more news", you're not going to get it. There's no way Mourinho will admit either way ahead of the United game. He'll be as coy as ever to keep van Gaal guessing. I'd be getting a strategy ready now based on having limited information.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lemlin wrote: »

I still stick by my point that Mourinho put pressure on Spain to give Costa a two week break by not playing him. This didn't happen.

Mourinho, IMO, and I may be totally incorrect, is now giving Costa this two week break ahead of their tougher fixtures.

By the way, those who voted "waiting for more news", you're not going to get it. There's no way Mourinho will admit either way ahead of the United game. He'll be as coy as ever to keep van Gaal guessing.

well in that case you can lump us in with the holding crew :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    keeping and possibly captaining !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Selling for Aguero
    Lemlin wrote: »

By the way, those who voted "waiting for more news", you're not going to get it. There's no way Mourinho will admit either way ahead of the United game. He'll be as coy as ever to keep van Gaal guessing. I'd be getting a strategy ready now based on having limited information.

I agree with you regarding Mourinho's communication, mind games and plans to rest Costa.

But this below post reminded me how badly he was managed at the end of last season. As a result he missed everything of the most significance (started but got early injury subbed in la liga title game in Camp Nou and in CL final, played unfit about 1h of the 2 opening WC defeats for Spain).

I hope Mourinho's gonna be cleverer and wait for him to be 100% fit to play him back.
    Initially injured on April 1st but atletico used injections to get him through the rest of the season, They were in the running for the league,spanish cup and champions league at that stage. Went to the World Cup unfiit then got a 2 week break before a full pre season with Chelsea.

Had a lot going against him... Atleticos reliance on him, Spain's need for him which didn't work out and a pre season to settle into a new club.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the great thing about Costa is that you know he'll start if at all fit, which means you won't get 10/20 minute cameos once he's back.

basically, i'd say don't sell him yet unless your bench isn't useable, or his price starts to really plummet or, obviously, news comes that the injury is more than a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    the great thing about Costa is that you know he'll start if at all fit, which means you won't get 10/20 minute cameos once he's back.

basically, i'd say don't sell him yet unless your bench isn't useable, or his price starts to really plummet.

It looks like I would break even off Costa to Pelle even for a one week change. I can sell Costa for 10.8m before he drops again (either tomorrow night or Friday night). He'll drop again to 10.9m Saturday night when it resets since Mourinho will insist he's out in the pressers. I can get Pelle for 8.1m and he'll rise (tomorrow or Friday night); he'll also probably rise Saturday night for 0.1m bankable.
    Just waiting for today's matches and Baines to make it through tomorrow and I'll be Costa-less for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I bought Costa late, so if he goes down to 11.0, i can sell if I want and bring him back in when it's more likely that he's fit.

i'm still leaning towards relying on my bench because i expect Costa, at the very least, to be back for QPR.

transfers are precious, and i don't really want to waste a couple on getting Costa out and then back in.

8 goals in 2 games without Costa... Do people think he'll get back his place in the team when he returns from injury in a few weeks time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    PARlance wrote: »
    8 goals in 2 games without Costa... Do people think he'll get back his place in the team when he returns from injury in a few weeks time?

Behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Have done my transfers, he's still in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Selling for Aguero
    I'll keep him. Was thinking of getting Welbeck for 1-2 weeks just in case until I watched the highlights of their CL game. Would rather take Costa's potential points.

What are we going to do if Costa doesn't play against United?

wonski wrote: »
    I'll keep him. Was thinking of getting Welbeck for 1-2 weeks just in case until I watched the highlights of their CL game. Would rather take Costa's potential points.

What are we going to do if Costa doesn't play against United?

Have Aguero as VC.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Selling for Aguero
    Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Have Aguero as VC.

;)

I am going to captain Aguero so the guys from my private league won't call me lucky again. Needless to say none of them had Aguero anyway, but they made me feel like I cheated:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Shoulda posted this here actually. ..

The Costa plot thickens.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11181423/Diego-Costas-mystery-illness-forced-him-into-hospital-on-return-to-Chelsea-from-Spain-duty.html

This has more twists and turns than an episode of 24!!

This is what it feels like to be Jose... Sitting back watching all the madness unfold.

Just transfer him out lads, it's great craic
    :)

It might just be time to treat Costa like I treated Yaya last year and completely ignore him.

I jest, kinda. Maybe. Although there could be some merit. But mainly I jest.

A thought has struck me like only a thought approaching 1am can:

Go 3-5-2 and basically swap Costa for Hazard. That way Fabregas can stay intact and if either Hazard or Costa go boom it's just 2 transfers away from swapping. Berahino could be a 3rd forward and a greater asset than say Boyd etc.

I'll return to sleep now and await the many flaws in that potential plan to be pointed out :)

• Advertisement

A thought has struck me like only a thought approaching 1am can:

Go 3-5-2 and basically swap Costa for Hazard. That way Fabregas can stay intact and if either Hazard or Costa go boom it's just 2 transfers away from swapping. Berahino could be a 3rd forward and a greater asset than say Boyd etc.

I'll return to sleep now and await the many flaws in that potential plan to be pointed out :)

You have far far too much time on your hands.

:P

Advertisement