Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continued: My Forums menu not populating

Options
  • 17-10-2014 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

This is a follow on from this thread. I wanted to start a new one to help me get a better picture of those of you who are still experiencing this issue.

If you're still having this problem, please post your browser version, OS version below.

I'm sorry this is dragging on folks, I can appreciate how frustrating an issue it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Having the problem with no notifications and my Forums menu not populating
    using Firefox 33.0, windows 7 64bit

• Registered Users Posts: 60,300 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hi Dav.

Still not working for me.. I am missing the notification box and drop down beside my Profile Name and My Forums drop down.

I use Chrome most of the time the version I have now is Version 38.0.2125.104 m.

Windows 7 64bit & Windows 8

I have checked on Firefox version 33.0 and IE 11 latest update. they don't work on those either.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

drop down menus next to my username and my forums are not working for me in Chrome on iPad (iOS 8) or on Macbook in both Mavericks and as of today, Yosemite. Drop down menus from the forum list at the top work normally. Also the tabs populate normally for me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm getting no notification box, no dropdowns on my username or My Forums, a blank My Forums tab on the homepage, and Cosy Mode isn't working.

Getting this on:

Win 7 Home, Professional and Ultimate (all 64 bit), Windows 8 and Linux Mint.
    In Chrome (38.x.x.x), and whatever the latest IE is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Hi Dav.

Still not working for me.. I am missing the notification box and drop down beside my Profile Name and My Forums drop down.
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm getting no notification box, no dropdowns on my username or My Forums, a blank My Forums tab on the homepage, and Cosy Mode isn't working.

Exact same problem here, no notification box and no dropdowns for my username or my forums.

Additionally, although my site preferences are set to cosy and full-width neither of these options are applied, this stopped working at the same time as the dropdowns/notifications and seem to be related.

This is across multiple browsers (IE, Opera, Firefox) and multiple computers.

I don't know if it helps but when looking at the javascript for the site, the boards.appearance and boards.menu in the boards-www.js file both throw errors, both relating to a variable called data which is coming up as null but looks like it should contain the relevant info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hi Dav

Thanks for getting this looked at, still having the issue on both firefox and chrome at the moment. No notifications box showing up and no dropdown menus when i hover over either my username for the threads or over "my forums"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Same as above, the notification box isnt showing and no dropdown menus for my username or my forums.

Running chrome 38.x.x.x and windows 8 64bit

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Still having issues:

Notifications don't show, drop down on user name not working, drop down on my forums not working. cozy mode not working.

Running OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) using Safari Version 7.1 (9537.85.10.17.1) and Chrome Version 38.0.2125.104

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Chrome Version 38.0.2125.104 m
    Windows 7 (32bit)
    Java 7 u67

Same issues here: dropdown menu's not working. notifications not working.

edit : just updated to Java 7u71, cleared all java cache and stopped all Chrome extensions, no joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

A dropdown menu used to appear when I hovered over My Forums. This started about a month ago and happens on all browsers and all PCs. Just tried Chrome Beta but no joy.

I’m using Touch Site (at bottom of page) as a quick fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Problem persisting for me. No dropdowns or notifications.

Chrome 38.0.2125.104 m
    W7 64bit

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just to add, updated to OS X.10 (Yosemite) and Safari 8 and still happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Still happening for me. No dropdown for "Username" & "My Forums". This is happening on Chrome 38.0.2125.104 m (64-bit), Firefox 33.0 and
    IEplorer 11.0.9600.17358 running on windows 7 HP 64bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Not working for me on Firefox 32.0.3 or Chromium 37.0.2062.120 running on LinuxMint 13 (64-bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭brevity

I cannot see the notification from followed threads and I've lost a lot of them from my control panel.

This happens in both Firefox (33.0) and Chrome (Version 38.0.2125.104 m)

Edit: I can see them in the My Threads tab on the front page. Weird

oh yeah it's fixed now fella's

:(

Maybe it's just me but errr.....none of the menu's / tabs on the frontpage work now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hello all,

Pablo's just rolling out another fix for this issue now, so if you're still not seeing things as they should be, please let me know.

[edit]
    We'll check that now Wexie....

still not seeing anything on the front page...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

No joy here.

[edit]
    And the issue with menus on the homepage is happening me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,300 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Still not working for me either.

Same above homepage is now not working..It was working this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Still not working here and now also have the problem on the home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

As above, still the same and threads on homepage not appearing

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Posts on homepage not appearing in Chrome 38.0.21xxx on iPad, no drop down menus appearing either. Tested using Safari, the site was working normally before I logged in, once logged in the exact same issues appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Not working for me either and also now the problem on the homepage. Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 Linux Mint 13 (but it's also broken on my work Ubuntu 14, latest Chrome...don't have version number in my head)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Windows 7 and Firefox 33.0 drop down menus are not appearing

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chinwag

Glad I came across this thread, like the post/pics above I'm not getting start page with threads, I'm just getting headings, I'm getting posts ok but have to navigate my way around the site to get to a thread - I'm on Firefox but IE the same. No mention of this on boards twitter. Thought maybe I'd upset a setting or something. Will follow this thread now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Still not working for me! I've tried logging in and out and cache refreshing but nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

Encountered this problem for the first time around 5ish this afternoon (20/10).
    Front page is not pulling in any content, all tabs are empty as in Wexie's screenshot.
    My Forums dropdown box not working either.
    I can only check my forums from direct links or using the top level dropdowns.
    Happens in both Firefox (my main browser, v33.0) and I.E. v11.0.9600.17358, Windows 7 on the desktop
    same on Firefox on laptop, Windows 8.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

wexie wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but errr.....none of the menu's / tabs on the frontpage work now.

Yep, just stopped working here also. Drop down menus don't open and all the tabs are blank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Likewise, still having the issues with the 'My Forums' dropdown and also having the same new issues with the homepage.

Chrome on Windows Hate.0

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement