Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

All are waste...

Much like your post buddy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actually, I'm definitely going to open her up, I have a feeling it might be that the speaker isn't connected to the mother board properly.
    Then it'll be ready to go.
    Fingers crossed as there don't seem to be any tear down videos of the Elephone P8 anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Actually, I'm definitely going to open her up, I have a feeling it might be that the speaker isn't connected to the mother board properly.
    Fingers crossed as there don't seem to be any tear down videos of the Elephone P8 anywhere.

Go for it. I had a Chinese tablet that the loudspeaker broke on. Took me a while to build up the courage, but I finally opened it up to discover one of the cables had become detached. 10 seconds of soldering later & sound was restored. It never sounded as good again, but it still worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Pics of the part here - http://www.banggood.com/Original-Elephone-P8-Speaker-Repair-Part-p-934892.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Etotalk have this on special

Looks decent for the price. Very few reviews around though.

http://www.etotalk.com/blackview-crown_p6180.html

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    Etotalk have this on special

Looks decent for the price. Very view reviews around though.

http://www.etotalk.com/blackview-crown_p6180.html

Tiny battery would put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Tiny battery would put me off.

Its removable though , if only others were the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

What's the best of these Chinese smartphones at the moment for 150 euro or less?

A little over 150 but this looks good to me: http://www.etotalk.com/jiayu-g4s-octa-core_p4739.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

mr.noobie wrote: »
    What's the best of these Chinese smartphones at the moment for 150 euro or less?

A little over 150 but this looks good to me: http://www.etotalk.com/jiayu-g4s-octa-core_p4739.html

Xiaomi Redmi is 166, there's a link from a Euro warehouse back a page...

The best is subjective but its definitely up there amongst them

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

The best is subjective but its definitely up there amongst them

I know yeah, I suppose what I meant was the most recommended in the price range, I'll take a look at the Xiaomi phone

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    Its removable though , if only others were the same.

Yeh but switching batteries just to get a days usage is a deal breaker for me but specs wise and price are decent.

mr.noobie wrote: »

Its a great phone and a great battery bit small at 4.7 inches though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had a quick look in the Elephone P8 but to no avail.
    I'm not terribly good at these things and it must be something small, literally and figuratively, that is the matter, as the "give" in the USB port of the phone is less than a mm, and the speaker contacts are located right next to it and move by about the same amount.
    Otherwise it's running fine with 4.4.2.
    Dammit, and I had it running just perfect and all!

I'll stick it up on Adverts for a more technically minded individual to fiddle with.

Thanks for you help here

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I had a quick look in the Elephone P8 but to no avail.
    I'm not terribly good at these things and it must be something small, literally and figuratively, that is the matter, as the "give" in the USB port of the phone is less than a mm, and the speaker contacts are located right next to it and move by about the same amount.
    Otherwise it's running fine with 4.4.2.
    Dammit, and I had it running just perfect and all!

I'll stick it up on Adverts for a more technically minded individual to fiddle with.

Thanks for you help here
    Bring it in to any of the Chinese or Pakistani lads around Moore/Parnell St and they'll probably do it for 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

the THL 5000 finally arrived on Friday. told me 7 day shipping took 20. Pretty impressed with it so far apart from the fact that it won't charge now??

Fully charged it when I opened it no bother but now it's at 11% and won't charge tried like 4 chargers kinda baffled!

Tried a reboot? Does it connect to the pc when you plug it in? Does the charging icon appear when you plug in the charger?

Thargor wrote: »
    Tried a reboot? Does it connect to the pc when you plug it in? Does the charging icon appear when you plug in the charger?

Yeah been rebooted a few times today. No not showing up on PC anymore even or any icons at all when plugged in. There was some wireless update yesterday that went on it dunno would that be anything to do with it

If its a removable battery remove it for 10 minutes and try again, really should have sorted this before it got down to 10% though, going to be a lot harder to figure out once the battery is dead.

well how was i to know it wouldnt charge ! like i say only got it on friday charged it fully and using it since. naw battery cant be taken out. turned it off there and plugged it in and it lit up not sure if it's charging now but loos like it could be. but weird how it'll only charge when it's turned off if it is

mcg1987 wrote: »
    well how was i to know it wouldnt charge ! like i say only got it on friday charged it fully and using it since. naw battery cant be taken out. turned it off there and plugged it in and it lit up not sure if it's charging now but loos like it could be. but weird how it'll only charge when it's turned off if it is

Had a funny problem like that with a tablet when I done a quick reboot, try a full reboot see if that lets you charge while turned on.

• Advertisement

Had a funny problem like that with a tablet when I done a quick reboot, try a full reboot see if that lets you charge while turned on.

Aw jeeze what a handling this has been!

Phone eventually charged but ONLY when it was turned off. Doesn't do anything when it's turned on.

Then when it was charged it keeps shutting down and trying to restart then it doesn't and I have to hold the power button and volume up/down to force a reboot and even then it still doesn't work sometimes! The SD Card hasn't worked since I got it too...as soon as I put back cover on it says damaged SD Card and sometimes gives the option to format t but does nothing then.

And when the phone was eventually working this morning after a lot of messing with it well then it keeps going to a lock screen of a clock then either not waking up again or just switching off again!

Need help lads. Should I put a new ROM onto it and if so how in the hell do I do it? and what's the best one to use?

This will drive me crazy otherwise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Need help lads. Should I put a new ROM onto it and if so how in the hell do I do it? and what's the best one to use?

This will drive me crazy otherwise!!

Check with the supplier if putting a NEW rom on will invalidate your warranty, or report the problem to them and see what they suggest.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Check with the supplier if putting a NEW rom on will invalidate your warranty, or report the problem to them and see what they suggest.

It's some guy on aliexpress just

http://www.needrom.com/category/thl/thl-5000/

Theres the roms and instructions, have a read of the reviews and the discussion threads for instructions.

XDA-Developers is the best place to ask a question:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/thl-5000-octacore-mtk6592t-root-recovery-t2835857

Thargor wrote: »
    http://www.needrom.com/category/thl/thl-5000/

Theres the roms and instructions, have a read of the reviews and the discussion threads for instructions.

XDA-Developers is the best place to ask a question:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/thl-5000-octacore-mtk6592t-root-recovery-t2835857

Cheers for this. Was on that xda yesterday looking for a solution. hope to get it sorted asap

New rom will sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It's some guy on aliexpress just

Different that is so.

the seller has now asked me to post it back via "post air mail" ??? So I took 3 weeks to come instead of a week and now I've to send it back! what the heck is post air mail?? He wants a tracking number just

New rom will sort it

why do you say this?

Should I just try this before posting it back then? Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Just flash a new rom to it, that sorts software problems 99% of the time, obviously if your problems are related to a dodgy bit of hardware it probably wont do anything and then ship it back, go into a Post Office and ask for the cheapest option with a tracking number.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement