Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chael Sonnen **Thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Dancor wrote: »
    They shouldnt but they will. They put brock in with randy after 2 fights, the first being a loss. Chael has already talked himself halfway there.

Yeah you're probably right. He shouldn't be able to talk his way there but he does it well. Either way the trash-talk leading up to it will be hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

gimmick wrote: »
    I reckon he is no more than 2 wins away from a title shot at LHW. May not be "fair", but I cannot see Dana holding back any money fights with Chael.

He will beat Griffin, then either Bader or Rua...presto, title shot.

This!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Agreed that a shot at JJ won't be difficult to get. It has already been established that JJ has cleaned out the top of the division so Dana and co will be open to prospects. Their no. 1 PPV salesman is sure to get it easily

• Registered Users Posts: 39,064 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You think he'll beat Shogun?

Surely he'd have to fight another top contender like Machida or Henderson?
    Neither of these will be a contender in a few months time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Chael will probably fight Jones early next year with the winner fighting Hendo for the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sonnen isn't beating Griffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Sonnen isn't beating Griffin.

I dunno. I'm a fan of Griffin but he's not what he used to be. I reckon Sonnen can take him down and keep him there and get the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

When you consider Tito had forrest in some trouble early in their fight i cant see anything other than a Sonnen victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

When you consider Tito had forrest in some trouble early in their fight i cant see anything other than a Sonnen victory.

Plus Tito completely gassed by the 3rd round and looked like he could barely stand up, and yet Griffin couldn't really take advantage. I don't think Sonnen will tire that badly

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Mellor wrote: »
    Neither of these will be a contender in a few months time ;)

True, Hendo will be the Champion.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

There should be some sort of champions league / absolute division in the ufc with soccer kicks to downed fighters..............oh wait.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

RainMaker wrote: »
    Plus Tito completely gassed by the 3rd round and looked like he could barely stand up, and yet Griffin couldn't really take advantage. I don't think Sonnen will tire that badly

Yup.

Forrest isn't special in any way and never has been. He's gotten to the heights he has with toghness, ability to take punishment and dish out just that little bit more and great cardio!

He hasn't shown any of this in a good while now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Sonnen will clean griffin to be honest. His wrestling style will overcome griffin in a big way.

Sad to say but Forrest is just living off his name now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭alanrebelsw

Defo warming to him...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So Sonnen made a new pizza at his co-owned pizza place Mean Street Pizza.

556568_360234387387304_2001894713_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw a preview of one of my favourite comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and they have replaced the whole cast. Now Dennis is played by Chael Sonnen :pac:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4614279203809

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

And he's back, but did he ever go away??

“Little Chicken Belly Nog pulled the same scumbag move that he does every time, lets the UFC put out posters, commercials, doing everything to promote him, knowing full well he’s not going to do the fight. Once again he calls in sick, three weeks early. In no industry on earth can you do that. Nobody can call their boss and say ‘Hey, boss, 20 days from now, I’m not going to feel good’. So he calls in sick three weeks early… it was a ruse from the beginning, and basically, I just wanted to help out.” - Chael P Sonnen

Well i guess this thread is gonna come alive again, 3 months of him vs Wandy

"He's 6ft tall, i didn't realise they could stack crap that high" - Chael P Sonnen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

It's a solid match up... good fight. If Chael starts with an instant takedown like last night he can keep it there long enough to tire out and beat Wandy up on the deck but if Wandy gets space and starts swinging ..Chaels goin down.

He's a ridiculous legend on the mic, it's the Chael show end of story. Who the fuk can reel off a poem like that without so much a stutter after beating the sh1t out of a legend like Shogun?

I assume Chael just wants to take out every Brazilian fighter he possibly can before he quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fluffy Stuff Buffer

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just saw a preview of one of my favourite comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and they have replaced the whole cast. Now Dennis is played by Chael Sonnen :pac:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4614279203809
    I didn't know who he was then, which makes it funny looking back now. That clip is so funny.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

UFC Q&A, chael explains how tough life was on the mean streets of Westland Oregon about 1-minute in

Another beaut from the UFC's Middleweight and Light Heavyweiht champion Chael P Sonnen

"Wand is fat. He hasn't taken his shirt off since we have been here,"

"He thought our fight would be in July, but it got announced for May. He's stressed and trying to get out of it."
    - Chael P Sonnen, Facebook post

Chael now has a Podcast One podcast. First one is up now. His guest is Ariel Helwani.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,064 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

gimmick wrote: »
    Chael now has a Podcast One podcast. First one is up now. His guest is Ariel Helwani.

What's Podcast one?

And what's the chances that McGregor gets a mention?

Podcast One are a Podcast company.

Mellor wrote: »
    What's Podcast one?

And what's the chances that McGregor gets a mention?

Doesn't even take 15 minutes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Any links please?

Advertisement