Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chael Sonnen **Thread**

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

scudzilla wrote: »
    And there's more, this is gonna get hilarious by the time the fight happens

He talks about a new hair stylist where he go Marty Whelan's old place?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Shamelessly stole from 9Gag

4070357_700b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Chael is about to go live on the joe rogan podcast..

http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

WTF Joe trying to sell me magic pills

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

sheehy83 wrote: »
    WTF Joe trying to sell me magic pills

Taking note of these usana and cradum :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Talking about exploding deer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Vinny Magalhaes Chael's Bjj training partner said on mma hour that he fully expects Chael to tap out Anderson :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

n1WSM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

He's back...

552760_10151133853845399_1182535312_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

He's back...

552760_10151133853845399_1182535312_n.jpg

Who's he on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

No mention of who it is. Maybe someone who has gone between 205 and 185. It could be Wanderlei, Franklin or Belfort. Although Franklin is lined up to fight Cung Le in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

i'd be guessing rampage of wanderlei not sure who else he might be talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Wanderlei makes sense actually.

They've had words before.

there was a few digs at comments made by rampage as well recently. i think chael answered on one of those chael corner things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

Was he not tipped to fight Rashad?

p to the e wrote: »

There was a photo of them both squaring up to each other but I think that was all a joke.
    But the wording of his tweet seems to point at a middleweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

p to the e wrote: »

Iirc, weren't they both on the FX show together? Would be strange if they fought, despite it being an interesting match

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Cant be Rampage as he's not renewing his contract after Glover smashes his head into his neck.

Wandi makes sense. The wording definitely points to a MW.

Vitor a possibility too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just started reading Chael's book, only a bit into it and already nearly weed myself twice.

A mate emailed it me last night, (PM's welcome ;);))

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just started reading Chael's book, only a bit into it and already nearly weed myself twice.

A mate emailed it me last night, (PM's welcome ;);))

Awesome!!

I was considering getting it but wasn't sure. Will do so now for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

So I turns out we were all wrong.

Chael is getting a rematch with Forrest Griffin at light heavyweight. Source

I think Chael will take this by decision.

forrest by interview.... ;)

Shazbot wrote: »
    So I turns out we were all wrong.

Chael is getting a rematch with Forrest Griffin at light heavyweight. Source

I think Chael will take this by decision.

I'm gonna find it hard to get excited about that fight. And Chael making a run at Jon Jones is a bad idea. I think jones would destroy him.
    I like Chael, he's grown on me, especially after reading his book (cheers Scud!), but I think this is a bad move for him. Yeah there's a few interesting fights for him at 205 but in the end, he won't have a belt.
    I'd much rather him try to cut and drop to WW. GSP v Sonnen is a fight I'd love to see.

And before anyone tears into my above post.......I know Sonnen cutting to WW is a tough task and he might not even be able to do it, but I just think it'd be really interesting if he could.

Looks like Chael has wasted no time in trying to wind up Jones and talk his way into another title fight! :D

Source
    Aug 15, 2012 - Chael Sonnen has come up short in every attempt he's made at procuring major-promotion gold during his mixed martial arts career.

But the pride of West Linn, Ore. remains the undisputed, pound-for-pound champion of trolling.

On Tuesday, Sonnen took to the airwaves to announce his move to light heavyweight on Fuel TV's "UFC Tonight," and in doing so, couldn't resist the opportunity to take a shot at the current champion, Jon Jones.

"Sure, I could go up to 205, and I could take Jon Jones' belt away the same as I could take away his candy on Halloween," Sonnen said, as he announced his Dec. 29 bout with Forrest Griffin. "Like a little punk kid, I could snatch it away all I want."

On Wednesday, Jones took the bait. The champion, who is training for his Sept. 1 title defense against Dan Henderson, fired back at Sonnen with three tweets, kicking off a chain reaction.

"The things you say about me hold absolutely no weight," tweeted Jones. "You disrespected Anderson [Silva] and his country but fought like a child."

Two more tweets rapidly followed: "If you're going to disrespect me, at least disrespect me to my face like a man," Jones tweeted. A minute later, he followed up with another tweet, which apparently referenced Sonnen's California and Nevada commission suspensions. "And you call me a punk, I'm more man than you'll ever be. #Coward #Cheater."

This set off an entertaining back-and-forth between the two:

chael sonnen
    @JonnyBones Oh I plan too. Btw, how long did it take your parents to come up with your name, JON JONES.. #creative

Jon Bones Jones
    @sonnench lol dude, you're not worth my time.. Earn a title shot instead of trying to talk your way into one and I'll be glad to hurt you

chael sonnen
    Advice to @JonnyBones. Take some of that Nike money, hire new writers.

By this point, Jones appeared to have walked away, so Sonnen took one last shot and went straight at Jones' DUI issues:

chael sonnen
    Boarding plane to Oregon now, home of your corporate wage masters. Next time you are in town, knock on my door. Don't drive. @JohnnyBones

Jon Bones Jones
    @sonnench lol you're an idiot if you think I haven't heard every dui joke in the book. I applaud original ones, that's powerless

Somehow, we get the feeling this won't be the last of it

I like Chael, I think he's funny but this is just ridiculous. He has so many top fighters to get through before getting a shot at the belt - maybe give it a few wins before start running your mouth off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I reckon he is no more than 2 wins away from a title shot at LHW. May not be "fair", but I cannot see Dana holding back any money fights with Chael.

He will beat Griffin, then either Bader or Rua...presto, title shot.

You think he'll beat Shogun?

Surely he'd have to fight another top contender like Machida or Henderson?

I reckon 3 solid wins should do it. If he gets past Griffin, then they'll give him someone like Bader, and then he'll have to fight for a number 1 contender spot. There's no way they should stick him in a title fight after just 2 fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Dean09 wrote: »
    I reckon 3 solid wins should do it. If he gets past Griffin, then they'll give him someone like Bader, and then he'll have to fight for a number 1 contender spot. There's no way they should stick him in a title fight after just 2 fights.

They shouldnt but they will. They put brock in with randy after 2 fights, the first being a loss. Chael has already talked himself halfway there.

Advertisement