Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

35 points this morning.

Don't know how because it felt like a horrible round. A few good up and downs for pars helped but the 100yd game is gone to crap to leave little or no birdie putts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Out on Headfort Old today for a casual.

90 strokes for 39pts
    5 Pars
    5 Doubles
    Rest were bogey's

Drove the ball really well, irons were on form aswell. Wedges, for the most part, were quite good. Biggest problem was getting used to the greens again after a while of not playing them. They were running fast today and found it hard to get any check go resulted to throwing the ball high and praying it stayed and running long or short on a lot of putts. Still happy walking off, some of my drives, although good, left me blocked when going for green, forgot how tight the Old is.

Out for my first comp in a few weeks Saturday and looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Played with Foreright today and was just as surprised with my 30 points.
    First time playing off 12 and tbh, it was looking like I could have been down to 11 at one stage.

25points after 12 holes...didn't feel like I was playing that good and I was putting as badly as I have been of late.

2 blocked hybrids on the next two holes resulted in scratches and just hacked my way for the final 4.
    5 points from the final 6 holes... Terrible.

Was surprised to see the 30 after what was a bit of a blah day but a big positive in the sense that there's hope I might sneak another cut in before the year is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

40pts off my new 14.7 hdicap this morning bloody delighted. 21pts front9 came home with 19 which should of easily been 21 missed to handy par putts on 16&17. Hit awkward greenside bunker shot on 18th with me outside bunker ball in a horrible spot. Got it to 6ft holed it for par. Another nice cut in the bag..

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Played 14 holes yesterday evening
    10 pars
    4 bogeys
    Game in pretty good shape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Went out for 9 holes yesterday to get some practice in for the comp and played crap. Felt like my solid swing deserted me for most of it so was dreading today.

Felt like I was in the Ryder Cup when I sky'd the first tee off :D

Came good in the end and got back to striking quite well. Putting was terrible and had a few hiccups chipping.

31pts
    4 scratches
    5 Pars

Got on a bit of a roll near the end and made 13pts over 4 holes by paring the 11th par 3,13th index 1,14th par 5 and 17th par 3. Played the 16th par 5 well enough up to the green but took too much club and went over the back, then chipped back in (through trees mind) and into the bunker on the far side lol

Woot, made the buffer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I bit the bullet and joined a club today, Slade Valley until the end 2015.

Went out and got my first card towards a handicap. 111 strokes including

1 par
    7 bogeys
    4 doubles
    2 triples
    And 4 holes that really didn't go my way.

2 of the bogeys included having to play sideways out of trees and everything triple and over had at least 2 duffed shots so I know I can improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I bit the bullet and joined a club today, Slade Valley until the end 2015.

Went out and got my first card towards a handicap. 111 strokes including

1 par
    7 bogeys
    4 doubles
    2 triples
    And 4 holes that really didn't go my way.

2 of the bogeys included having to play sideways out of trees and everything triple and over had at least 2 duffed shots so I know I can improve.

Well done. Fill out a copy of card and keep it. In time to come when you're annoyed about not breaking 80 having a look at it will remind you how much progress you've madee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

i feel i should contribute for the first time on this thread.

played a members invitational at my local club on thursday. played of 20. scored 43 points. got cut to 18. Won the comp too!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Gross 77 this morning
    9 pars
    1 birdie
    8 bogeys
    Played last 7 holes -1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭SEORG

Last Medal of the year today. Gross 77 for net 69.

Drove the ball well but was missing fairways by a yard, got up and down very well today. Holed 4 putts over 15ft.

13 pars
    5 bogeys

Looks a lot more boring than it was. Happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 27,056 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

28 points yesterday, pathetic game.

Hit the range afterwards and then played another 9, not much better tbh.

12 hole shotgun this morning at 8am, +1 gross including 2 missed par putts from within 3 feet and 3 birdies that burnt the cup but didnt drop.
    Stupid game.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

35pts off 11 in Bunclody, what a beautiful course

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Stroke comp today. Tees pushed right to the very back, blue markers. one of our par 5's is a par 4 off the blues....

Was 1 over for the front 9. 8 pars, 1 bogey.

Unfortunately was 4 over for the back 9. 1 birdie, 3 pars, 5 bogeys.

Putted just beautifully. Holed pretty much everything I could hole and anything i missed was left stone dead. Until the 17th, when I had a 5 footer for par, I missed it comfortably with a big shove and then on 18, another 5 footer for par, ball went straight for the middle of the hole and inexplicably moved up the hill to the right and missed.

Still, 76 gross for a 71 nett.

Comp ran over 2 days and I won't win with that. A friend of mine played yesterday, playing off 5, shot 68 gross (-3) for a 63 nett. Unreal stuff. He was cut a full 1.0 for it aswell... 4.6 - 3.6.

Hoping I get nibbled 0.1 or 0.2 for mine today, get myself closer to my own target of 4 for the year but if I had gotten those 2 putts on 17 and 18, I'd be there right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

Played in an open comp in Donabate yesterday - 37pts off 15 , with 4 1pointer holes..... Played some great stuff... 8 pars, and missed a lot of birdie putts.....

the quest goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 40 digginz

Broke 100 for the second time in a week after a 98 in Grange Castle a week ago
    I've got an other 98 in Roundwood on Saturday this time.

Really good iron striking and chipping.

The plan is to do an other casual round this week end and then get back to competition golf and hopefully scoring close to my 28 handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Hit a 74 yesterday, playing off 16 . Everything just seemed to go right for me - only second time breaking 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Level Par on Saturday in Lucan. 3 birdies, bogey and a doubleo n the Par 3 4th. Very poor putting round and a few loose iron shots.

Scoring was incredible at the weekend with a 6 under Gross recorded and the winner shooting 46 Pts of 6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

39points off 13 on Sunday
    Front 9
    6 pars
    1 bogey
    1 birdie
    1 blank
    Back 9
    4 pars
    3 bogeys
    2 double
    Best score of the year but felt I played better in other rounds. Only 3 fairways hit and 3 greens in regulations, got up and down 8 times and that made the difference, held one putt from about 15ft, didnt hold anything else over 4ft. Topped my drive 20ft on a par 4 and still made par. Strange round.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,782 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Hit a 74 yesterday, playing off 16 . Everything just seemed to go right for me - only second time breaking 80.

Emm . Sorry can't let this one go.

could you elaborate ?

• Advertisement

How do you mean?
    Emm . Sorry can't let this one go.

could you elaborate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

How do you mean?

mexican-bandit-hat.jpg

Cheers
    Benny Cake wrote: »
    mexican-bandit-hat.jpg

How do you mean?

Well how could you be off 16.

What was the course par.

You have been below 80 before. Must be a bit of history.

Course par is 70, have played the course a lot of times and never broke 80 there. Previous time I broke 80 was on another course.

Had 1 birdie, 5 bogeys and rest were pars
    Well how could you be off 16.

What was the course par.

You have been below 80 before. Must be a bit of history.

Course par is 70, have played the course a lot of times and never broke 80 there. Previous time I broke 80 was on another course.

Had 1 birdie, 5 bogeys and rest were pars

Amazing score so.

Must have been a bizarre round.

You basically were 4 over off 16 - so 48 points - lol.

Amazing score so.

Must have been a bizarre round.

You basically were 4 over off 16 - so 48 points - lol.

smokey-and-the-bandit-o.gif

I don't even get GIFs - or whatever they are called - but I laughed out loud at that.

I'm sitting here watching The Ryder Cup again - thinking when will I have a 48.

I don't even get GIFs - or whatever they are called - but I laughed out loud at that.

I'm sitting here watching The Ryder Cup again - thinking when will I have a 48.

Sometimes with the right gif you can say more than a 1000 word post

• Advertisement

Did not think I would get so much grief for shooting low! Was a bizarre round - as in got up and down a good few times when I had no right to

Advertisement