Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call for State schools to accommodate Islamic beliefs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

gallag wrote: »
    How did I turn one single poster into most of the posters? A lot of posters were in aagreement in that thread that the Jews and infidels should be murderd, I have no clue why you constantly try to misrepresent what I am saying? did a lot of the attitudes in that thread not cause you even a slight bit of worry?

No you interpreted one persons post to fit your twisted Islamaphobic agenda, You claimed the MAJORITY of posters in that thread said they would happily kill Jews and non believers when in truth there is no evidence of that at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

So if i said "God knows best" that would make me a radical Christian with murderous intentions?

You stated clearly that (and i see edited the post afterwards)

:
    first I have not edited any post, stop lying.
    second if someone asked a question " I am having trouble believing we should kill Jews" and someone replys "allah knows best" and quotes scriptures to back it up then yes I do call that radical! why do you not?

how about the attitudes of a lot of muslim men in this thread as to if it's Ok to rape your wife?

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?350030-brothers-will-you-force-your-wife&highlight=hit+wife

would you agree that that thread has a very different tone to it than if the same question was asked in after hours for example?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

ask them? If they don't believe that then they are not muslim! I recently spent a lot of time reading a Islam forum, just like boards.ie only for Muslims and I am afraid most Muslim's on the site relish the prospect of killing the non believers. your muslim "friends" will of course not convey this to you because they are trying to fly undercover and overtake every country in the world and spread their religion.

Here is another thread from an "Islamic" extremist from ummah.com. http://w01.freezepage.com/a/14046/21393WQOVZCNVJO/0

Can you explain to me what is going on here???

Likewise, what is happening here? http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?197121-PRESS-RELEASE-Ummah-forum-detest-today%92s-misleading-article-in-The-Sun&p=2999327#post2999327

• Registered Users Posts: 11,863 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

3) You know what did ACTUALLY happen in Oslo that year? A white, atheist, native Norwegian bombed Oslo and massacred scores of children on an island because he bought into the same asinine conspiracy theories that you do.

Breivik wasn't an atheist, but I see your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

How did I turn one single poster into most of the posters? A lot of posters were in aagreement in that thread that the Jews and infidels should be murderd, I have no clue why you constantly try to misrepresent what I am saying? did a lot of the attitudes in that thread not cause you even a slight bit of worry?

I'm not talking about murdering Jews - but if you want to go there - there were not 'a lot' of posters in agreement with that position - there were very few. Care to count them up and explain how you conclude they constitute 'a lot'? They don't - you're actively misrepresenting the truth again.

The specific misrepresent ion I was alluding to was this one:
    Originally Posted by gallag
    also, did you not read my post correctly? Your analogy makes no sense, it wasn't just an illegal family, they smuggled children that were not theirs into the UK, and most were against reporting incase the children went to infidels ffs I would imagine most irish people would have a problem with that!

Actual number of posters stating such? One. That's right - a singular poster.

• Advertisement

first I have not edited any post, stop lying.

You deleted the post. That's an edit. Who's lying now?

how about the attitudes of a lot of muslim men in this thread as to if it's Ok to rape your wife?

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?350030-brothers-will-you-force-your-wife&highlight=hit+wife

would you agree that that thread has a very different tone to it than if the same question was asked in after hours for example?

Again with the misrepresentations. There are not 'a lot' of men on that thread advocating rape. The vast majority of posters on that thread are quite clear that rape is wrong. You keep playing this game - and it's neither clever or funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

LOL @ that so-called documentary opening anyone's eyes. For example,

Brown bomber , i should do what other posters do here , and refuse to watch clip claiming bias or propaganda, but i wont , i am open to all sides left and right and hope i can find the middle.

So from that clip it would appear that man may have embellished his life story to further his career,

That does not mean he does not know what he is talking about, and that man is a contributor to a 139min documentary that involves many people, who for me seem do do a good job in helping to explain some of the core believes teaching of islam as well as some interesting history.

In a post where i reposted several videos from around europe of muslim unrest you use another common tactic here " ill comment on 2" conveniently ignoring what you dont want to see.

Yes we all know the majority of islamic muslims living in europe do so in peace at present, and it is a tiny % is extreme.

Well there is 1.8billion muslins in the world , a tiny % of 1.8billion isnt so tiny at all. It is thought 5-10% maybe extreme and that maybe another 5-10% maybe on the fence and may not need much to get off that fence on one side or another.

Europe has a big immigration problem from all walks of life , i do believe that problem needs to be addressed not on a religious basis but on a immigration basis.

Europe needs to decide where it wants to be in 40/50 years because when you now have parts of uk france and sweden and other european countries that have no go areas where nationals fear to go due to mmigration then we have a problem

masonchat wrote: »

In a post where i reposted several videos from around europe of muslim unrest you use another common tactic here " ill comment on 2" conveniently ignoring what you dont want to see.
    First things first. Have you just accidentally admitted to having 2 accounts?

That was gallag who posted those videos...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92373171&postcount=149

First things first. Have you just accidentally admitted to having 2 accounts?

That was gallag who posted those videos...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92373171&postcount=149

yes i know it was gallag who posted those youtube clips , to answer your question no i dont have 2 accounts, i did say i REPOSTED the clips i.e i didnt link them first

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    You deleted the post. That's an edit. Who's lying now?

You are lying
    I never deleted a post!

Brown bomber , i should do what other posters do here , and refuse to watch clip claiming bias or propaganda, but i wont , i am open to all sides left and right and hope i can find the middle.

So from that clip it would appear that man may have embellished his life story to further his career,
    Yes, it does. Now can you explain how demonising Muslims can further anyone's career?
    I can. It is the will of millionaire and billionaire right-wing Christians and Jews that Muslims are demonised and they bankroll this
    Fear, Inc.

The Roots of the Islamophobia Network in America

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/religion/report/2011/08/26/10165/fear-inc/

That does not mean he does not know what he is talking about,
    No, but it means that we cannot trust a word that comes from his lying mouth and you have just conceded that there is a financial reward for doing so.
    and that man is a contributor to a 139min documentary that involves many people, who for me seem do do a good job in helping to explain some of the core believes teaching of islam as well as some interesting history.
    In the same sense that Der Sturmer explains some of the core teachings of Judaism. They are all the same, riding the gravy train of anti-Muslim hate-
    Yes we all know the majority of islamic muslims living in europe do so in peace at present, and it is a tiny % is extreme.

Well there is 1.8billion muslins in the world , a tiny % of 1.8billion isnt so tiny at all. It is thought 5-10% maybe extreme and that maybe another 5-10% maybe on the fence and may not need much to get off that fence on one side or another.
    Thought by who? And if, as in your own description, a tiny % of Muslims are extremists then surely Islam itself can't be the problem?
    Europe needs to decide where it wants to be in 40/50 years because when you now have parts of uk france and sweden and other european countries that have no go areas where nationals fear to go due to mmigration then we have a problem
    Ever been to Compton? And no such place exists in Sweden at least.

You are lying
    I never deleted a post!

So, perhaps you can point me to this unedited post then?:
    Originally Posted by gallag View Post

That's two different things! I never said that the majority of British muslims supported the death penalty for apostates, not once, I did say that the majority of Muslims on the thread http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...h-on-jews-tree were looking forward to killing the Jews and non believers! Please stop mmisquoting me.

Any time you please.

yes i know it was gallag who posted those youtube clips , to answer your question no i dont have 2 accounts, i did say i REPOSTED the clips i.e i didnt link them first
    Fair enough, just thought it was a little suspect.

I'll respond to your point then. The reason I only responded to two of them is because 1) I was actually able to read the Police report that the propaganda was based on (Norwegian is close enough to Swedish to be able to make sense of it) and 2) I was in Sweden at the time of the riots, I followed them on the national news and have spoken to some people involved and to attribute them to Islam when Muslims are something of underclass in Sweden is either highly dishonest or ignorant.

Again with the misrepresentations. There are not 'a lot' of men on that thread advocating rape. The vast majority of posters on that thread are quite clear that rape is wrong. You keep playing this game - and it's neither clever or funny.

There are a lot more men advocating rape in that thread than I would consider normal! would you not agree?

So, perhaps you can point me to this unedited post then?:

No, the mod K9 deleted it.

There are a lot more men advocating rape in that thread than I would consider normal! would you not agree?

I'm waiting for you to admit that you did indeed edit your post, and the presumably, that apology for calling me a liar.

And again - you stated that a lot of people on that thread excused or advocated rape. Care to admit that this isn't the case either?

I'm waiting for you to admit that you did indeed edit your post, and the presumably, that apology for calling me a liar.

And again - you stated that a lot of people on that thread excused or advocated rape. Care to admit that this isn't the case either?

will you now please apologise to me?

There are a lot of people in that thread advocating rape or at least saying it's not really the woman's choice, would you agree that if I posed the same question on boards the tone would be very different? why is that? when I am not on my phone I will single out every post on that thread and ask you why you were not offended by them!

will you now please apologise to me?
    For what? If a mod deleted your post, you were well aware of that, when called on your edited post, and could have just said so.
    There are a lot of people in that thread advocating rape or at least saying it's not really the woman's choice,
    You keep doing this. NO THERE ARE NOT.

would you agree that if I posed the same question on boards the tone would be very different? why is that? when I am not on my phone I will single out every post on that thread and ask you why you were not offended by them!
    Try totting up the numbers while you're there.

In fact ill do it now.

A uses called fuse poses the question

"I want to ask brothers here if they will force their wives to get intimate when shes not in a mood or to have children when she doesnt want them early? Do u think a woman has a say in when she wants to start a family?"

any sane minded person would not need to ask that ffs!!!

second reply by user slave4akeira

"unless your planning to store the baby in your non existant womb without her knowledge, i think she has a say in the matter  
    regarding intimacy, thats differemt, she has to go to him when he wants but again there is more behind this ie if she is unwell etc then she can refuse but he should be understanding also"

SHE HAS TO GO WITH HIM WTF, I SUPPOSE YOU CONSIDER THIS ONE OF THE NORMAL REPLYS?

3rd reply by user bismil

"We see from the above hadeeth that a wife should not avoid intimacy without any genuine excuse , because a women would be satisfying himself in a halal way. On the other hand hadeeth also indicates that if a women does not we should not force her. 

Prophet Muhammad ( pbuh ) did not say that in such case you force yourself."

NOT EXACTLY AN ELIGHTEND ATTITUDE BUT I GRANT YOU NOT ONE OF THE WORST!

4th reply by ni a lack

islamically neither partner can stop the other having children when they want too.

IS THAT A YES TO THE QUESTION THEN WTF? EVEN SADDER THIS IS A WOMAN!!

then tabari says

Mood? Irrelevant 
    Illness? no

There was just a thread on here with a hadith saying not being intimate severely weakens the marriage.

SCARY ****!

next abumabarik says

"i was thinking this

who would ask such a question?

what i do, or what you do, or what anyone does with their wives is between them and their wives, NOT to be discussed in public

it is inappropriate for a man to force himself on his wife
    it is haram for a wife to refuse her husband"

AGAIN THE WIFE HAS NO RIGHT TO REFUSE OR ALLAH WILL SMITH HER, STILL ALL NORMAL TO YOU? SURE ACCORDING TO THIS GENTEL MAN RAPE IS "INAPPROPRIATE"

(at this point a voice of reason interjects

""inappropriate", lol. Such sweet words have never been uttered before

And despite the private connotation,, it is still a general question, which denotes a certain mentality. Of which im not surprised"

but she gets ganged up on and told to go fight for women who are not allowed to wear a burka!!)

another woman then posts

"
    Why do you care or what buisness is it of yours or anyone here what a couple does in their bedrooms? Its disgusting how strangers want to know who what or why of intimate details of what goes on in someone elses bed."

WHAT A STRANGE REPLYS TO THE QUESTION "CAN I RAPE MY WIFE"

Am not even through the first page here and it gets worse but I am busy for a while, I will edit this post later but it should give the people who seen no wrong the chance to explain their position?

aisha a lady weights

"You cant rape your wife."

STILL ON THE FIRST PAGE OF NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS!

• Advertisement

Unless you'd rather I quoted the vast majority of posts in that thread - care to provide a total number of offending posts vs those that oppose any legitimacy for rape? And then explain how that's 'a lot' of posters in that thread holding those views?

And, again - can you please get to grips with quoting? Your posts are a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

There seems to have been a major thread drift. For those worrying about how muslims view others that aren't muslim, well here's a verse of the quran.

“ … If anyone slew a person unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land it would be as if he slew the whole humanity: and if anyone saved a life it would be as if he saved the life of the whole humanity.” (5:32)

Life - in all forms - is one of the most valued things in Islam, even in times of war Muslims are bound by certain rules, you're not even allowed to harm a tree, all hostages are to be treated with respect (harming them is a major sin !), we are also taught to be tolerant of others.

“…There is no compulsion in religion…” (Quran 2:256)

“To you be your religion, to me be mine.” (Quran 109:6)

We are also repeatedly told throughout the Quran of how close we are to the Christians and Jews, our holiest prophets were of the Jewish people (Moses, Jesus, David, Solomon etc).

Anyone who thinks as a muslim they are to kill non-believers, is either naive, ignorant, or is using Islam as a cover up for their own evil agenda. To those watching the horrors currently being committed by ISIS and thinking we're all the same, just remember there are just under 1.5 Billion Muslims in this world, and ISIS is made up of naive young people brainwashed by ignorant people who claim to know everything about islam when the fact is they know nothing.

Just as an example. The ISIS 'leader' Baghdadi was filmed wearing a watch made of gold. Considering it is forbidden for men to wear gold in Islam I think it's a bit silly taking what he says and commands as true Islam. These people are clueless and take quranic verses out of context to suit their own agendas in killing innocent people !!!!!

Apologies for drifting the thread even further but I got a sense people on here actually think 'radical' terrorists were true reps of Islam.

In the interests of fairness and to counter your argument I think it is fair to take the first 3 links.

And also point out that anything from ummah.com needs to be taken with a pinch of salt as non-Muslims pose as Muslims to create the illusion of their extremist beliefs.
    Complainant Name:
    Ummah.com
    Clauses Noted: 1
    Publication: The Sun
    Complaint:

A representative of www.ummah.com complained that an article had inaccurately suggested that the website was a forum for Islamic extremists. The story was based largely on the views of a ‘terror expert' named Glen Jenvey who expressed serious concerns about the website. The piece quoted a number of comments posted on ummah.com and suggested that extremists were seeking to ‘target' well-known British Jews. The complainant said that Mr Jenvey's claims were unfounded and that there was, in fact, some evidence that he himself had posted the quoted comments in order to create the story.

Resolution:

The PCC's investigation, launched in January 2009, had to be placed on hold for a period of time because of a concurrent, related legal action. However, on 13 September, Glen Jenvey confessed publicly that he had, indeed, posted the comments on ummah.com which became the basis for the Sun's story. He admitted having deceived various media outlets, individuals and organisations. Mr Jenvey's confession was reported by the Sun on 15 September. In light of this development, the PCC re-opened its enquiries into the complaint from the representative of ummah.com. The complaint was resolved on 23 September when the Sun published the following apology under the heading ‘Ummah.com':

OUR story on January 7 about a ‘hit list' of top British Jews on the website Ummah.com was based on claims by Glen Jenvey who last week confessed to duping several newspapers and Tory MP Patrick Mercer by fabricating stories about Islamic fundamentalism. Following Mr Jenvey's confession, we apologise to Ummah.com for the article which we now accept was inaccurate.

The apology also appeared on the Sun's website.
    http://www.pcc.org.uk/news/index.html?article=NTk0MQ==
    British Muslims Declare They Will Never Integ…: http://youtu.be/bOJeaoZOC5s
    The actual title of the video is "3 British Muslims Declare They Will Never Integrate". The willful editing of the title and they actual title should tell you everything you need to know about the significance of the video and the motive of the editor.

In any case, it is Choudary's rabble, who have no grass roots support and are certainly not spokesmen for British Muslims.
    Merkel says German multicultural society has failed http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11559451
    This is irrelevant.
    The Horrific Muslim Infiltration Of Britain - Lut…: http://youtu.be/psZBaJU_Cvo
    Scaremongering titles aside this is what actually happened.
    Around 80 people protested outside Luton Police Station against the ‘mistreatment of Muslims by British police and the Government in the war against terror’ on Friday.
    Men, women and children from the ‘Muslims Against Crusades’ group walked from Bury Park to the station in Buxton Road.
    The peaceful demonstration, which police said ‘did not have the support of the wider Muslim community’, lasted around an hour.

Police inquiries continue.” Beds’ Police Chief Superintendent Mike Colbourne said: “The protest did not have the support of the wider Muslim community and I am pleased that Luton has largely ignored what has gone on and seen it for what it is.
    Read more at http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/Muslims-protest-policemistreatment/story-21697681-detail/story.html#VzsihLrYFZ5rqjof.99

Again it was Choudary's mob, who I am not convinced is legit, he is certainly a useful strawman and gets extraordinarily disproportionate media coverage.

Unless you'd rather I quoted the vast majority of posts in that thread - care to provide a total number of offending posts vs those that oppose any legitimacy for rape? And then explain how that's 'a lot' of posters in that thread holding those views?

And, again - can you please get to grips with quoting? Your posts are a mess.

How can you say there is not lots of sick views on that thread when I just posted so many on the first page?? I am flabbergasted! its right there in black and white ffs! I just don't get it? You just seem so determine to excuse what is obvious, there must be roughly half the posts in that thread that are unsettling and counter to western beliefs.

I seem to be constantly answering your questions, could you oblige me?
    Do you find a large amount of posts in that thread disturbing and would you agree that if the same question was posed on this forum every single post would shout the op down, why is that?

How can you say there is not lots of sick views on that thread when I just posted so many on the first page?? I am flabbergasted! its right there in black and white ffs! I just don't get it? You just seem so determine to excuse what is obvious, there must be roughly half the posts in that thread that are unsettling and counter to western beliefs.

I seem to be constantly answering your questions, could you oblige me?
    Do you find a large amount of posts in that thread disturbing and would you agree that if the same question was posed on this forum every single post would shout the op down, why is that?

Still not prepared to post up the numbers? (clue - there's nowhere near half of that thread advocating rape, or excusing it).

180 posts in that thread - how many fall into the for/excusing rape camp?

Yes, it does. Now can you explain how demonising Muslims can further anyone's career?

(i never said demonising muslims would further his career, but that embellishing his involvement might make his view more respected)

i can. It is the will of millionaire and billionaire right-wing Christians and Jews that Muslims are demonised and they bankroll this
    Fear, Inc.

The Roots of the Islamophobia Network in America

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/religion/report/2011/08/26/10165/fear-inc/

No, but it means that we cannot trust a word that comes from his lying mouth and you have just conceded that there is a financial reward for doing so.

( if this is so then we really can never believe a word that comes out of anyones mouth)

In the same sense that Der Sturmer explains some of the core teachings of Judaism. They are all the same, riding the gravy train of anti-Muslim hate-

Thought by who? And if, as in your own description, a tiny % of Muslims are extremists then surely Islam itself can't be the problem?

( i was being modest here actually the british and american intelligence are under the impression it COULD be higher, i wouldnt think so myself but what do i know. And you seem to completely ignore the fact that any % of 1.8billion is a considerable amount)

Ever been to Compton? And no such place exists in Sweden at least.

I am not any kind of expert on ANY of this and i dont claim to be.

If i post a link to a video or a news report , i may or maynot agree 100% with all its content , personally i assume that every report is slightly/hugely ? biased one way or another , or trying to push someones view point

If i was to say you are 100% wrong then i am wrong, if i said i am 100% right , i am wrong the truth certainly is not black and white or one sided, so all i or anyone else can do is be open to all the evidence on both sides draw the best conclusion we can.

At the moment im of the opinion that we have an immigration problem in europe that will eventually lead to civil unrest/civil war in europe maybe not next year or next decade but i see it getting very ugly across europe in my lifetime

A point im trying to make about the % of extemeists is ,currently that % means small numbers in europe , fast forward 50 years with the populations reaching more parity then that % of extremeists = much bigger numbers= much bigger problems, it seems all to easy to say , ah its only a small % of extremeists causing the trouble, well they seem to be able to cause enough trouble in the middle east , is that what we want here one day ?

EDIT sorry i cant work this forum , in barckets in the quote are my replies

Still not prepared to post up the numbers? (clue - there's nowhere near half of that thread advocating rape, or excusing it).

180 posts in that thread - how many fall into the for/excusing rape camp?

Ok, when I get home I will work out the exact numbers, could you answer my qquestions?

Ok, when I get home I will work out the exact numbers, could you answer my qquestions?

I'm not sure how many ways it can be said - there is no 'large' number of posts in that thread, or forum, that are disturbing. There's a SMALL MINORITY of posts that are objectionable. And it's a religious forum - unlike Boards. If you directed me to a Catholic forum, I'd fully expect to find a minority of reactionaries there too. As Nodin (I think) said - you went looking for a particular narrative to suit your agenda. Try meeting some muslims socially and see how that works out for you. Far better than stirring up a minority of idiotic posts on the interwebs.

I'm not sure how many ways it can be said - there is no 'large' number of posts in that thread, or forum, that are disturbing. There's a SMALL MINORITY of posts that are objectionable. And it's a religious forum - unlike Boards. If you directed me to a Catholic forum, I'd fully expect to find a minority of reactionaries there too. As Nodin (I think) said - you went looking for a particular narrative to suit your agenda. Try meeting some muslims socially and see how that works out for you. Far better than stirring up a minority of idiotic posts on the interwebs.

So what about all the posts I highlighted? would you agree they were unpalatable? and they certainly were enough of them to class as a large amount, unless you thought they were not unpalatable? how do you explain this, I mean everyone can see them, it's there in black and white, and yes please show me a Catholic forum with so many, or even one post so accepting of rape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Dr Selim's proposals are:

1. Islamic Holidays to be marked and celebrated
    2. Special days off for Muslim children
    3. Schools to actively participate in Ramadan by raising funds for "the needy"
    4. A ban on raffles as a method of fund raising as they are "strictly forbidden" in Islam
    5. "Crucial" changes to Relationships and Sexuality Education curriculum to exclude reference to or attempted normalization of pre-marital relationships
    6. Exemptions and radical change to PE to ensure female only teachers and a ban on male staff accessing areas where girls might be taking lessons
    7. All music to exclude any instruments that makes a note ("tunable instruments")
    8. School Plays to forbid any physical contact between boys and girls and a ban on gender role reversals

1. Marked, I don't mind. Celebrated, no. Only Muslims should actually celebrate Islamic holidays. To the rest of us ... see my response to point 2.
    2. Definitely not. All children should get the same days off. Don't get me wrong; I would have no great objection to incorporating special Islamic days as "days off", but then EVERYBODY gets the day off. And while to Muslims those days may be some sort of special days of "obligation" (or whatever the equivalent Islamic term is), to the rest of us they're just days off for no good reason, for us to do with as we please. Just like Christmas and Easter are right now for us, Atheists.
    3. Go away out of that. Again, I would have no objection to schools organising fundraisers for the needy, but kindly refrain from involving religion in the practice. As you may have guessed, I'm no huge fan of Trocaire either.
    4. If anything is "strictly forbidden" by your religion, by all means feel free to refuse participating. Don't tell others what they can't do. And that goes for you, Catholics, too.

With regard to points 5 to 8, I don't think these should even be dignified with a response, other than to refer to point 4 if and how appropriate.

Advertisement