Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Allyall wrote: »
    If that box has the correct motherboard (Gref18), it's an excellent box.................................................For my money The price + The stability (With the correct firmware) this box is one of the best out there.
    Available for €36 delivered and ~ €45 fast delivery.
    Including VAT it won't be more than €50.

Hi Allyall, I assume you meant G18REF motherboard ? I've looked at getting one of these to play around with just for Linux XBMC on them but couldn't find any at the prices you are quoting would you have a link ?

I've just received two more of my excellent Beelink S82B/Tronsmart Vega Elite and and going to try the beta Linux rom at some stage. If I could get a G18REF device at that €36 delivered I'd buy one just to compare the performance of the stable Linux rom for G18REF against the beta rom for the S82B

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Are you trying to get a very informative thread closed?

What XBMC are you running on your M8?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Hi Allyall, I assume you meant G18REF motherboard ? I've looked at getting one of these to play around with just for Linux XBMC on them but couldn't find any at the prices you are quoting would you have a link ?

I've just received two more of my excellent Beelink S82B/Tronsmart Vega Elite and and going to try the beta Linux rom at some stage. If I could get a G18REF device at that €36 delivered I'd buy one just to compare the performance of the stable Linux rom for G18REF against the beta rom for the S82B

Yep, I did indeed... :) Not sure what time it was, but it was late when I wrote that.
    €36 delivered fluctuates, as Aliexpress/most Chinese sites use US$ as their base currency.

The seller I was actually referring to was this seller
    and using current exchange rates, it works out at €38.80. Also they seem to have stopped offering Free delivery, although I'd imagine you can still get it elsewhere.

These offer Free sheeping :pac:
    Free sheeping MX tv box XBMC fully loaded Android

I'd say if you go to Shenzhen Tomato and ask them, they might give you a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Yep, I did indeed... :) Not sure what time it was, but it was late when I wrote that.
    €36 delivered fluctuates, as Aliexpress/most Chinese sites use US$ as their base currency.

and using current exchange rates, it works out at €38.80. Also they seem to have stopped offering Free delivery, although I'd imagine you can still get it elsewhere.

I'd say if you go to Shenzhen Tomato and ask them, they might give you a decent price.

Atr

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Are alixpress ok to deal with? Think I go with the first one you linked

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

dahat wrote: »
    What XBMC are you running on your M8?

Frodo 12.3

I only got it last week, so ain't had a chance to fire it up yet. Been too busy at work.

Hopefully ill get the live TV working on it this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Is anyone who is using vDubTV , his set up for live TV, is anyone EPG not working ?

My channels are work fine but the TV guide doesn't show up. It did work for a while and it was cool.

Frodo 12.3

I only got it last week, so ain't had a chance to fire it up yet. Been too busy at work.

Hopefully ill get the live TV working on it this weekend.

No bother, just curious what came on it.

You bought yours fully loaded though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

CinSoots wrote: »
    No they're not. You can watch plenty of legal streams like BBC, RTE etc.

You're confusing free to air with legal. RTE is free to receive but RTE have not given permission for their content to be re broadcast hence apps broadcasting "free" content are still in breach licensing laws.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

No bother, just curious what came on it.

You bought yours fully loaded though?

It came with xbmc installed but I had to put on all the "add ons" myself.

Nice little remote with it as well, compared to the one that came with the MX2 boxes. Which were slow and unresponsive.

• Advertisement

It came with xbmc installed but I had to put on all the "add ons" myself.

Nice little remote with it as well, compared to the one that came with the MX2 boxes. Which were slow and unresponsive.

Wondered about the remote as I was set to get the Yatse remote plug in for my phone. It is expensive but supposed to be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭Invincible

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Is anyone who is using vDubTV , his set up for live TV, is anyone EPG not working ?

My channels are work fine but the TV guide doesn't show up. It did work for a while and it was cool.

I have the same, last updated on 18/9/14 going by date at top of where EPG was.
    PVR manager can be seen updating in top right corner upon start up. Running 12.3 Frodo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Invincible wrote: »
    PVR manager can be seen updating in top right corner upon start up. Running 12.3 Frodo

The EPG link changed a few days ago, check his video again and it has updated link...

Just an FYI, the link he uses gets updated at different times, so if it stops working then maybe just check his website and see if link has changed

Add a 2 to the EPG guide URL and your sorted,just did mine there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Trying to watch the Sopranos season 1 on iStream and it's a bit if a disaster, dead link after dead link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

threein99 wrote: »
    Trying to watch the Sopranos season 1 on iStream and it's a bit if a disaster, dead link after dead link
    use genesis

massy086 wrote: »
    use genesis

Is that an add on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

threein99 wrote: »
    Is that an add on?

yes but can't say much more sorry. goodie is your friend😊

yes but can't say much more sorry. goodie is your friend😊

I've installed it, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

use genesis

Jay$us, that add on looks the biz. I need to update the FW on my box but will be adding Genesis straight off. Looks like it does it all in one add on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

BenEadir wrote: »
    Jay$us, that add on looks the biz. I need to update the FW on my box but will be adding Genesis straight off. Looks like it does it all in one add on!!
    It's a content aggregator. Do you remember Waldo? (I think it's discontinued now)
    Genesis and Lazarus are similar. I presume a play on words, but there are three Lazarus'.

Anyway, they beat the hell out of searching manually..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭DenMan

I found this a brilliant video tutorial. It allows you to install total installer on XBMC. Well done to him for explaining to us how to do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqz5vpA4rQU&list=UUWM6C2mZAhTAOVUi3tDWeCw

DenMan wrote: »
    I found this a brilliant video tutorial. It allows you to install total installer on XBMC. Well done to him for explaining to us how to do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqz5vpA4rQU&list=UUWM6C2mZAhTAOVUi3tDWeCw

Is this any better than the Fusion installer or are they much the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭DenMan

Is this any better than the Fusion installer or are they much the same?

Being honest I don't know. I don't use Fusion that much. Hopefully somebody else will be able to answer your question. I find Total Installer brilliant myself.

DenMan wrote: »
    Being honest I don't know. I don't use Fusion that much. Hopefully somebody else will be able to answer your question. I find Total Installer brilliant myself.

Looks to be basic and simple to navigate.

Looks to be basic and simple to navigate.

There is lots of these, really you need to try them out and see which one suits you. I like the XBMChub and then build on top of it.

In regards to Genesis it seems to be XBMChub version of iStream. Very buggy from what I can see, I have had 4-5 crash's already

If looking at Genesis you can also try iStream as mentioned above. It has been around ages and very solid....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭Invincible

Add a 2 to the EPG guide URL and your sorted,just did mine there.

Got to it last night, it already had the 2 in the URL, so deleted it and added the 1, it was very slow to update the EPG, so I deleted 1 and inserted 2 again, it then updated EPG to 28/9/14 and had all channels up to date, strange how it reset with same URL :confused:

Got to it last night, it already had the 2 in the URL, so deleted it and added the 1, it was very slow to update the EPG, so I deleted 1 and inserted 2 again, it then updated EPG to 28/9/14 and had all channels up to date, strange how it reset with same URL :confused:

Sometimes it is worth just going to setting and then Live TV, Where it has Enabled, turn it off and then back on.....helps fix that issue

The live TV pack by Vdubt25 is now under his playlist in Istream as well for those who don't have the client installed yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

With regards to live tv, does anyone find XBMC to be better at this than the likes of the FilmOn app? I was happy with FilmOn for a long time but its gone really bad lately, horrible interface aswell.

How is the Irish live tv streaming on XBMC these days?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement