Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Finals tickets thread (buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 crashbangwollop

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Im doing the same Sunday morning. If you hear of any spare tomorrow feel free to pass on a PM :P

I will indeed. Likewise!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jackireland

I have never seen tickets as scarce, lots of single ones being got which are not id3al, but id take any at this stage...take it that it will only be inflated prices around croker on sunday? Where would the best be to try to get ones on sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭agfasfos

Where did she source them? I'll be wandering the streets around Croker tomorrow and Sunday morning...

Someone through work had friend who had feelers out for 1 ticket & ended up being offered 2 from different sources, well worth a trip to Dublin, putting the word out in local pubs etc, worked for me more than once, best of luck in the hunt, hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

One ticket needed for my elderly father who missed 2012 due to ill health. A seated ticket would leave him a very happy man. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

From today on wards a lot of tickets will become available as people will have multiple tickets and need to get rid of them. I also think some people are holding on to spare tickets and hoping to make a killing on them. But I'm confident come Sunday tickets will be available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 crashbangwollop

agfasfos wrote: »
    Someone through work had friend who had feelers out for 1 ticket & ended up being offered 2 from different sources, well worth a trip to Dublin, putting the word out in local pubs etc, worked for me more than once, best of luck in the hunt, hope you get sorted.

Thanks, me too! Let me know if you hear of any going. Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Some people charging 400-600 for two, genuinely sickening. Never charged anybody more than face value for tickets in my life - hope people get sorted and don't end up getting extorted by <snip> with no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭agfasfos

Thanks, me too! Let me know if you hear of any going. Fingers crossed!

Will do, in Dublin tomorrow on business will be keeping eyes & ears open.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Thumbelina 29

I know, I should have copped on, but I was desperate ; (

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Laughable what some people are charging on gumtree. 90% of them seem to be from Donegal too, which is disheartening given that they're seeing firsthand how desperate people are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Laughable what some people are charging on gumtree. 90% of them seem to be from Donegal too, which is disheartening given that they're seeing firsthand how desperate people are

I don't really think any particular county is worse than another with regards touting. Ebay was full of tickets going in Dublin 250 a pop. Sure wasn't it a Kerryman on here charged someone over the odds for a ticket he never sent?

That being said. I've a particular love of Kerrymen in the last 5 mins :P Me dad may have got us sorted through Kerry relatives of his. Sitting Somewhere in the Hogan (Can't say this love of all things Kerry will persist depending on the result Sunday) But I'm absolutely delighted. I'll still be going to Dublin early Sunday so if anyone is looking and around I can keep an eye out for ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

I don't really think any particular county is worse than another with regards touting. Ebay was full of tickets going in Dublin 250 a pop. Sure wasn't it a Kerryman on here charged someone over the odds for a ticket he never sent?

That being said. I've a particular love of Kerrymen in the last 5 mins :P Me dad may have got us sorted through Kerry relatives of his. Sitting Somewhere in the Hogan (Can't say this love of all things Kerry will persist depending on the result Sunday) But I'm absolutely delighted. I'll still be going to Dublin early Sunday so if anyone is looking and around I can keep an eye out for ye!

Well done Timmy. Delighted for ya. I also got sorted for tickets tonight. Like buses two came along at once but I'm happy to be looking forward to singing in the hill Sunday. Best of luck to anyone still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bobbles88

Anyone with a spare Hill 16 ticket?? The gf has one(she's from Kerry) and is absolutely heartbroken we can't get a second one! Won't go on her own for obvious reasons.. We would even buy 2 tickets for Cusack or any other stand if they were together! Absolutely sick of ringing bogus ads on gumtree! Will collect anywhere in the country and pay cash on collection! Please help! 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Smcen

Hi, here goes nothing! I have two upper stand tickets (together) looking to swap for one premium level ticket???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Gumtree today seems to have donegal people offloading at face value or close to it, maybe woth the worry that they could be stuck with them, while theres still a few from round the country selling at extortionate rates.

Im in dublin and dont have any yet, gonna take my chances tmoro morning/afternoon around drumcondra. Not overpaying and if i get in i get in, if not then ill have a great time watching it in the pub.

Dun na nGall abu!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

retalivity wrote: »
    Gumtree today seems to have donegal people offloading at face value or close to it, maybe woth the worry that they could be stuck with them, while theres still a few from round the country selling at extortionate rates.

Im in dublin and dont have any yet, gonna take my chances tmoro morning/afternoon around drumcondra. Not overpaying and if i get in i get in, if not then ill have a great time watching it in the pub.

Dun na nGall abu!!

What about trying the Kilmacud 7s tournament thats on today,that always get a mention down here if anyone is travelling up the day before without a ticket.

Bobbles88 wrote: »
    Anyone with a spare Hill 16 ticket?? The gf has one(she's from Kerry) and is absolutely heartbroken we can't get a second one! Won't go on her own for obvious reasons.. We would even buy 2 tickets for Cusack or any other stand if they were together! Absolutely sick of ringing bogus ads on gumtree! Will collect anywhere in the country and pay cash on collection! Please help! 😢

If ye're based in Donegal This ad

is selling 2 Hill tix face value. Ad went up 20 mins ago. Be quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

If ye're based in Donegal This ad

is selling 2 Hill tix face value. Ad went up 20 mins ago. Be quick!

Goes straight to mailbox which surprisingly is full.

Goes straight to mailbox which surprisingly is full.

Shoite. Ah well. There will come fake ads withthe real ones. Theres a few lads selling hill tix for 80 if yer desperate. Tis a shame but might have to consider paying OTO for tix at this stage :/

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭coleen

I have 2 lower corner cusack and would swap for 2 upper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bobbles88

Thanks I'm In limerick but would have travelled to Donegal for a ticket... Disconnected tone from the number on the ad as with most of the donegal ads on gum tree...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

What about trying the Kilmacud 7s tournament thats on today,that always get a mention down here if anyone is travelling up the day before without a ticket.

Have plans today out the other end of the city, will not get out to stillorgane. I was more worried eaelier about getting a few as the parents didnt have any but they are now sorted, so its just myself and herself left and im happy to see what happens tmoro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

what the key things to look out for tomorrow to make sure people aren't pedalling fakes

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Thumbelina 29

Hi does anyone know if there is an age limit on wntry to the hill. I have a12 year old with hill ticket. He will be with an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hi does anyone know if there is an age limit on wntry to the hill. I have a12 year old with hill ticket. He will be with an adult.

Id say he should be fine,get in early though and get up as far up the terrace as ye can so he will be able to get a good view of the game.

Anyone with a spare train ticket for tomorrow? Killarney return please. I've a friend who's stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jackireland

Im Still looking for at least one ticket, can collect in dublin tomorrow or donegal today pm me thanks

I have a nally ticket for tomorrow. I will possibly also have a hill ticket. If I end up getting the hill I will be selling the nally. Face value. First person to PM their number gets it. I am collecting tickets tomorrow about 1pm. Soon as I have them, IF I get two. I will ring you.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Conelan

No limit, had my son at the hurling. Tip- get there early enough to get to a barrier. Just another idea I had and might help your child enjoy the day even more; put a plastic step into a rucksack and took it with us. Was an old rucksack so didn't even take out the step, just let him stand on it for the match. Worked a treat!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

If anyone has 2 spare tickets at face value for the hurling replay please PM. Can collect in Dublin city. Cheers

Advertisement