Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Anyone looking for Masterpiece Grimlock, should check out ToysRus.co.uk.. Right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I can't justify £100 right now and I prefer the Takara version anyway.

its a lot for sure, but you cant get it cheaper can you?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

If you're lucky and persistent, you may get the original Hasbro version for about the same price. It's probably better made on average.

Cheaper than 100 euro? Not these days, unless the person selling it doesn't understand what they have, or it's a fixer upper.

There's a Takara one listed on Adverts at the moment for 250 if anyone is feeling impatient.

I got one off ToysRus it will do me, shipped and all last night! Have Wheeljack should be arriving from kapow next week too.

• Advertisement

Rumours abound that Tracks has been put back so they can bring Sunstreaker forward to take the wind out of the 3P version from Omnigonix.

Large doses of salt etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking one of the MP lines is readily available in Toys R Us in the States?

I'm in New York in a couple of weeks time....

Whereabouts? If you'll be in Queens you can go to the one off Northern Blvd [I used to frequent there a lot when I lived in NY] and there's plenty throughout NYC. Avoid Times Square. Its visually impressive and it is massive but its a definite "tourist trap" when it comes to prices. You'll be able to find what you're looking for less in any other NYC location.

Btw. Their website shows Prowl and Sunstorm. Obviously each store will vary.

They're re-releasing MP-05 Megatron as the 30th Anniversary Exclusive.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11976&mode=retail

A new one to be in scale with MP-10 Prime would be nice though.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They're re-releasing MP-05 Megatron as the 30th Anniversary Exclusive.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11976&mode=retail

A new one to be in scale with MP-10 Prime would be nice though.

5th release of this mold?

6th??

I can't remember anymore.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    5th release of this mold?

6th??

I can't remember anymore.

Yeah its definitely had its share or re-releases. That's why thought a scaled down Megatron to match MP-10 Prime would have been better.

• Advertisement

Masterpiece Grimlock is on TRU UK for 70GBP... which is not too awful considering it's about the same price as the US, or maybe even a little cheaper?

Although you still get the lighter plastic...

Yeah its definitely had its share or re-releases. That's why thought a scaled down Megatron to match MP-10 Prime would have been better.

After TT did the 'last shot' thing with MP1 then announced MP10 five minutes later, people seem to think a smaller Megatron is coming.

It's kinda funny they're making a big deal over the chrome when they've done a pretty good job avoiding chrome in the Masterpiece line for the last
    couple of years.

There are claims it will be MP25. But this is coming from someone i've never seen be right before, so skeptical.

wernstrom! wrote: »

After TT did the 'last shot' thing with MP1 then announced MP10 five minutes later, people seem to think a smaller Megatron is coming.

It's kinda funny they're making a big deal over the chrome when they've done a pretty good job avoiding chrome in the Masterpiece line for the last
    couple of years.

There are claims it will be MP25. But this is coming from someone i've never seen be right before, so skeptical.

I hope we do get a new Megatron. Or atleast Galvatron. That one is long over due with Rodimus being out and Magnus coming.

We're getting an MP-11 repaint as Mp-11 SW Skywarp. I'm guessing Thundercracker won't be far behind.

http://tformers.com/new-hasbro-asia-exclusives-announced-mp-11sw-skywarp-and-human-alliance-barricadesoundwave-2-pack/25022/news.html

Hasbro Asia reissue of Hasbro MP10 Optimus is out. The pricing is actually quite decent all things considered. You might have to do a bit of research to find one tho... Kapow seem to be all sold out.

Although they may have more stock when it actually arrives to them (?)

We're getting an MP-11 repaint as Mp-11 SW Skywarp. I'm guessing Thundercracker won't be far behind.

http://tformers.com/new-hasbro-asia-exclusives-announced-mp-11sw-skywarp-and-human-alliance-barricadesoundwave-2-pack/25022/news.html

People are fairly irked at the price tag. Takara's pricing on the orignal seeker mold in 2006 was already a little grabby. Never mind multiple successive pirce hikes.

But yes, i do plan to buy the bloody thing anyway.

The thing is there's already a Thundercracker from the Mp11 mold. Even if it does take the deco from the Generations version... Then there's a Legends Thundercracker out early next year, and a Leader Class one which is a retool of Generations Jetfire.

Yes, i know. Masterpiece and Generations aren't the same line, but all those factors together are going to make them at least wait, or not proceed at all. I think.

I hope we do get a new Megatron. Or atleast Galvatron. That one is long over due with Rodimus being out and Magnus coming.

I trust you've seen X-Transbots Apollyon by now? I'm not sure about that one yet...X-Tranbots products seem to receive mixed reviews.
    At this rate, there'll be a 3P masterpieceish Galvatron out before a 'real' one too.

There's other Masterpiece-ish (3p) things coming too for people who've been not keeping tracking.

-Junkions
    -Scourge
    -Mirage
    -Astrotrain

And there's that Omnigonix attempt at Sunstreaker as well..but that's been generally known about for a while, as well as a Blaster or two.

All-in-all i would say TT have had some of the wind taken out of their sails.
    Some of this is due soon too...... There's so many companies and so many releases touted now, i'm staring to loose track.

Lads should I enter Parcel Connect's address as my billing address as well as my delivery address on TRU? They won't throw a wobbly will they?

:edit: Fuk it...my order got cancelled and when I went to re-order with my actual billing address Grimlock is no longer available for home delivery...FML.

Grimlock is available for home (UK address only?) delivery again.

I used parcel motel for it. Got Bumblee yesterday, they could have done with painting a face on spike

keithgeo wrote: »
    I used parcel motel for it. Got Bumblee yesterday, they could have done with painting a face on spike

They could've done without Spike full stop. Checked it for defects, then back in the box forever with it.

Big discounts on Grimlock and Sunstorm on TRU UK.

oh man i cant believe i bought grimlock off there when it first went up.. im sick looking at that price! Sunstorm too. they wont ship grimlock though..

• Advertisement

Can someone who has been watching things for a while tell me how likely it is that either Omegalock or TRU will get Soundwave and/or Prowl in soon? Do they come in and out of stock quite regularly?

I found Prowl from a reliable eBay seller (people4toy) so can't decide whether to risk custom duties or not!

Can someone who has been watching things for a while tell me how likely it is that either Omegalock or TRU will get Soundwave and/or Prowl in soon? Do they come in and out of stock quite regularly?

I found Prowl from a reliable eBay seller (people4toy) so can't decide whether to risk custom duties or not!

Unlikely toysrus will get those. Try kapowtoys.co. Uk

I haven't seen Soundwave on there in over a year and Prowl for toysrus was cancelled I believe.

Oh ok guess I'll give up on TRU then. I saw that the Takara versions of Soundwave and Prowl are on kapowtoys.co.uk but they're out of stock. Same on omegalock and masterforce. Probably to be expected at this time of year I suppose.

Not sure whether I should get the Takara Soundwave or watch eBay for the Hasbro one with the five cassettes! Decisions, decisions!

I missed soundwave when it was first out too, got lucky and actually got it off a guy on adverts!

I just got an email saying Masterpiece Ultra Magnus i bought off kapow has just shipped!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

I'm after getting MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat as a surprise present. Very very happy with it as I actually prefer Soundblaster's colour scheme and liked the Headmaster series.
    I wouldn't call it a substitute if you are looking for a Takara Soundwave, but with that being said my urge for Soundwave has now faded dramatically now that I have Soundblaster. Plus places like Kapow have them in stock.
    I still do want some more cassettes though. Can you get Lazerbeak separately? I know you can get most of the others, just never saw Lazerbeak.

Whammy! wrote: »
    Can you get Lazerbeak separately? I know you can get most of the others, just never saw Lazerbeak.

eBay.

Occasionally you'll find someone who broke the set up, or a Chinese vendor that has a few 'factory overrun' items that came into their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

I had to share this when I saw it.
    Ultra Magnus Masterpiece stop motion video by TakaraTomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

That is quite fun!

keithgeo wrote: »
    I just got an email saying Masterpiece Ultra Magnus i bought off kapow has just shipped!

I'd be interested to hear your feedback on Ultra Magnus mate.....he just looks a bit too big and chunky for my liking. Don't know what it is about him... I just can't put my finger on it...

• Advertisement

Will let you know, it's been sitting in parcel motel depot since the 24th. Still waiting for them to stick it in a locker.

Advertisement