Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

I tried googling the actors name a while ago but saw no such film

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Nope, but it wouldn't surprise me with Neeson who was once a well respected actor and is now a joke who will put his name to any old muck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Not2Good wrote: »
    Somebody told me that there was a remake of 'The Exorcist' based on the alleged possession that the 1970's classic (?) was based upon ie it was a young boy who allegedly was possessed. I heard it was Liam Neelson who played the priest. Can anyone tell me if there was such a remake? Thanks

He might have been thinking of Possessed with Timothy Dalton. It's a TV movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'd say he's thinking of Exorcist: The Beginning starring Stellan Skarsgard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Thanks everyone. Ill check those out to see if they tie in with what my friend was saying. Id say that one of the above is what he was talking about (without Liam!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I'd say he's thinking of Exorcist: The Beginning starring Stellan Skarsgard
    Not2Good wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Ill check those out to see if they tie in with what my friend was saying. Id say that one of the above is what he was talking about (without Liam!)

Just to note there are two versions of this movie if you go looking

They shot the entire movie, the studio hated and ordered it to be reshot by a different director (Renny Harlin I think) and he went and redid the whole thing rather than just amend the original

I have seen both versions and I don't really think one is much better than the other

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Someone posted a trailer to an Aussie zombie type movie where the leads where using zombies to power the car in some way.

Anyone know if it ever came out ?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Someone posted a trailer to an Aussie zombie type movie where the leads where using zombies to power the car in some way.

Anyone know if it ever came out ?

I think that you are on about Wyrmwood
    From what I can find, it is made and is meant to be released this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I can remember the name of this film and it's on the tip of my head but I just forget what it's called :pac:
    It's a horror type film.
    An American couple goes to Japan and they're haunted by the guy ex girlfriend. There's one particular scene where they're in a dark room and they're looking through pictures and there's ghosts in them.
    It ends up being that the girlfriend realises that her boyfriend was really mean to his ex Japanese girlfriend and she killed herself.
    She goes to her house and finds her body on a chair.
    It eventually ends with the Japanese girlfriend tryna save the American one because the boyfriend isn't all he says he is.

Might have Ghost in the title or something?

No idea, sorry if I described it wrong, thanks.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can remember the name of this film and it's on the tip of my head but I just forget what it's called :pac:
    It's a horror type film.
    An American couple goes to Japan and they're haunted by the guy ex girlfriend. There's one particular scene where they're in a dark room and they're looking through pictures and there's ghosts in them.
    It ends up being that the girlfriend realises that her boyfriend was really mean to his ex Japanese girlfriend and she killed herself.
    She goes to her house and finds her body on a chair.
    It eventually ends with the Japanese girlfriend tryna save the American one because the boyfriend isn't all he says he is.

Might have Ghost in the title or something?

No idea, sorry if I described it wrong, thanks.

The Grudge?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Grudge?

Nope, definitely not that.

I'm getting annoyed now cos I remembered what it was called yesterday!

Old age eh? :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Shutter.

Shutter.

Thank you!

That's the one, gonna rewatch it tonight.

Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭BloodThirsty

A Jack Lemon film in which he loses his job and yet pretends to go every day. His wife does not know he was fired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

A Jack Lemon film in which he loses his job and yet pretends to go every day. His wife does not know he was fired

The Prisoner of Second Avenue

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Movie from late 80s or early 90s.It opens with this guy being chased in the woods by a guy with a mask and a samurai sword.Sword fella kills him.Its some sort of "Dangerous Game " scenario where this bunch of white supremacists are hunting down and killing people for fun.They target this black cop because hes married to a white woman and theres a scene set during Mardi Gras in New Orleans where the racist group launch an attack on the parade and the black cops wife and children are killed.The black guy and his white partner are Kung Fu fighting some of the group and at some point the black cop is killed though I think this might be a bit after the parade sequence.The white cop was the main character.The main baddie if I remember correctly had a shaved head and moustache and he was one of those character actors whose face you know but can never think of his name.Theres a scene where he shoots another member of his group in the stomach for disloyalty or something and leaves yer man writhing on the floor wounded.Anyway does it ring any bells?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Its some sort of "Dangerous Game " scenario where this bunch of white supremacists are hunting down and killing people for fun.

Avenging Force, Michael Dudikoff?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Avenging Force, Michael Dudikoff?

Thats it.Jaysus I'd forgotten what a silly film it is.

Edit:Well duh.The black lad was a politician not a cop and his wife was black not white,albeit lightskinned.The main character was some sort of military intelligence guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Not holding out much hope but sher I'll give it a go:pac:

A horror film.

I remember seeing it when I was very young, maybe about 8-11 range Im not sure. It could be a short horror, like some of those anthology's.

All I really remember was a father, son and mother, she ends up dying in it and hes left to look after the child, a boy. The father suffers from nightmares and from what I remember he gives the boys location away to a monster or something evil in order to escape himself. The dead mother realizes what the father has done and her ghost saves the boy in time, saying "listen to your mother for the last time"

Anyway the child gets away and the father dies, I think he gets a heart attack in one of hes dreams or something and thats how his death is explained.

Its a very vague discription but its all I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mare Loves Movies

PLEASE help me find the name of a classic screwball comedy that I have been looking for since the 1900s. ;-) I came across it ages ago by accident (it was already on) and I never saw the name of it. I laughed all through it and always hoped I'd come upon it again, but never have. I *believe* the lovable ditzy blonde was Carole Lombard, and I believe it was from the 1930's (it was black and white). It took place mostly in rooms and there are a couple of small scenes that I remember. One was that the line, "stuck like a limpet" was repeated many times in the movie, after which everyone would say, "like a what?," and the speaker would say, "like a limpet." (No, it was not a Mr. Limpet movie). Also, there was a guy who was trying to iron his shirts and kept burning the shape of the iron into each one. Please, do you know which movie this is? I have googled and inquired on other sites, etc. over the years.
    I literally have been looking for this movie since about 1994.
    Many Thanks,
    Mare

• Advertisement

PLEASE help me find the name of a classic screwball comedy that I have been looking for since the 1900s. ;-) I came across it ages ago by accident (it was already on) and I never saw the name of it. I laughed all through it and always hoped I'd come upon it again, but never have. I *believe* the lovable ditzy blonde was Carole Lombard, and I believe it was from the 1930's (it was black and white). It took place mostly in rooms and there are a couple of small scenes that I remember. One was that the line, "stuck like a limpet" was repeated many times in the movie, after which everyone would say, "like a what?," and the speaker would say, "like a limpet." (No, it was not a Mr. Limpet movie). Also, there was a guy who was trying to iron his shirts and kept burning the shape of the iron into each one. Please, do you know which movie this is? I have googled and inquired on other sites, etc. over the years.
    I literally have been looking for this movie since about 1994.
    Many Thanks,
    Mare

I don't know the movie, but you might get lucky, if you go through this list: http://www.imdb.com/search/title?genres=comedy&release_date=1925,1945&role=nm0001479&title_type=feature,tv_movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

Film about a brilliant detective who was unable to mix with people. He was reclusive and phobic of social interaction. I think he had an assistant who dealt with the clients. 1990's I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

GoodLord wrote: »
    Film about a brilliant detective who was unable to mix with people. He was reclusive and phobic of social interaction. I think he had an assistant who dealt with the clients. 1990's I think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Horror film late 80s/early 90s set in a hospital.This doctor is killing patients and is himself then killed by another doctor(I can remember they have a confrontation with the line"youre supposed to be saving lives not ending them).Evil doctor is shot in the head and dumped in a pit with his victims.Then maybe twenty years or so down the line the evil doctor comes back to life (don't ask me how) and goes around killing people with a scalpal and all his victims in the pit come back to life as zombies.

darkdubh wrote: »
    Horror film late 80s/early 90s set in a hospital.This doctor is killing patients and is himself then killed by another doctor(I can remember they have a confrontation with the line"youre supposed to be saving lives not ending them).Evil doctor is shot in the head and dumped in a pit with his victims.Then maybe twenty years or so down the line the evil doctor comes back to life (don't ask me how) and goes around killing people with a scalpal and all his victims in the pit come back to life as zombies.

It's The Dead Pit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 costelg

Hi all.
    I am looking for the name of a film. To me, it is kind of like Dracula (1992) where The vampire comes to England to seduce a visitor's fiancée and inflict havoc in the foreign land.
    In this film there is a mirror that acts like a "door" to another place. One of the characters has tried for years to go through the "door"

Please help.

George.

costelg wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I am looking for the name of a film. To me, it is kind of like Dracula (1992) where The vampire comes to England to seduce a visitor's fiancée and inflict havoc in the foreign land.
    In this film there is a mirror that acts like a "door" to another place. One of the characters has tried for years to go through the "door"

Please help.

George.

Sounds a little like Vampire Circus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 costelg

Hi Darco.

No I dont think it is vampire circus, although quite similar, someone goes through the mirror/door to another place I think i remember snow and a castle in the other place.

Advertisement