Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

I've searched but haven't seen it mentioned -

That insurance ad with the gormless idiot driving her car with her two kids in the backseat and a woodpecker lands on her windscreen and proceeds to peck at it until it cracks. She stops her car and some dude - who looks like he just stepped out of the 60's Batman show - grabs her handbag and announces "I'm a robber". Dumb f*ck gives a wanna-punch-her-in-the-face look of disbelief as he makes off with her bag.

Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!! Seriously, why are they subjecting us to this utter sh*te??!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Ardent wrote: »

That insurance ad with the gormless idiot driving her car with her two kids in the backseat and a woodpecker lands on her windscreen and proceeds to peck at it until it cracks. She stops her car and some dude - who looks like he just stepped out of the 60's Batman show - grabs her handbag and announces "I'm a robber". Dumb f*ck gives a wanna-punch-her-in-the-face look of disbelief as he makes off with her bag.

Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!! Seriously, why are they subjecting us to this utter sh*te??!

Also when the car overheats from the result of a flat tyre? I don't think so, unless you were chased by the cops.Stupid ads

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm not gonna lie, I like when says I'm a robber.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Ardent wrote: »

I'm fairly sure this was highlighted many months ago, but got buried in the deluge!! A truly rubbish ad....FBD I believe. Never underestimate the power of negative advertising. I will never give a cent to that company:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm not gonna lie, I like when says I'm a robber.

That whole ad is a work of art! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Insurance ads specialize in terrible advertising:

FBD, Go Compare, No Nonsense....

Need I say anymore? May they all be destroyed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

That ad at the start of almost every Youtube vid with Georgia Salpa wanting to see if you can 'impress her' with a photobomb.

No. I won't make myself look like a gob****e just so you can judge me.

And I'll admit - i dislike it due to the fact that it plays before nearly every vid! Over and over..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Those between programme promos for British Gas on Channel 4 that feature some truly ugly CGI animation.The worst is the one where this workman has installed a boiler or something and it zooms in on him looking really smug and posing with his handywork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Craig Doyle for upc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thargor wrote: »
    I predicted it :mad:

Okay just like Thargor who predicted the UPC ad would end up in this thread I am calling this one - before the ad is even on television.

I have just seen an update from KBC on facebook about their new ad:
    We’ve been working away on a brand new TV campaign and we’re delighted to give you a special sneak peek. This new ad is all about you - so what's your kind of life?

It's HORRENDOUS!!!!!!! Complete and utter bleurge (is that a word) from the simpleton living at home with his parents (but clubbing his money away at the weekends) to the boastful sex & the city slash hipster "I'm always online" girl to the successful "business man in boy body" with his wordless female colleague beside him (sexist!!!) to the "tightening his belt" (we empathise with y'all a la KBC) fella, it's all horrendous.

So what's your type of life? Hopefully avoiding this awful ad life.

I'll see if I can find a link to the ad.

Sorry for the diatribe, it's just a complete brain dump from my head after seeing the ad once.

Edit.
    Can't find the ad, except on the fb page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Aviva ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

The ad on BT Sport for a Van insurance company called Vanerama where there's a builder who comes out of his broken down van singing in a Cockney Accent "when my van's off the road I'm not workiiinnng! So wot am I gonnaa Dooooe!" Here's a link to the video: http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SODOsa7P-g8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

FGR wrote: »
    That ad at the start of almost every Youtube vid with Georgia Salpa wanting to see if you can 'impress her' with a photobomb.

And I'll admit - i dislike it due to the fact that it plays before nearly every vid! Over and over..

Get Adblock.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

That ad where the father sends d young fella off to get washing powder and the young fella comes back pure delighted cos its a 2in 1 . Stupid smug faces on em .Thinks he is it like ... grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

O and the AIG ad . just came on there reminded me how I'd love to kidnap and torture him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Everything about it annoys me, the voice on the Asian one, "some preeety cheelingeeng footweeer", the fact that just after they say no to stereotypes and cliches they launch into a list of stereotypes and cliches? The smug nodding at the camera is the worst though.

Agreed. Dreadful ad. What on earth has been done to Katie Taylor, she sounds and looks really strange, in it.
    I would not give business to that company. I cringe every time I see that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Agreed. Dreadful ad. What on earth has been done to Katie Taylor, she sounds and looks really strange, in it.

She looks like Frank Maloney post op.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

She always had that drone sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^
    In the radio version of that ad,she sounds like herself.
    But on the telly ad I dunno what the hell she looks or sounds like-maybe she's putting it on.

That asian one-I recognise her voice from somewhere....Is she a broadcaster or something?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Didn't think I could hate anything more than the 'my friend Jane being fibre powered' ad, but the one that they have now with the gormless looking guy taking back the euro from the busker, is very irritating too.

The girl in it is very cute but her singing wrecks my head.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

KBC ad just played during ad break of sunday game, anyone see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Sky Sports add for the US Open featuring some stereotypical fat black African American woman trying to rap to tennis.

Easily up there with Trivago in "worst song in an add" category. Feckin awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Aaagh I hate that ad. Her accent is a disgrace. I think she actually says "Maaa, it's a hundre' an' two" in a really broad annoying accent.

I think its so bad its hilarious. Dublin skanger accent on her and then the D4 response from her mother. Priceless!

The ad that annoys me more is also for one of the two German retailers with people sitting around saying how great Lidl / Aldi is coming out with spew such as: 'They have this brilliant sauce I really like Mascapone and Cheese' (not exaxt words but along those lines). Really grinds my gears, luckily it seems to have disappeared off the screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just back from Guardians of the Galaxy in Dun Laoighre IMC, they played this ad at the start, everyone groaned when it came on and people were cursing it at the end, how the hell are media people so oblivious to what people like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

FGR wrote: »

There is absolutely no need to be watching ads before Youtube videos, hasnt been for years:

https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Just back from Guardians of the Galaxy in Dun Laoighre IMC, they played this ad at the start, everyone groaned when it came on and people were cursing it at the end, how the hell are media people so oblivious to what people like?

I swear that 90% of people who work in advertising here got demoted from the British branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The Stena-Line one with Dom Jolly is starting to get on my nerves.

'I like to call it a car cation, like a vacation with my car'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The Stena-Line one with Dom Jolly is starting to get on my nerves.

'I like to call it a car cation, like a vacation with my car'

Ah, used to love Trigger Happy TV.

I'd say not many people get the significance of how he whispers "Hello" into his phone.

And, btw, he's not Jolly, he's Joly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

jprboy wrote: »
    Ah, used to love Trigger Happy TV.

I'd say not many people get the significance of how he whispers "Hello" into his phone.

And, btw, he's not Jolly, he's Joly :D

Yeah Mr. Joly sure did pull off some great gags back in the day but that advert has really ran its course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

New always sensitive, so now you won't piddle in the middle of Lidl

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement