Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

stinkle wrote: »
    I'm stuck at home with a sprain and am totally sick of Trivago, "mam its ahundreh and teeeew", and my new enemy, hello.ie with the dad acting like he's off to a funeral but its actually his daughters wedding (changes black tie to bright one). The gormless look on the daughter's face makes me want to break the TV.

Jesus that ad. "you're not going to a funeral" is a turn of phrase, in the ad he seems at the start to genuinely believe he's going to a funeral and not a wedding. That would count as a significant warning sign for Alzheimer's, chief. Not sure what they were thinking with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The *energia ads where the family have to "let someone go".

*I hate the way the company name is all in lower case as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The *energia ads where the family have to "let someone go".

*I hate the way the company name is all in lower case as well

The energia ads are vile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

LynnGrace wrote: »
    The energia ads are vile.

I have to admit I like the "teenage trainer" one where yer man grabs the carton of milk off him, just because the actor is pretty funny. Apart from that they are beyond useless, didn't even know who it was for until I read this thread.

Prepay power.ie

Just go and **** off already :P

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

There's an ad for curry sauce on at the moment, not sure what brand. I quite like the ad but at the end the guy starts listing things you can add curry sauce too and improve them. Example: chicken and curry sauce = Chicken Curry, chips and curry sauce = Chips Curry!!! Chips Curry????? In what parallel universe are Curry Chips known as Chips Curry?

Madness Ted.

(Unless that's the joke and I'm missing it)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    There's an ad for curry sauce on at the moment, not sure what brand. I quite like the ad but at the end the guy starts listing things you can add curry sauce too and improve them. Example: chicken and curry sauce = Chicken Curry, chips and curry sauce = Chips Curry!!! Chips Curry????? In what parallel universe are Curry Chips known as Chips Curry?

Madness Ted.

(Unless that's the joke and I'm missing it)
    I love that ad!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I like it as well it's just the Chips Curry bit that blows my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Nurofen ad where the dubbing is awful. If it's a UK ad, just leave the accent, we do understand English in this country.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I like it as well it's just the Chips Curry bit that blows my mind.

I was going to mention it but was confused as to if I like it or not, its a good piss take but you just think its going to be a better product.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Jesus that ad. "you're not going to a funeral" is a turn of phrase, in the ad he seems at the start to genuinely believe he's going to a funeral and not a wedding. That would count as a significant warning sign for Alzheimer's, chief. Not sure what they were thinking with that one.

Weddings and funerals,its easy to get them confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

darkdubh wrote: »

Yeah I got in serious trouble for doing the hokey pokey at a removal last week.

Could be worse.

Imagine the busker was singing the Trivago song :D:D

What would really work for me would be if he fell face first off the scooter as he goes away. Then I'd consider signing up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The Chill Insurance ads with Jennifer Maguire.

Need I say more?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

darkdubh wrote: »

Next time you're at a wedding and an old person hilariously comes up to you and says "you're next" you should do the exact same thing to them at next funeral you're at.

The Chill Insurance ads with Jennifer Maguire.

Need I say more?

No, nothing further necessary. I wish some companies realised how off putting their ads are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

That UNICEF ad with Peter Power's deadpan voice. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The cracker ad with "hunter, gatherer Dad" as the presenter leans into some bloke and imitates eating a cracker with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

RosieJoe wrote: »
    The cracker ad with "hunter, gatherer Dad" as the presenter leans into some bloke and imitates eating a cracker with him.

Oh that ad grinds my gears, it's ALL the awful stereotypes in one place!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

Least favourites right now have to be:

1. Meteor American girl
    2. West coast cooler (not in Kansas now)
    3. Upc fibre powered
    4. Trivago
    5. McDonalds shave your chest
    6. Aldi (frosties)
    7. Sky sports €1

When ever I see an annoying or weird ad I always imagine a bunch of people in a meeting discussing the ad and someone suggesting it as an idea. I mean how someone can even come up with some of these things is beyond me! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭jmcc

Just seen a new Trivago ad. They've dumped the whiney hipster warbling and gone for a more upbeat soundtrack with "whoo hoo" in it. Wonder if it will roll out on Irish TV slots too?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Trivago
    The women's car insurance company with Katy Taylor in it.
    The Sky Sports ad for the US Open tennis.
    The Sky sports ad for the new premier league season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

The women's car insurance company with Katy Taylor in it.

It's awful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

It's quite upbeat until Taylor opens her mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Everything about it annoys me, the voice on the Asian one, "some preeety cheelingeeng footweeer", the fact that just after they say no to stereotypes and cliches they launch into a list of stereotypes and cliches? The smug nodding at the camera is the worst though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

^^^^^

Not gonna sleep tonight now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just seen the advert for Walkers new range of chips, "with real ingredients for an authentic taste" which would seem to explain why their regular crisps taste like they're made with unreal ingredients for a chemical taste.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement