Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

If I see the Airwaves gum add with your one with the snakes again I'm going to go mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hate that ad.The people in it seem like the type of **** I'd go out of my way to avoid.
    I was standing at a bus stop for 20 minutes the other day with a big cartoon of "Optimistic Andy" or whatever lame name they gave to the weasel faced one and I was actually getting mad looking at it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Hate that ad.The people in it seem like the type of **** I'd go out of my way to avoid.

Its about proper geeza's that live it large and have a bang on the 'orses, innit

Hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

I despise most of those toothpaste ads. The smug looking actors on them, with their bright white perfect teeth just remind me how bad my own teeth are :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

I despise most of those toothpaste ads. The smug looking actors on them, with their bright white perfect teeth just remind me how bad my own teeth are :(

The Oral B one is the worst, especially the lad who has a touch of the Sean Conneries. Shusheptible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I saw a toothpaste ad I didn't hate recently. The one with Rachel Riley :) also the sound was perfectly in sync.

Surely this is one of the signs of the apocalypse....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The Sensodyne ads annoy me. The dentist's voice has to be lowered to mention, wait for it sensitive teeth...
    You would swear it was some shameful condition, aaargh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

How bad is the Sky ad with the busker? Is he some sort of up-his-own-arse Glen Hansard clone who moans instead of singing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

If I see the Airwaves gum add with your one with the snakes again I'm going to go mad.

YES! Some people are terrified of snakes, advertisers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

This post has been deleted.
    Thats norra snake, THIS is a snake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

And I'd far rather hear INXS's "Need You Tonight" on the radio or on YouTube.

In fact, this ad would be better - albeit not by much - if it didn't have music in it at all.

Contrast it with this Airwaves ad from around ten years ago... :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Meteor have this new ad where there's this supposed rocket scientist who puts on a horrible (what I assume to be) german accent, the whole thing is cringy and horrible but at the end he said "it's the knees of the bees!" and you're just sat there like why is this guy on my telly, how did this get approved. It's woeful.

Fbjm wrote: »
    Meteor have this new ad where there's this supposed rocket scientist who puts on a horrible (what I assume to be) german accent, the whole thing is cringy and horrible but at the end he said "it's the knees of the bees!" and you're just sat there like why is this guy on my telly, how did this get approved. It's woeful.
    Theres 3-4 grand worth of telescopes to drool over beside him on the stage, thats the only reason it doesn't annoy me like every other Meteor ad ever made, only a couple of months until they unleash their Christmas monstrosity on us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

This may interest ye, but a couple of weeks ago I was going home on the train, and the two guys next to me worked in advertising. Couldn't help overhearing their conversation (I swear) and they were praising the Meteor ads to high heaven! It seems that those who work in the industry genuinely think their ads are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Probably been mentioned, but agh!
    One of the most annoying things on spoken ads, has to be voices, they should at least try to get the least grating.

The Sensodyne Pronamel advert, with the Female Dentist.. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    She seems to have something that I didn't think was possible. She has a more annoying accent/voice than "Mariam O'Callohaan".
    Ugh...

Okay, now that I've said it, maybe not more annoying, but it's up there.:(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Fbjm wrote: »

Oh Christ saw that for the first time last night.About as funny as operation yewtree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

darkdubh wrote: »
    Oh Christ saw that for the first time last night.About as funny as operation yewtree.

Really hate their one about the app developer aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Birdseye and their "family banter" adds.

Sweet Jesus its cringe worthy.

If you're going to mimic a family then at least try and be realistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I'm effin sick of that Sky Sports ad for the new soccer season....
    Nevile-"I knew that."
    Carragher-"You would do!"

I mean,is that meant to be funny??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Ned Walsh

The Aldi/Lidl ad for Rice Crispies with the young child putting the thermometer in the tea and then shouting to her mother "mom ita hundred and two" So bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Ned Walsh wrote: »
    The Aldi/Lidl ad for Rice Crispies with the young child putting the thermometer in the tea and then shouting to her mother "mom ita hundred and two" So bad

Aaagh I hate that ad. Her accent is a disgrace. I think she actually says "Maaa, it's a hundre' an' two" in a really broad annoying accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Aaagh I hate that ad. Her accent is a disgrace. I think she actually says "Maaa, it's a hundre' an' two" in a really broad annoying accent.

Have to say I don't mind her accent as much as the ott middle class accent at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Elmo wrote: »
    Have to say I don't mind her accent as much as the ott middle class accent at the end.

If I can stomach the ad I will listen out for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Bride of Frankenstein teeth fixing service

holy sh1t:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Didn't think I could hate anything more than the 'my friend Jane being fibre powered' ad, but the one that they have now with the gormless looking guy taking back the euro from the busker, is very irritating too.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Didn't think I could hate anything more than the 'my friend Jane being fibre powered' ad, but the one that they have now with the gormless looking guy taking back the euro from the busker, is very irritating too.

Could be worse.

Imagine the busker was singing the Trivago song :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Birdseye and their "family banter" adds.

Sweet Jesus its cringe worthy.

If you're going to mimic a family then at least try and be realistic!

"you're on good form today". Christ on a bike.

nullzero wrote: »
    "you're on good form today". Christ on a bike.
    Its still better than the one with the ridiculously forced kids voices but still an awful ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

I'm stuck at home with a sprain and am totally sick of Trivago, "mam its ahundreh and teeeew", and my new enemy, hello.ie with the dad acting like he's off to a funeral but its actually his daughters wedding (changes black tie to bright one). The gormless look on the daughter's face makes me want to break the TV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement