Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

God I fcuking hate Lucy Kennedy.
    I'm having a problem with my weefee. I must have given it too many tablets..... snort....snort...etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

I used to really like that Crystal Fighters song that UPC are now using on their Sky Sports ad TWICE an ad break. This is the second time they've done this to me!

Sexist ****e but its ok cos its for de wimmins.

'Wheder yer goin to bleedin mayo or bleedin rio'. Stick to the boxing katie, jesus wept.

Katie's in fer a shock if she tries driving to Rio. Maybe she could use some flippers as her "challenging" footwear that day. A prayer to Saint Anthony wouldn't go astray either :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Um, who in their right mind would trust McDonald's curry sauce, I barely trust them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

duridian wrote: »
    Katie's in fer a shock if she tries driving to Rio. Maybe she could use some flippers as her "challenging" footwear that day. A prayer to Saint Anthony wouldn't go astray either :P

I hate that ad. It's pathetic.

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Um, who in their right mind would trust McDonald's curry sauce, I barely trust them anyway
    It's McDonnells Curry Sauce, but you're right not to trust McDonalds anyway.

?format=1000w

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

mmg0305 wrote: »
    McDonnell's curry sauce, with that muppet running around the countryside! Chips. Veeeegetables. Never tried the sauce, but it looks vile.

If you've ever had curry in a chipper it was most likely the McDonnells variety or similar....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just when I thought the Aviva ads with Paul Whitehouse couldn't get any worse they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

ivytwine wrote: »
    I used to really like that Crystal Fighters song that UPC are now using on their Sky Sports ad TWICE an ad break. This is the second time they've done this to me!

I love that ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

ivytwine wrote: »

Everytime I hear it, it reminds me to feed the cat. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    I wonder do these advertising agencies realise that their terrible ads are actually putting people off buying their stuff & judging by the sheer amount of posts in this thread I don't think i'm wrong.

the ads are made for people EXACTLY like they are....think the whole country has a d4 accent...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

I know that not in Kansas anymore ad has been mentioned but I don't get it were the girls searching for a gay bar full of men wildly dancing together....?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Any key? wrote: »
    I know that not in Kansas anymore ad has been mentioned but I don't get it were the girls searching for a gay bar full of men wildly dancing together....?

It seems they were so brandead they didn't even realise they were in a gay bar.

"You're not in Kansas now Toto", such a rubbish statement that makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭jmcc

"You're not in Kansas now Toto", such a rubbish statement that makes no sense.
    It is a quote from a movie called "The Wizard of Oz". It starred Judy Garland as Dorothy. Apparently gay people used to be called "friends of Dorothy". So therefore in that context it might make some sense. Probably some advertising executive trying to be clever or sophisticated.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭jmcc

allybhoy wrote: »
    The advert for Estrella beer, where they sing probably the most annoying song ever created, they just keep singing Fantastica over and over again, and everyone is so smug looking, its absolute posion
    Must be an easy song to sing while drunk. Though I thought it was an ad for Aldi or Lidl.

Regards...jmcc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

jmcc wrote: »
    It is a quote from a movie called "The Wizard of Oz". It starred Judy Garland as Dorothy. Apparently gay people used to be called "friends of Dorothy". So therefore in that context it might make some sense. Probably some advertising executive trying to be clever or sophisticated.

Regards...jmcc

Also the nightclub is called the emerald city.

All pointing to this being a gay bar.
    But the girls seem to just think they have struck lucky and found a nightclub of men just for them.
    :confused:

Actually I think it might be a bad copy of an episode in sex and the city where the 4 girls actively go to a gay bar for all the dancing. Or whatever. It is a bad ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The ads on Sky Sports advertising the start of the new soccer season.

The voice of the narrator is just unbelievable annoying.Same as those idiotic ads they had featuring David Beckham a couple of months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Same as those idiotic ads they had featuring David Beckham a couple of months ago.

You don't mean those ads featuring the sofa ref and the sensation suit, do you? I liked them... :o;)

Although I'm not too sure if a new European football channel was the best idea. :o:D;)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

amdublin wrote: »
    Also the nightclub is called the emerald city.

All pointing to this being a gay bar.
    But the girls seem to just think they have struck lucky and found a nightclub of men just for them.
    :confused:

Actually I think it might be a bad copy of an episode in sex and the city where the 4 girls actively go to a gay bar for all the dancing. Or whatever. It is a bad ad.

That straight people inadvertently ending up in a gay bar trope is a bit tired at this stage.Its been 30 years since Police Academy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Those GAA adverts where you see the supporters coming out of tunnel with camera pretending that it's handheld while shaken, I mean what the hell? There's no need for adverts GAA! The game alone advertises itself!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sky €1 ad??

Cute busker and scabby fella throwing in €2 and coming back later for €1.
    Horrendously annoying.

Edit.
    Sky sports on upc

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

UPC and the busker song!! Goddamn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Sky €1 ad??

Horrendously annoying.
    thalia_13 wrote: »

That ad is possibly the worst of 2014 (so far anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I like this sometijklajfkladhsf;ajdsfklj before school and I like this kdjfakldjsflkajdsfkladjsf before school but today I wan' to watch telly

IT'S A HUNDRED AND FOAR

followed by some middle class woman saying You're going to School :confused:

Must be a foster kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Snackeez is my new most annoying ad !!!!!! :mad:

Edit: Oh good god I thought out version of the ad was bad until I saw this one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sky €1 ad??

Horrendously annoying.

Edit.
    Sky sports on upc
    thalia_13 wrote: »
    That ad is possibly the worst of 2014 (so far anyway)
    I predicted it :mad:
    Thargor wrote: »
    Oh My God, we have a new king of the Adverts You Despise thread I think, Sky Sports new one, every single adbreak, some stupid hipster b1tch singing about going down to the park with me with a ukelele and a guy on a scooter takes his Euro back... It is fooking repulsive.

Bit of a glut of torture ads at the minute:

West Coast Cooler Not in Kansas
    Stupid Katie Taylor challenging footwear insurance ad
    McDonalds shaves his chest
    Guy talking with his mouth full about getting another quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Elmo wrote: »
    I like this sometijklajfkladhsf;ajdsfklj before school and I like this kdjfakldjsflkajdsfkladjsf before school but today I wan' to watch telly

IT'S A HUNDRED AND FOAR

followed by some middle class woman saying You're going to School :confused:

Must be a foster kid.

Agree:
    Aldi ad.
    comparison of Frosties to their Frosted flakes (I like this one)

With a bold brat of a child with the biggest Dublin accent you've heard. Followed by mummy with the poshest accent you've ever heard.

Full translation for your convenience here:
    I've subjected myself to it in the name of translation

- I like dis cereal-befuh skoo-wel. I like dis cereal-befuh skoo-wel.

And then something to the effect of.
    - But today I don wuntta go skoo-wel. I wunt ta watch telleeeee.

-Maaaaaaaaaaam it's a hundra and towehhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

This is the Ladbrokes life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

This is the Ladbrokes life

Hate that ad.The people in it seem like the type of **** I'd go out of my way to avoid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement