Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying things that happen on a flight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

When the milk explodes all over your new suit and you're on your way to do a presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Oh and when your ears pop!! THE PAIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

SpaceTime wrote: »
    When the milk explodes all over your new suit and you're on your way to do a presentation.

"Milk"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Was on a flight over the weekend and the geezer beside me had his suitcase under both seats in front i.e. I had no room to stretch my legs. AS the flight was only going to be an hour I decided not to cause a fuss. What bothered me more however were the two girls behind me on their way to a henparty and they had the most annoying voices I have ever heard. The one behind me talked non stop and every time she made a point she banged the back of my seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Aidric wrote: »
    Newborn babies anywhere close to the vicinity of my seat.

those umbilical chords get everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Strumms wrote: »
    The twat in front of you who insists on having their seat reclined from the second they sit down.

The seat mate who wants to also have all of the armrest and 20% of your personnel space as well as all of his own.

The parents who let their kids run riot up and down the aisles banging into you when you are trying to get some kip on long haul.

The tosser who decides to stop and chat at the door with the flight attendant while boarding blocking the whole process, we were already 90 minutes late !

The two posh auld ones who arrived on board late, carrying their designer shopping bags without a care in the world and the flight attendant who rewarded them with a smile, some sympathy and a glass of water, I arrived on time and got none of the above.

Hmmm most people

What's wrong with that?
    They've been made to recline for a reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Horrible thing to have why flying is a sinus infection. I had it happen to me twice in one day. Not nice at all :(

It was probably just the one and the same sinus infection, unless you had really strong antibiotics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Trying to get a seat next to the person you're flying with, so having to virtually trample the other passengers.

Kids who are over-excited and very vocal and loud.

Babies crying, understandable and not much the parents can do about it, still annoying though. This is one reason I always wear earplugs when I fly.

Check-in queues.

The humid stuffiness of airports and planes, feels like all the energy is sucked out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Hold the Cheez Whiz

Was on a flight over the weekend and the geezer beside me had his suitcase under both seats in front i.e. I had no room to stretch my legs. AS the flight was only going to be an hour I decided not to cause a fuss.

What? Yeah, I would have said something.

To add to my list of hates: BIN HOGS. I definitely appreciate RyanAir's approach in this regard, because people bring a ridiculous amount of carry-on luggage with them.

fussyonion wrote: »
    What's wrong with that?
    They've been made to recline for a reason!

I understand for overnight flights, but for the two hours we're all stuffed on here, can you please sit up straight? Tilting the seats back on a plane only really works when everyone has them tilted back - otherwise your knees get crushed if you are over 5'6", and it is difficult to work on a laptop or eat or otherwise use the pull-down tray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

The people who get up out of their seats the second the plane comes to a halt to get their stuff and make a call.

Plus one on the clapping when the plane lands.

Overcharging of food and drink on Ryanair.

Folk taking up two armrests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Explosive decompressions and that's just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

People who spend a chronic amount of time putting bags away in the plane or collecting them thereafter - clogging up the queue for everyone else who wants to sit the f*** down and get on with the flight.

And I'll never understand the idea of waiting at the airport terminal for what could be 30 minutes prior to departure; every opportunity to purchase somewhat cheaper food; yet to throw this all away and wait 10 mins into the sky when suddenly they become hungry and have a strange desire to spend €6 on the driest cheese sandwiches known to modern existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I don't mind the babies, it's not their fault. My mother says she brought me to London by herself when I was about a year and I cried the whole way. She was mortified. She didn't realise that giving me a bottle would help the pain in my ears, is still aggrieved at the air hostesses for not telling her :) Babies can't help their crying though, and most of the time their parents can't either.

I hate yapping. SHUT UP with your yapping, it's 6am and we're all exhausted. You can talk your rubbish when you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

When I was flying to Canada the chap sitting beside me covered himself in a towel and masturbated for the majority of the flight...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I hate when it crashes.

I don't mind the babies, it's not their fault. My mother says she brought me to London by herself when I was about a year and I cried the whole way. She was mortified. She didn't realise that giving me a bottle would help the pain in my ears, is still aggrieved at the air hostesses for not telling her :) Babies can't help their crying though, and most of the time their parents can't either.

I hate yapping. SHUT UP with your yapping, it's 6am and we're all exhausted. You can talk your rubbish when you get there.

I feel bad for parents who are really trying to soothe their kids (unsuccessfully), but I have no sympathy for parents who just let their kids run amok. Just because you've learned how to tune out your own brats doesn't mean the rest of us can. Hmph.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Children - all ages are equally annoying

People who dress sloppily. A wife beater is not appropriate attire in an enclosed space.

People who start praying to God and crying when we encounter turbulence

People who put all their small stuff in the overhead bins

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Men who sit with their legs wide open and invade my personal leg room.

This happens on planes, buses and trains. Why do you need to sit like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

When you get a seat in the first few rows, only have light hand luggage, and think you'll be able to get off quickly....

Then find there's a shuttle bus to the actual airport so you need to wait for the entire plane to disembark

• Advertisement

The safety yoke they do before you take off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Misticles wrote: »
    Men who sit with their legs wide open and invade my personal leg room.

This happens on planes, buses and trains. Why do you need to sit like this?

Thats because our testicles does be stuck to our leg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

DrumSteve wrote: »
    When I was flying to Canada the chap sitting beside me covered himself in a towel and masturbated for the majority of the flight...

There was nobody beside you...that was a mirror

It took him that long to finish? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A fidgety person beside you, especially if you are to the inside of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

magentis wrote: »
    Thats because our testicles does be stuck to our leg.

This makes my leg be stuck to my other leg at an angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Are you serious!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

mikeym wrote: »
    When the passengers are told that the plane is about to land and the old men stand up and get their coat from the overhead compartment.

Clapping the pilot for landing the plane.

Babies crying on the plane the whole way through the flight do you think the parents would use a pacifier :mad:

Yes because a pacifier is a magical baby quitening instrument that works for every single baby born ever. Don't you think the parents would have tried everything? Do you think they want to have people like you giving them dirty looks whilst having to listen to the screaming themselves!

I agree with you about the clapping. I haven't experienced that in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,549 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

dudara wrote: »
    Children - all ages are equally annoying

People who dress sloppily. A wife beater is not appropriate attire in an enclosed space.

I find it funny, not annoying when people on a short cheap hop to a city break in Europe think they are the high flying, exclusive elite first class and get annoyed at kids being kids.

You're a commoner with other commoners on a bus with wings for a couple of short hours.

Get over yourself, It's not 1957 ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Used to hate on Ryanair before they started assign seats there would be a lot of empty rows and people still came and sat beside me

Advertisement