Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 avnol

Hey all having a really bad day :( awful panic attacks and couldn't sleep last night. Now when I am sleeping it's mad messed up nightmares :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

Glad for you Duck, not that I've a clue what those things are. Must Google at some point.

They are for my bowels and stomach I got them from the local health store. Aniexty and depression comes from not having a good diet. We've evolved for millions of years on proper nutrition then all of a sudden, we start cooking food and eating stuff that's not fit for human consumption and we are reaping what we SOE with our bodies not knowing how to deal with it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

duckcfc wrote: »
    They are for my bowels and stomach I got them from the local health store. Aniexty and depression comes from not having a good diet. We've evolved for millions of years on proper nutrition then all of a sudden, we start cooking food and eating stuff that's not fit for human consumption and we are reaping what we SOE with our bodies not knowing how to deal with it

im pretty sure there is more to anxiety and depression than poor diet. Stress for one............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Roquentin wrote: »
    im pretty sure there is more to anxiety and depression than poor diet. Stress for one............

yea that could be a long list..
    could we add some items just for clarity? id start with..

stress
    loss
    fear of loss
    fear of abandonment (is it the same as the above?)
    shame
    regret
    guilt
    failure (with or without personal merit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Joya wrote: »
    yea that could be a long list..
    could we add some items just for clarity? id start with..

stress
    loss
    fear of loss
    fear of abandonment (is it the same as the above?)
    shame
    regret
    guilt
    failure (with or without personal merit)

I could write a very similar list.

• Advertisement

I could write a very similar list.

anything to add that comes to mind? : )..

i think i will have a longer reflection on this later because it triggered some thought process inside me : )....

Joya wrote: »
    anything to add that comes to mind? : )..

Body image issues
    Paranoia
    Uncertainty
    Ill treatment by others

feel a bit strange today myself. Not really depressed or anxious, but rather a strange feeling of nothing, like im a zombie or something. must be coming of the high of the weekend.

feel a bit strange today myself. Not really depressed or anxious, but rather a strange feeling of nothing, like im a zombie or something. must be coming of the high of the weekend.

The comedown from a high can far too sobering sometimes. I get it bad after most enjoyable social occasions.

The comedown from a high can far too sobering sometimes. I get it bad after most enjoyable social occasions.

after christmas or when the world cup ended, i felt a bit down. I lot of people feel bad on sunday and monday because it means back to work. If you contrast it with how you feel on friday because the weekend is starting.

• Advertisement

after christmas or when the world cup ended, i felt a bit down. I lot of people feel bad on sunday and monday because it means back to work. If you contrast it with how you feel on friday because the weekend is starting.

I get ya yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I get the worse come downs after seeing action movies at the cinema, its really weird. I sit there loving the film, then I come out feeling absolutely awful.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I get the worse come downs after seeing action movies at the cinema, its really weird. I sit there loving the film, then I come out feeling absolutely awful.

It's amazing how your own mind tries to **** with you

cloud493 wrote: »

i think its the high. You often hear writers say they hate to finish writing a book, because they become so empty when the dreaming stage is over. No surprise that a lot of them are alcoholics, because they replace one high with another. Its the same when people break up over relationships. They go from having a certain life to emptiness

Anxiety and depression do not come from having a bad diet. They are recognised illnesses. MRI scans where done in sufferers and people with no history of depression. Results showed up different areas of the brain at different sizes. I know for a fact when I'm off meds I'm all over the place. My hormone levels go all over the place

Body image issues
    Paranoia
    Uncertainty
    Ill treatment by others

Couldn't agree more

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

If I could shake this lonely thing a bit I might not be so wound up and deflated at the same time.. Serious battle going on between staying awake and being conscious of things or passing out and having nightmares about the same..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

avnol wrote: »
    Anxiety and depression do not come from having a bad diet. They are recognised illnesses. MRI scans where done in sufferers and people with no history of depression. Results showed up different areas of the brain at different sizes. I know for a fact when I'm off meds I'm all over the place. My hormone levels go all over the place

That's your come down from the meds

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That's your come down from the meds

It may not be since the medication is not there to make you high - it's a stabiliser.. So if you forget them you destabilise is the way I would see it..
    Thing is that depression and/or anxiety are very individual illnesses unique to each person so it's hard if not impossible to make a concrete statement on anything, especially since we are anonymous posters here..
    That's why I tend to use maybe and perhaps a lot here, I'm not a doctor let alone in a place to state things.. I just want this thread to stay in the vein it was intended - a little support network for people..

The crash in mood is right down the way now. Suicide thoughts and all. Need to try get that away from me..

• Advertisement

The crash in mood is right down the way now. Suicide thoughts and all. Need to try get that away from me..

Do you know what triggered it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm in a position where I need help but there's this part of my brain that just switches off any attempts at doing so. I think I'll always be an ugly loser so if I get help and start functioning again I will be functioning but in the exact same position in terms of connectedness (lack of) and will be just as alone.

It stops me in my tracks every time I think of doing something and I'm getting more and more trapped everyday. Recently I can't really stay out of bed more than a couple of minutes before I go back. It kind of feels out of my control and I'm wasting away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

I too am in turmoil, went back to counselling today, slipping back into downward spiral,
    Starting again,

ok, me too, ups and downs, i tried to cut on my medicine for a while but i presume it has been too early for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Does anyone get blurry eyes from anxiety? Sometimes it's obviously blurred, other times it feels more extreme and 'normal' i.e. bad eyesight

fr336 wrote: »
    Does anyone get blurry eyes from anxiety? Sometimes it's obviously blurred, other times it feels more extreme and 'normal' i.e. bad eyesight

i get paranoid, mainly because of sleep deprivation. eye sight stays the same, just have trouble keeping my eye lids open, again due to not sleeping

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

i get paranoid, mainly because of sleep deprivation. eye sight stays the same, just have trouble keeping my eye lids open, again due to not sleeping

Same with the utter relentless sleep deprivation..get well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I have gotten the eye problems, unfocused, painful at times, hypersensitivity to light and to sound. They could be symptoms of other problems like vitamin deficiencies etc. though

Rough day and night. Finally ate something, that'll do til tomorrow at a guess. Still, least i don't have to drag myself to work..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

In late April I broke up with my girlfriend of three years, and while I've been fine since then, just lonely because I missed her, last weekend I finally found out she was going out with somebody. While I've no problem with having to move on, her moving on within two months has hit me hard (like, why couldn't it be four or five months).

Over the weekend and Monday I was in a bad place. Sitting in a tractor without a radio is bad. Fleetingly I thought that not being around might be better but not seriously. Anyway I've had a chat with a couple of people and one of them suggested I write a letter to let it all out. All of this has made it better. I'm trying to spend time with other people not to have to think about it and I've told my brother I won't be around on the farm for the next week or so until I feel a bit better.

I've heard exercise helps and this is where I'd like some advice. I play golf and, well, that's a singles sport and you get lots of time to think going around, though playing this morning was better than I thought. However, a few days ago I was practicing and had to come inside because I couldn't get it out of my head.

I feel if I go for a run it will be the same kind of thing, just a chance for me to think. Do the endorphins from running outweigh the negative thoughts? Or should I go back to a team sport? What have people experienced in terms of exercise and negative thoughts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement