Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Was hard getting up out of bed this morning......

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Any one watch the programme on the royal marines in the uk ? The new recruits in training ?
    It's pretty good. On at 9 on mondays. Part 2 is tonight.

The inspections are crazy. Your wardrobe has to be a certain way and they even show you how to wash yourself. Its nuts. Imagine Templemore being that strict !!

They do push ups and sit ups to bleeps.. they are fit defo but they get huge fry ups in the morning.
    Least in Templemore you get some porridge :)

Good show I think.

Any one watch the programme on the royal marines in the uk ? The new recruits in training ?

The inspections are crazy. Your wardrobe has to be a certain way and they even show you how to wash yourself. Its nuts. Imagine Templemore being that strict !!

They do push ups and sit ups to bleeps.. they are fit defo but they get huge fry ups in the morning.

Good show I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

...and so another week of incessantly refreshing our email and boards forum is upon us. Oh. Joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

ann.lewis wrote: »

Good show I think.

What is the food like in Templemore actually? I'm a veggie, so a little concerned! :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

...and so another week of incessantly refreshing our email and boards forum is upon us. Oh. Joy.

youll miss it when its gone...........

NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Just wondering, when you went for your medical did you need to bring a copy of the invite or just show up with nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

mickaleen wrote: »
    Just wondering, when you went for your medical did you need to bring a copy of the invite or just show up with nothing?

Show up and give your name!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

What is the food like in Templemore actually? I'm a veggie, so a little concerned! :-P

Me too I'd say we are out of luck there but there is a lidl down the road. We will survive. How is everyone enjoying their first day :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

r_k.com wrote: »
    Me too I'd say we are out of luck there but there is a lidl down the road. We will survive. How is everyone enjoying their first day :'(

That some sort of sick joke? :(

• Advertisement

Carroller wrote: »
    That some sort of sick joke? :(

Ban him

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

What days are medicals & PCT's this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

octigen wrote: »

I know someone doing medical this weds anyway. PCT dates are given once you pass the medical but they said definitely next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Afaik, medicals are going on this week, and physicals the next. I was talking to two fellas who were given medical dates this week and (presumably provisional) physical dates next week.

I've my medical tomorrow and was told on the phone at the time that I could only accept the medical date if I was def available for physical the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Sounds to me like they are still trying to fill the class?

I don't know, I have stopped trying to second guess what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

thekopend wrote: »

Still background checks from first batch not cleared I reckon. Friday week is 1st of August they might just aim for that to notify first class - give everyone a fair chance.

thekopend wrote: »

I think so too.
    We could be wrong but seems a bit rushed now. Only accept the medical date if you can do a fitness the following week. Sounds rushed to me. Then everyone will be notified when they have numbers from this lot.

Could be a long shot and we are guessing !!

Still background checks from first batch not cleared I reckon. Friday week is 1st of August they might just aim for that to notify first class - give everyone a fair chance.

I was thinkin perhaps it was the vetting slowing things down too. However, I'd have thought that they would have prioritised the vetting on the first bunch that were expected to enter Templemore, therefore making it unlikely that the vetting of the folks currently doing stage 5 to be any quicker than ours. I've mentioned it before, but the impression that I got from hr was that most people's vetting had come back. It was just a matter of garda hrm clearing it themselves.

• Advertisement

ann.lewis wrote: »
    I think so too.
    We could be wrong but seems a bit rushed now. Only accept the medical date if you can do a fitness the following week. Sounds rushed to me. Then everyone will be notified when they have numbers from this lot.

Could be a long shot and we are guessing !!

Well the alternative is that they actually do have everything ready to go, and we could hear any day now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Rothmans wrote: »
    Well the alternative is that they actually do have everything ready to go, and we could hear any day now :)

I think we'll find out the 1st of August and we will start 1st of September. That gives your employer exactly 4 weeks notice.

And HR still have the next 2 weeks to do what ever they need to do.

Shifty13 wrote: »
    I think we'll find out the 1st of August and we will start 1st of September. That gives your employer exactly 4 weeks notice.

And HR still have the next 2 weeks to do what ever they need to do.

I'm thinking on the same lines. Would be nice to be given more than the 4 weeks notice though so that we can get a week off in between and sort a few things out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

From the horses mouth so to speak:

"The first intake of approximately one hundred Garda Trainees to the Garda College is scheduled to take place in early September 2014"

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2014-07-17a.1646&s=garda+recruitment#g1647.q

'Early september'. Im thinking the 8th of september seen as many of the instructors are scheduled to go down on Sept 2nd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Apparently there have been a fair few drop outs and non responses as there are better paid jobs now the economy has picked up.

Twas Not wrote: »
    Apparently there have been a fair few drop outs and non responses as there are better paid jobs now the economy has picked up.

Nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭eroc79

I know there is definitely medicals tomorrow and Friday and I was told today that pct Monday 28. Don't know if there's more days than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭eroc79

I know there is definitely medicals tomorrow and Friday and I was told today that pct Monday 28. Don't know if there's more days than that.

eroc79 wrote: »

Yup, that's exactly what I've been hearing! Maybe we could know by Tuesday week in that case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

Twas Not wrote: »

Non responses to what?? It's not like they've been contacting us!

Advertisement