Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What comic are you reading at the moment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since I just found out about its existence, I just started reading the Super Mario Bros movie sequel webcomic

http://smbthecomic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

I read Injustice: Gods Among Us yesterday. The whole of year one.

I nice mini series, looking forward to Year 2 now

Since I originally only started reading from the beginning og Whedon's run, I picked up the first 2 volumes of Runaways and have just finished the first one.

Really wish they would come back. 500 different X Books yet no room for Runaways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Runaways was fun. Best advice is treat it like firefly. Be grateful for the small slice of that world we got.

Currently enjoying fearless defenders and the Half past danger hardcover. Enjoying both

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brandom

Speaking of Firefly, picked up Serenity: Leaves on the wind but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Looking forward to it though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

brandom wrote: »
    Speaking of Firefly, picked up Serenity: Leaves on the wind but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Looking forward to it though

Also picked this up yesterday, also yet to read it. I've been reading "Night of the Living Deadpool" which is typically great.

Also been reading Mark Waid's Daredevil which is fantastic. Lots of good stuff in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've not had much time to read anything! I've only managed to keep up with Superior Spider-Man. I've fallen way behind with the Avengers and Green Lantern series. I keep meaning to get back to Daredevil and now a new Firefly comic? Ain't enough time in the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Also picked this up yesterday, also yet to read it. I've been reading "Night of the Living Deadpool" which is typically great.

Also been reading Mark Waid's Daredevil which is fantastic. Lots of good stuff in it.

AMAZING RUN

Thwip! wrote: »
    AMAZING RUN

Yep! It's been a few years since I've read Daredevil but I'm delighted I picked this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Fantastic Four: Season One - Overly expensive modern re-telling of the FF's first few stories (plus an issue from Hickman's solve everything arc). Liked super tramp Namor being brought back to his senses by mistaking Johnny Storm for the original android Torch. However, Torch going Super Nova on hobo-Mariner and it just giving him a clean shave is silly. Like, sillier than the actual shave from the original story.

Naruto 61
    Naruto 62
    Naruto 63
    Naruto 64
    - Needed to catch up with the books otherwise I would have overtaken the story on Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. Usual "Hah hah! I had a secret technique you never knew about until now!" shenanigans.

Fables: The Deluxe Edition 1
    Fables: The Deluxe Edition 2 - Seemed sensible to get some idea of the world from the comics before I played The Wolf Among Us (which
    made the cliffhanger
    redundant.) Wish the characters I favoured didn't keep dying and would rather see the pinks and purples of the game on page but I'm liking it.

How does the geography actually work? It seems that the Homelands are on a different plane and not just magically hidden away in European forests or whatever but what happens with characters from stories that are from real Earth places? Are they Fables, or Mundies that stumbled into the Homelands?

Superman: The Man of Steel 1
    Superman: The Man of Steel 2
    - Making my way through the first John Byrne FF Omnibus (which has its own Super-Man) and watched the meh movie so I thought I'd see what Byrne did with Superman similar to my looking at Waid's non-Marvel stuff after his FF run.

Man of Steel is pretty good as the self-contained arc it's designed as though the ending of Kent going meh to his being an alien doesn't feel right. The second volume passing itself off as the continuation is a mixed bag. Luthor stuff good but I don't care to see the Phantom Stranger ever again. Indifferent to Darkseid, and Superman getting the ol' memory wipe to spare him the guilt of being party to the murder of many is bovine fecal matter. In three issues of a Legends crossover I have no interest in pursuing further.

Boxers & Saints

Star Wars Ewoks: Shadows of Endor - Trying to get as many of Dark Horse's Star Wars run before they go out of stock and the rights go to Marvel). So I just need to get 34 TPBs in nine months... Anyhoo, Ewoks yarn on Endor during the arrival of the Empire. 'Tis fine. The epilogue with
    Wicket stumbling onto Leia a la Return of the Jedi
    was rather pointless.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Enemy Within
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Sith Hunters

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Defenders of the Lost Temple - Like the nod to
    the Knights of the Old Republic comic with the planet Draay 2 and its temple being guarded by a mechanical Lucien Draay lookalike.
    Continuity without the reader having to have read the other story. You should though. wink.png
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Smuggler's Code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 P.L

I just started reading all Vol 1 Batman comics (got them digitally), i'm currently on issue 3. Doing the same thing with Amazing Spider-Man and X-Men.

In terms of modern titles Batman, The Flash, The Walking Dead, Detective comics, Daredevil , Captain America, Green Arrow, Justice Leagues, GOTG.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

brandom wrote: »

I need to get this ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Ocean by Warren Ellis
    Deadpool (Marvel Now)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I need to get this ASAP!

It's pretty good!

I'm currently reading

The Wake
    Y: The Last Man
    Inhuman (new Marvel event)
    Silver Surfer
    Black Widow

Ghost Omnibus 1 - Couldn't really get into it. Interesting one-shot with the misogynistic villain taking on the man-hating Ghost
    and his being glad of getting paralysed from the neck down as it kills the sex drive
    that he perceives as his weakness. However, he is later shown to be
    working under Doctor October who turns out to be woman
    yet he has no opinion on it. Seemed like a missed opportunity. Also, a name like Joe Yimbo is wasted on a guy with scythes for hands.

Fables: The Deluxe Edition 3
    Fables: The Deluxe Edition 4
    - Still liking it and all but that World War II arc pulled me out of the story. The Nazis having an interest in
    Bigby as they mistake him for a werewolf is great. Frankenstein's monster
    being a thing in the 'real' world is silly when the premise of the book is fiction in our reality. The monster doesn't exist so why the heck is it not a Fable? And in 1001 Nights of Snowfall, the Piper's specifically told to go to Hamelin. So is he going to the real one or the fictionalised one based on the stained-glass window? Unreliable narrator but arg. *flails arms*

Gotham Central 1: In the Line of Duty - 'Tis fine. Not particularly enamoured with it.

Waid Daredevil 2 oversized hardcover - There will never be enough
    Spot
    in the world.

Thief of Thieves 1: "I Quit."
    Thief of Thieves 2: "Help Me."
    - Learned of it through Andy Diggle's Twitter feed and the running-over-rooftops picture combined with Wikipedia framing it as a thief who steals from thieves ("Master thief who quit the game, but the game won't quit him." is more accurate) was enough for me to give it a look. 'Tis a slow burn but I plan to keep reading future volumes eventually. It's in the queue anyway.

John Byrne Fantastic Four Omnibus 1 - Something of a mixed bag though that's not really a complaint. Galactus dealing with Sphinx by condemning him to relive the centuries that took him to that point on an infinite loop was kewl (even if a later issue in the same collection established that time travel doesn't work that way...). Dodgy morality going on when the FF force Tytos/Terrax into becoming Galactus's new herald - points for the elemental theme - and try to justify it because Terrax enslaved the people he was ruling. Eye for an eye yaaay!

Reed Richards continues to be the biggest villain in the history of existence, hilariously telling Frankie Raye that she can't leave then saying it's her choice when she's gone. Wife holding your unconscious son in her hands? "Good Lord." Not even "Good Lord!!" just a glorified Gosh and some stuf about thinking he was on a different floor. Next issue he's shown to (supposedly) give a damn with the no-sleep-stubble at the hospital though I suspect he just left some experiment running back home. At least people treat Sub-Mariner like the jerk he is.

Ben Grimm being turned back to his older, scaly appearance was pretty pointless. While it may have read differently as monthly issues, it just didn't work for me as it ultimately went nowhere. The revelation that the only Thing stopping him from turning back to human form is his own mind is also poo. Same sort of stuff happened when Silver Surfer escaped exile on Earth because he just wasn't trying hard enough to leave or summat.

FF 2: Family Freakout
    Fantastic Four 3: Doomed
    - "Literally" is used way too much here. While FF was pretty fun and chaotic, found Doomed something of a chore. Old John Storm being
    an alternate universe version of the Torch rather than a potential future version
    felt like a cop-out. Next to zero chance of Torch's future ever going that way but
    people from alternative universes aren't the same people as those with the same name
    in the Marvel universe. Literally.

With the end of FF, ideally Bentley will still be around somewhere. She-Hulk being grossed out by the
    team hiding inside the fibres of Impossible Man's pants
    was great.

"
    Scott, I brought back that idiot magician you wanted. There's a problem. He wants to be paid. He's one of those Hero-for-Hire types. Sort of like Luke Cage. Only he's a magician. And he dresses nice.
    "

Dr. Doom
    shoving Annihilus out of his way
    was amazing. More dodgy morality as Reed Richards does the
    Skrull cow
    thing all over again. Despite the problems it caused last time. Despite
    trapping sentients in the bodies of an animal that gets farmed
    . Daughter calls shenanigans, Richards treats it as her hitting her teens early. He's the worst.

I should probably call foul on
    Sun Tzu being added to the cast
    out of nowhere but it's totally fitting with the tone of the book.
    "Turns out Sun Tzu is a pink cloud alien, too"
    "Hello."

Assassin's Creed: Brahman - Far superior to the French-language books. More of this please, Ubisoft. Make 'em easier to acquire as well, thanks.

Fables: The Deluxe Edition 5

Captain Marvel 2: Down

Secret Avengers 2: Eyes of the Dragon
    - Don't mention
    Fu Manchu
    ! I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it! Constant "
    Shang-Chi's father
    "s seems to be an unfortunate leftover of the story being told monthly.

Young Avengers 1: Style > Substance
    Young Avengers 2: Alternative Cultures
    Young Avengers 3: Mic-Drop at the Edge of Time and Space
    - Couldn't get into it beyond the first couple of issues. The reality-bending represented by messing with the page layout was neat.

Batgirl 1: The Darkest Reflection

Wonder Woman 1: Blood
    - Isn't
    establishing that Diana's not a clay baby like having an adult and everyone around them be shocked that they weren't found in the cabbage patch or delivered by a stork
    ? Would seem to me to be the kind of detail you would quietly ignore if you're rebooting rather than make it a thing.

Gotham Central 2: Jokers and Madmen

Astro City: Life in the Big City
    - Would like to read more but unless the immediate follow-ups get rereleased (again) or are sold second-hand at a reasonable price it looks like that's not going to happen.

Conan 12: Throne of Aquilonia
    Conan 13: Queen of the Black Coast
    Conan 14: The Death

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I just read Trinity War...it's sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brandom

Just in case anybody might be interested Preacher is on sale on the Comixology site, all issues 89c each , it has been on my to read list for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Got my hands on a copy of Snowpiercer volumes 1 and 2 last week - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snowpiercer-Vol-1-Escape-Jacques-Lob/dp/1782761438/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1404978711&sr=1-1&keywords=Snowpiercer

Really compelling story, read through both of them in one sitting and enjoyed them a lot. Very different from the film taken from them with only really the overall premise kept intact.

(No spoliers) It's about a train, originally designed as a high end luxury for the rich, which travels the planet non stop, and is now the last bastion of mankind, the population having been wiped out through artificial climate change.

It's main themes are class division, rich/poor divide, inhumanity and politics. I'd definitely recommend picking up a copy of both if you can. Surprising it took so long to be translated into English from the original French but well worth the wait.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've been useless at updating this thread in the last god-knows-how-long, so one-line reviews of my recent-ish reading FTW!

Hellblazer: I've been re-reading various bits from the early run (Original Sins, The Devil You Know, (skipped The Fear Machine though, wasn't in the mood for it), The Family Man, Bogeyman and also the complete Garth Ennis run so Dangerous Habits, Bloodlines, Fear and Loathing, Tainted Love, Damnation's Flame, Rake At The Gates Of Hell and Son of Man). It's bloody good stuff - so good, in fact, that I've replaced my copy of Dangerous Habits with the new one (because extra missing issues), and am considering replacing both my Family Man and Bloodlines trades (even though there are only a few uncollected issues in there, and some of them are in the "Rare Cuts" TPB that came out with the film). I'm also delighted they're finally collecting the Paul Jenkins run starting later this year.

Emily Carroll's Through The Woods - Em Carroll's webcomics have been some of the finest horror comics I've seen in years, with a wonderful balance between fairy tale and gruesomeness. This hardcover collection of mostly-new-stuff (plus the ridiculously good and deservedly popular story His Face All Red from a few years back) is great, and well worth picking up.

Dead Body Road 1-6 - a solidly-executed breezy summer action film. Well paced and with some great action scenes, including chase scenes that work perfectly despite being realised in a static medium.

Batman Beyond: Industrial Revolution - a collection of Adam Beechen's canonical sequel to the Batman Beyond/Of The Future animated series. I really liked the cartoon, but while this was pretty well done I didn't really feel it - not least because the stories felt a bit drawn out. It's not bad, but for an 8 issue trade this just felt like there wasn't that much story. Also, Inque's backstory was disappointingly bland.

Sex Criminals Volume 1 - hilarious, silly and a lot of fun. Especially because it reminds me of this :D

Three TPB - Kieron Gillen + Ryan Kelly? SOLD. Also Jordie Bellaire on colouring duty, which as far as I can tell is only ever a good thing. While not intended as a "STFU and take your 300-esque propaganda elsewhere Mr Miller" comic, it can be read that way. Basically a (much) more historically accurate tale about Sparta and what life was like there for those of the lower classes.

Vertigo Cyan anthology - Wasn't terribly impressed with this, to be honest. The idea was fine, but a lot of the stories were just kind of bland. A few great ones, but several with either lazy or obvious twists that made the stories feel like a waste of time. If I'm paying for an 80-page anthology, I want the quality to be higher than this was. DC has managed excellent anthologies in the form of Solo and Wednesday Comics, but both of those were curated by Mark Chiarello, and I think that his absence here is what I'm noticing most of all.

Probably loads more I've missed too, but let's leave it at that for now...

Upcoming reads: Spread #1, Trees #1 and 2, The Wicked & The Divine #1, Manhattan Projects Volume 4, Decadence #10, and DKW by Sergio Ponchione.

• Advertisement

Fysh wrote: »
    Sex Criminals Volume 1 - hilarious, silly and a lot of fun. Especially because it reminds me of this :D

This and Rat Queens have been the recent surprises for me. Just fun reads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Read this over the weekend:

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Graphic-Novel-Resonator/dp/0823030539

The Resonator by Prentis Rollins.

Superb artwork and a really compelling story, read it in two sittings as it really does draw you in to an interesting world which has loads of potential for expansion.

The interesting about this particular book is that it's a flip book - One side is the graphic novel itself, the other side is the making of the graphic novel - Full of original artwork, how the ideas were formed and some of the problems involved in getting a book from idea to printed page. Much more in depth that the usual 'a few sketches and scrapped ideas' that they sometimes throw in at the back of TPBs. A really good way to learn more about the process of putting together a book.

The story itself has some interesting ideas and concepts, most of which are slipped in quietly alongside the main narrative. It is enjoyable as a story and as a moral tale. Artwork in particular is outstanding, exactly my sort of thing. I would have liked it to be a good big longer though, which is the mark of a good story perhaps.

I picked it up for £2 over here so an absolute bargain for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Any recommendations for getting into the new 52? got batman and superman been catching up on some "must read" books but looking for more current stuff, like in the last few years. Never really read much DC, need some stuff I should get into. Marvel too I havent read comics properly in donkeys years just the odd graphic novel and few things like Punisher MAX, dunno where to even start tbh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I re-read the Bonerest: A World's End miniseries from a few years back over the weekend. I seem to remember really enjoying it, and it's mostly held up. I noticed some details and little jokes in the background that I think passed me by previously. Unfortunately, I was also reminded that it finished on what amounts to a cliffhanger that was never resolved, and at this point it's something like 8 or 9 years later so I doubt we're going to see any more of it :(

krudler wrote: »
    Any recommendations for getting into the new 52? got batman and superman been catching up on some "must read" books but looking for more current stuff, like in the last few years. Never really read much DC, need some stuff I should get into. Marvel too I havent read comics properly in donkeys years just the odd graphic novel and few things like Punisher MAX, dunno where to even start tbh.

I haven't enjoyed any of New 52 but as far as Marvel goes, I highly recommend all of the following:

Daredevil
    Hawkeye
    Silver Surfer
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Thor: God of Thunder

All great titles in their own ways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

krudler wrote: »

Cool, so you're looking for some recent Marvel and DC stuff to get into.

Personal DC Picks

Batman It's great, just great
    Flash (up until the point that Buccellato and Manapul leave, the artwork alone will make you want it)
    Adventures of Superman (Kind of like a collection of generally done in one Superman stories by a bunch of different creators...also the only New 52 Superman book I would recommend as for the most part Superman has been woefully written in his own titles)
    Green Lantern is good up until Johns leaves as he kind of doesn't reboot it for the New 52 which for the most part is the smart move
    Wonder Woman Fantastic artwork and a very different origin for the character

Personal Marvel Picks
    Daredevil - the run that just gets better and better as it goes. Fantastic art team also
    Superior Foes of Spider-Man - the sleeper hit of Marvel Now! Deals with some of Spidey's less successful villains and is freaking hilarious
    Nova - fun run with an all new Nova, gets even better once Duggan takes over writing it
    Thor, God of Thunder - Arguably the best run on Thor in about a decade, verily a fine book this be.
    Young Avengers - Incredibly fun, if brief, run with Noh-Var, Wiccan, Hulking etc
    Superior Spider-Man - The run that Dan Slott will be remembered for. Doc Ock is the Superior Spider-Man!
    Silver Surfer - Dan Slott and the Allreds, you just can't go wrong
    Black Widow - Gorgeous book...GORGEOUS
    Moon Knight- Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey, Jordie Bellaire....HOW COULD YOU NOT WANT THIS?

Though you shouldn't limit yourself to just those companies. Image have a fantastic policy where the first trades of their series are only €9.99 (it's a recent enough thing so some of the older trades are like €14.99). They have a fantastic line of books like Saga, Revival, Sex Criminals, Zero etc. But you should also check out BOOM!, Dark Horse, IDW etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Also reading Moonknight and really enjoying it, as well as Borderlands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I haven't enjoyed any of New 52 but as far as Marvel goes, I highly recommend all of the following:

Daredevil
    Hawkeye
    Silver Surfer
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Thor: God of Thunder

All great titles in their own ways!

On a somewhat related note I had a look at those Marvel compilation comics that you can get in Eason's today. There's a new book out now that's starting with the first three issues of Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy, issue one of Avengers Arena and something from the Waid Daredevil series. The book is only a 5iver and any kid looking to try out Comics would do well well a starter book like that at a really great price.

It's a far cry from the chaos we had when trying to get into comics at a younger age.

Fear Itself: Avengers
    Avengers
    (vol 4) 3
    New Avengers
    (vol 2)3 - Not sure if I feel the Avengers tie-in to Fear Itself is a cop-out or not since it's a bunch of talking heads set after the fact being interviewed about Fear Itself. Then again, I've got no intention of reading Fear Itself itself so it's not like I'm being made to read the story twice. The subsequent volumes of Adjectiveless Avengers and New Avengers were pretty clunky though. They don't really work apart from each other and NA should have been read before AA. Still, Squirrel Girl is always a plus.

X-Men: Battle of the Atom

Indestructible Hulk 1: Agent of SHIELD
    Indestructible Hulk 2: Gods and Monster
    - Banner doesn't want to just be known as a walking nuke and doesn't like his brain being wasted so he offers the Hulk to SHIELD in exchange for the equipment to do some science.

Superior Spider-Man HC 1
    Superior Spider-Man HC 2 - Great change of pace. Never met a Slott or Waid book that I didn't like. wink.png

Age of Bronze: A Thousand Ships - Wanted to read an adaptation of the Trojan War and that's what I got. Not sure how to give it a yay or nay.

Darwin's Diaries 1: The Eye of the Celts - Apart from a passing mention of Druids, the title doesn't seem to have any relevance yet. Unspecified creature is running about northern England killing stuff so Charles Darwin is sent to identify it.

Blake & Mortimer: The Yellow "M" - Classic or not, I wasn't feeling it. Got to mentally re-edit every Daily Mail article as "Hurrah for the Blackshirts", however, so that was fun.

IR$ 1: Taxing Trails (w/ The Hagen Strategy) - Tax collecting James Bond. Okay then. First time in a while that I've been angry at a character after it's
    revealed that the antagonist is a Nazi who did good for himself off the back of stealing the identity of a Jewish prisoner at Auschwitz with whom he shared a similar face and murdered
    . It wasn't specifically that which got to me but that the guy
    he killed would have survived the gas chambers and his killer lived as him for in the concentraion camp till the end of the war
    rather than it being a last minute act of self-preservation.

The Unwritten 1: Tommy Taylor and the Bogus Identity
    The Unwritten 2: Inside Man
    - Yep, this can stay.

Hellblazer 1: Original Sins - Struggled with it. Had to restart three times but it picked up with When Johnny Comes Marching Home. Might skip ahead to the Ennis run and go back if I feel like it.

Aliens: Inhuman Condition - Far superior to the last "graphic novella" Fast Track to Heaven which just felt like a by-the-numbers humans encounter xenomorph and get wiped out scenario. Inhuman Condition has something to say and plays with the universe which is what a tie-in should be. While I do think androids are a little played out in the franchise, they're not just set dressing here. But call them xenomorphs rather than aliens demmit. Curious word choice with "
    In fact, Jeremy Harris was engaged to an off-worlder. Not even a female.
    " Reads like they mean
    Harris is teh ghey
    , right? So why not just say "
    Not even a woman
    " (or even something more direct)? The way it's said there reads like the character's into poodles or sutin.

Star Wars: Legacy vol II, book 1 Aston Villa nil - Prisoner of the Floating World
    Star Wars: Legacy vol II, book 2 - Outcasts of the Broken Ring
    - Quite like that they're more or less self-contained stories against the backdrop of a
    Sith insurgency
    . Darth Wredd as a name sucks though. Beyond that my petty niggles are the issues carried on from the first Legacy series with the Sith surviving post-Return of the Jedi and prequel era Jedi being around. I like K'Kruhk but he should neither be in government nor a representative of the Jedi after Luke Skywalker.

Star Wars: Agent of the Empire 2: Hard Targets - 'Twas fine. Disappointed with the
    nu Count Dooku death fakeout
    when I thought the opposite was a handy reminder that Cross works for the bad guys. Still, nice farewell to Fabbri's Star Wars art for Dark Horse. Hated the way his lightsabers looked in the prequel era but his stuff worked well for stories set around the classic trilogy.

So... about thirty books to get in five months before the Star Wars licence shifts back from Dark Horse to Marvel.

----

At this point, I've got Nazi fatigue (not Nazi fatigues, they're something else). Thanks to Marvel's cartoon Nazis, The Unwritten dealing with Nazi propaganda, IR$ covering Auschwitz and Hellblazer featuring neo-Nazis, I need a break from them. Star Wars space Nazis I can handle but getting that many popping up in relatively quick succession is draining as heck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

On a somewhat related note I had a look at those Marvel compilation comics that you can get in Eason's today. There's a new book out now that's starting with the first three issues of Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy, issue one of Avengers Arena and something from the Waid Daredevil series. The book is only a 5iver and any kid looking to try out Comics would do well well a starter book like that at a really great price.

It's a far cry from the chaos we had when trying to get into comics at a younger age.

They're promoting the hell out of GOTG over here, there's a Silver Snail comic store down the road from me and they have a good load of stuff for it including newer comics. I had a flick through the Star Lord one, I dunno jack about GOTG aside from snippets of info from the movie side of it but it looks like it's gonna be great fun.

Thanks all for the recommendations, been on a Batman binge the past week re-read The Long Halloween, Hush and Year One and watched Under The Red Hood and Dark Knight Returns.

Advertisement