Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

frimpong wrote: »
    My intial team

De Gea
    Myhill

Baines
    Terry
    Ward
    Upson
    Yun

Silva
    Mata
    Lallana
    Johnson
    Tiote

Van Persie
    Bony
    Chamakh

The first glaring problem with it in my opinion is the lack of any Arsenal player. What do people think?
    Think about who will you put as captain? RVP sure, but you should have another obvious option IMO. Maybe you should allow Sanchez if you have the option. Other than that your team seems solid enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Initial Team

Krul
    Schmeichel

Debuchy Lovren Shaw Vlaar Cameron

Sanchez Fabregas Sigurdsson Barkley Ince

Ings RVP Dzeko

**Dependent on Debuchy Lovren and Sigurdsson getting their trasnfers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Foster Krul
    Vermaelen Azpil Debuchy Vlaar Upson
    Mata Ozil Fabregas Silva Britton
    RVP Dzeko Zamora

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Raf32 wrote: »
    Foster Krul
    Vermaelen Azpil Debuchy Vlaar Upson
    Mata Ozil Fabregas Silva Britton
    RVP Dzeko Zamora
    Azpil probably won't play much next year with Filipe Luis signing for Chelsea. Ivanovic will play on the right and Luis will play on the left I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Azpil probably won't play much next year with Filipe Luis signing for Chelsea. Ivanovic will play on the right and Luis will play on the left I'd imagine

Possibly but i reckon Azp will play more often than Ivan with Ivan being used as a centre half more often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Opinions appreciated...
    De gea (Myhill)
    Terry Shawcross Ward Demichelis (Collins)
    Silva Mata Eriksen Ramsey (El ahmadi)
    Rooney Dzeko (Zamora)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Initial Attempt.

De Gea (Krul)

Koscielny Dunne Shawcrss Ward (Upson)

Sanchez Mata Silva Mirallas (Sidwell)

Dzeko Rooney(C) (Zamora)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

I've gone for

Coutois (Chelsea) £6.0
    Schmeichel (Leicester) £4.5

Ben Davies (Swansea) £5.0
    Debuchy (Newcastle) £5.5
    Jones (United) £5.5
    Kompany (City) £6.5
    Wisdom (Liverpool) £4.0

Sterling (Liverpool) £8.5
    Eriksen (Tottenham) £8.0
    Siggurdsson (Tottenham) £6.0
    Hazard (Chelsea) £10.0
    Januzaj (United) £6.5

Rooney (United) £10.5
    Naismith (Everton) £5.0
    Giroud (Arsenal) £8.5

Depends on mooted moves for Debuchy to Arsenal, Davies to Liverpool/Tottenham, Wisdom to West Brom, Siggurdsson to Palace/Swansea going through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

First draught, but i honestly don't think it will change all that much. Depends on how much Costa comes in at but besides that i have all my top priced players nailed down so would only be the cheaper players who might get tinkered with.

A2NyxYq.jpg

slingerz wrote: »
    Possibly but i reckon Azp will play more often than Ivan with Ivan being used as a centre half more often
    I'd expect Terry and Cahills partnership to continue into next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd expect Terry and Cahills partnership to continue into next season.

So would I. Terry organised that defence very well last season and Chelsea drew a couple of games while he was missing mainly because of his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Jose said he doesn't see Ivanovic as a cb last season anyway. He only played him there due to injuries I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Here's my first draft of many. Many I tells ya!

14a3hi.jpg

Goalkeepers: Begovic and Fabianski both come in at 5.0 and rotate perfectly. Yeah I'm spending 10 on keepers here but I'd be spending the same for Courtois and no back up. There's an assumption Fab will be first choice here too but Vorm is also 5.

The home keeper plays Villa, Burnley, WBA, Leicester in the first 4 and remains favourable. It's different to what's been mentioned and we know I like different :P

Defenders: Straightforward enough here but based on a number of assumptions. Debuchey moves to Arsenal, Davies moves to Spurs, Rafael is fit and first choice. From the first quick look at the BPS it seems like dribbles are rewarded more which could see Fullbacks reclaim the edge over CBs. KevIRL has a breakdown of the systemn on another thread.

Matt Targett is my early punt like I mentioned yesterday. If Southampton don't sign a replacement for Shaw then he looks set to replace him. At 4.0 and bench fodder it's fine for now. Santon speaks for himself as an FB too and Newcastle should be more solid, should be!

Midfielders: Sanchez and Eriksen require no reasoning really. If Walcott was fit he'd be in and where and how Sanchez plays will be interesting. Tadic and Arnie I'm not sure about but are here for now. Hazard/Mata/Silva and another mid range like Arnie or Snodgrass could be more viable. Waiting on Costa's pricing. King well he's cheap, should play and should be in the middle of Leicester's forays into the final 3rd.

Forwards: Rooney is here for now due to RVP's uncertainty to start the campaign but once fit will be a better option surely. Studge is a place holder for Costa nothing more. I would be shocked if Liverpool continued to score as freely as they did and their values don't show value as of now.

Austin is a goalscorer and could be the Lambert, Carroll, J-Rod of the season. A goal or assist most weeks nothing more and nothing less. If Remy stays it could be a problem though. Any of Ings, Nugent, Wickham, Fletcher or even Agbonlahor are all interesting alternatives. Not to mention Gayle or Murray from Palace.

The whole team will change by this time next week but that's the beauty of this game!

No Micky T?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Dónal wrote: »
    No Micky T?!

:(

He's still in my heart. Next year he'll return and it will be glorious!

Any United fans care to give us an insight on the role Rooney is most likely to play next year? Looking in from the outside I think Van Gaal will play 4231 with RVP up front and Mata behind him. Anyone more in the know regards Man Utd care to give an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Draft # 1:

Goalkeepers:
    Howard (5.5), Guzan (4.5)

Defenders:
    Coleman (7.0), Skrtel (6.0), Targett (4.0), Terry (6.5), Bruce (4.0)

Midfielders:
    Silva (9.0), Odemwingie (6.5), Fábregas (9.0), Sigurdsson, (6.0), Sánchez (10.5)

Forwards:
    Austin (6.0), Giroud (8.5), Jalevic (6.0)

1m remaining.

Baldie wrote: »
    Draft # 1:

Goalkeepers:
    Howard (5.5), Guzan (4.5)

Defenders:
    Coleman (7.0), Skrtel (6.0), Targett (4.0), Terry (6.5), Bruce (4.0)

Midfielders:
    Silva (9.0), Odemwingie (6.5), Fábregas (9.0), Sigurdsson, (6.0), Sánchez (10.5)

Forwards:
    Austin (6.0), Giroud (8.5), Jalevic (6.0)

1m remaining.

Howard is overpriced IMO. I wouldn't touch Guzan or any goalkeeper associated with Paul Lambert. His teams are always dreadful for clean sheets.

Why have Coleman at 7 million when you can have Baines? Coleman had one great season. Baines has had several and takes penalties. Alex Bruce only played last season when others were injured and I'd expect similar this season.

Your forward line is very weak. Giroud is your main striker but Sanchez could effect his playing time. Jelavic and Austin are good picks IMO but you need a better captaincy option up top. In my draft I have these two but with RVP.

My draft that I'm now happy with:

Mannone
    Debuchy Terry Shaw
    Hazard Ramsey Eriksen Silva
    Austin RVP Jelavic

Krul, Dummett, Targett, Albrighton

Does anyone know is Dummett expected to play?

I'm not actually going to place that much emphasis on my initial matchday one squad to be honest. It's often a lottery as to who performs well.

Last year the GW started at 11.30 and I played my wildcard at six that night and it worked perfectly so I can see myself doing the same again.

That team above looks fairly decent to me. It's solid if not unspectacular in that it is missing players like Sanchez. Every one of the starting 11 is a proven PL performer, bar Austin.

As for RVP being rested, he's van Gaal's poster boy, he'll arrive back to training on 4th August by my counting and have two weeks to get ready for the PL season. He played feck all last year so tiredness shouldn't be a huge issue. I'd also point out this has happened many players in the game before. Top scorer one year and an average season the next before going back to being near indispensible again. Lads like Drogba, Lampard and Cesc did it for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lemlin wrote: »
    Howard is overpriced IMO.

How so? He's in a team which claimed 15 clean sheets last season and looking at keepers from last season he was the second best value player after Mannone. Correctly priced I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Opinions of this

shirt_12_1.png
    Krul MCI (H)

shirt_4.png
    Terry BUR (A)

shirt_4.png
    Cahill BUR (A)

shirt_6.png
    Coleman LEI (A)

shirt_14.png

Davis LIV (A)

shirt_11.png

Mata SWA (H)

shirt_1.png

Sánchez CRY (H)

shirt_4.png
    Fábregas BUR (A)

shirt_15.png
    Eriksen WHU (A)

shirt_10.png

Dzeko NEW (A)

shirt_1.png

Giroud CRY (H)
    shirt_17_1.png

Mannone WBA (A)
    shirt_3.png

Duff CHE (H)

shirt_20.png

Vaz Te TOT (H)

shirt_8.png

Upson EVE (H)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

jebforever wrote: »
    How so? He's in a team which claimed 15 clean sheets last season and looking at keepers from last season he was the second best value player after Mannone. Correctly priced I think.
    Everton's opening 7 fixtures also aren't the best for cleanies with them playing Arsenal (H), Chelsea (H), ManU (A), Liverpool (A). I'm avoiding Everton defence until after that

s7RQVry.png

I'd still like to upgrade Naismith to a 6.0m striker guaranteed starts but can't figure out how to do it yet

Does anyone know is Dummett expected to play?
    I think their backline will be Santon, Colocinni/Yanga-Mbiwa, Williamson, Janmaat

Opinions of this

shirt_12_1.png
    Krul MCI (H)

shirt_4.png
    Terry BUR (A)

shirt_4.png
    Cahill BUR (A)

shirt_6.png
    Coleman LEI (A)

shirt_14.png

Davis LIV (A)

shirt_11.png

Mata SWA (H)

shirt_1.png

Sánchez CRY (H)

shirt_4.png
    Fábregas BUR (A)

shirt_15.png
    Eriksen WHU (A)

shirt_10.png

Dzeko NEW (A)

shirt_1.png

Giroud CRY (H)
    shirt_17_1.png

Mannone WBA (A)
    shirt_3.png

Duff CHE (H)

shirt_20.png

Vaz Te TOT (H)

shirt_8.png

Upson EVE (H)
    Anyone?

Anyone?

Baines is the same price as Coleman and he's a better points scorer, takes penalties etc. I'd go with him instead.
    Doubling up on Chelsea defence could be dodgy, but at the same time could pay off big time.
    Midfield is very strong, albeit I can see Fabregas playing a deep role for Chelsea, so may not score as well as when he was last in the league. Others may disagree.
    Front line is decent enough too.

Overall a very good squad but could be bit better imo.

Baines is the same price as Coleman and he's a better points scorer, takes penalties etc. I'd go with him instead.
    Doubling up on Chelsea defence could be dodgy, but at the same time could pay off big time.
    Midfield is very strong, albeit I can see Fabregas playing a deep role for Chelsea, so may not score as well as when he was last in the league. Others may disagree.
    Front line is decent enough too.

Overall a very good squad but could be bit better imo.

I havent a clue about the cheaper 4.0-4.5m players, could you suggest better alternatives

I havent a clue about the cheaper 4.0-4.5m players, could you suggest better alternatives

Neither do I tbh. :D

jebforever wrote: »

I don't see Everton doing as well this season. Have they even signed anyone new? They've lost Lukaku and I don't think they've replaced him.

Howard is the same price as De Gea. I'd take De Gea over him.

5.5 is too high for me for a keeper in a team that I can't see finishing top six this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I don't see Everton doing as well this season. Have they even signed anyone new? They've lost Lukaku and I don't think they've replaced him.

Howard is the same price as De Gea. I'd take De Gea over him.

5.5 is too high for me for a keeper in a team that I can't see finishing top six this year.

Whilst I agree with you that De Gea is probably better value than Howard (especially for the first half-dozen games or so), losing Lukaku would hardly make them any worse for keeping clean sheets. The fact that they managed to keep Barry is the much more relevant.

Advertisement