Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What a hiding.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great win for ye today. We were spineless in the extreme - and this certainly helped ye. ye will be there or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Delighted. O donoghue is some player.

Cork were awful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Kerryfootball

Really did not see that coming.

Great day for Kerry football

Great performance by Buckley and I stand corrected on him.

Ps to all of Marcs doubters you got the answer today.

Up kerry

Really did not see that coming.

Great day for Kerry football

Great performance by Buckley and I stand corrected on him.

Up kerry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Jay. Sus. Cork were woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

?

mystic86 wrote: »
    ?

In the lead up to this game some fans on here were questioning Marcs inclusion on the starting team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭wonga77

Unreal result, kerry were great but lets be honest, Cork were pure muck. No intensity and lacked real leadership out there. Kerry had leaders all over the park and everyone of them were willing to get stuck in.
    Nasty shot on DoS at the end there, could easily have broke his jaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭MOTM

Declan was outstanding. Shocking foul by john hayes.

• Advertisement

MOTM wrote: »
    Declan was outstanding. Shocking foul by john hayes.

Hayes act was a cowards act and he should hang his head.

In the lead up to this game some fans on here were questioning Marcs inclusion on the starting team.

I wasn't one of those. And I understood what you meant in your last post. But how exactly did today prove anything about any of our defenders??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Glory Kerry!!

I wasn't one of those. And I understood what you meant in your last post. But how exactly did today prove anything about any of our defenders??

Marking Hurley/O'Neill is a challenge any day.
    Our backs did super, granted the supply for cork was brutal.

Plus delighted for Kelly in Goal did brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

What a day to be a Kerry supporter.

Feel for Cork fans. Their team really let them down today.

Fitzy showed his tactical nous today. Absolutely nailed it.

Declan,Maher, Murphy and James O'Donaghue were top class.

Also Shane Enright outfought Brian Hurley and had a great game.

Our backs were completely untested and for that reason i am not reading ANYTHING into todays game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Juniors, Minors and Seniors doing the treble in the space of 5 days.

its been a long time since Kerry Gaa has had a week as good as this one. lets enjoy this for a while.

smashing performance, one of the most complete ive ever seen from a Kerry team. O Donoghue was simple awesome, but 4 or 5 more lads hit levels they have not hit before in a Kerry jersey.

Juniors, Minors and Seniors doing the treble in the space of 5 days.

its been a long time since Kerry Gaa has had a week as good as this one. lets enjoy this for a while.

smashing performance, one of the most complete ive ever seen from a Kerry team. O Donoghue was simple awesome, but 4 or 5 more lads hit levels they have not hit before in a Kerry jersey.

could not have said it bety

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

sean mac wrote: »
    I have heard some rubbish about sunday bit some on here beats all. Both sides have huge issues about a number of players, tactics and worryingly form. But imo the one huge advantage Kerry have is in midfield especially with donncha walsh doing the work he does. Walsh had a brilliant 5 minute cameo vs tipp to win the game but up until that point he was totally out of the game and made no impression, he has never driven on since 2010 and has failed miserably to provide any sort of consistency to his game at this level, in addition buckley and maher have held the whip hand over him for the last few years. Worse for me is that as a huge man he hasn't an ounce of dog required for this level. While he will make the odd brilliant run, might kick a score or 2 he is not anywhere near consistent enough in this area of the pitch in terms of winning primary possession, tackling, blocking and upsetting the opposition. Alongside him we have the greatest u21 player I have seen from cork in a while who despite being a senior for TEN YEARS has never once imo dominated a game as his talent suggested he might and certainly will not now, he was destroyed vs tipp and there is absolutely nothing in the previous past to suggest fintan has the nous for this level of football, alongside walsh it is the nicest midfield cork have had for a long time. Adding to this woe is the fact we have a brand new half back line -a centre back who has played full back, wing back and corner back for cork this year but rarely in the pivotal 6 position, some ask for this fella to hold the centre on sunday. Alongside him we have an antrim man who scores highly on bleep tests but if he had a north cork accent wouldn't be in the squad and for a back is really poor defensively at this level. Cahalane has the dog, has the ability but hasn't kicked a ball in anger since the Dublin game in MAY. Now if Kerry with a solid midfield pairing and a mixture of experience in Declan o Sullivan, Sheehan and walsh cant do serious damage in this area then they are in a bad way.
    And finally to add to the sob story cork have a keeper who cannot kick the ball accurately past 30 metres, watch the Dublin game back or talk to anyone at the recent tipp game where his nerve went 20 minutes in and he started kicking to the corner back when tipp filtered back the pitch. If Kerry have done their homework they will push up and make ohallorhan kick out, he has a mx distance of 45 metres and is inaccurate.
    While cork certainly have potential in the forwards outside the well past it goulding I expect Kerry to win this by a 3 points or less.

Lads, as predicted I was spot on with where this would collapse with cork, despite the fact we have a clueless novice on the line and some absolutely gutless characters on the team I got this result/performance right, obviously margin of victory is much bigger then I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Comhghairdeas.

Another great day for the kingdom.

sean mac wrote: »
    Lads, as predicted I was spot on with where this would collapse with cork, despite the fact we have a clueless novice on the line and some absolutely gutless characters on the team I got this result/performance right, obviously margin of victory is much bigger then I expected.

You were spot on Infairness.

You would wonder how Cork were so poor I was amazed with there lack of hunger.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Frank Garrett?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Looking forward to all those who posted during the week giving us their assessment of that result. You know who you are! :D

Kerry were excellent and from 1-15, I think every Kerry player got the better of their opponent. It has to be said though, Cork were appalling and you can start with "off the field" stuff and go from there to get to the root of their problems.

As I tried to explain to someone during the week, not kicking a ball for almost 6 weeks is not good preparation for a serious championship match, yet that's what 3 of Cork's players (in pivotal areas) have gone through. The Dual player thing is surely dead anyway if there's any sense?

James O'Donoghue, I was worried about pre-game, now..I wish we could have extended the game for 2 hours just to keep watching him. What a player. He's approaching Gooch-level of performance at this stage.
    Little mention for my man Shane Enright aswell, held Brian Hurley to 1 from play and utterly dominated him. Super stuff, but in fairness, all players performed superbly. Now..to Croker...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭wonga77

whens the quarters fixed for? County championship next weekend right?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Was thinking of CT when it was obvious midway through the first half that Enright had Hurley's number. Very good performance.

All the out of form players reached their true level today which was amazing to see. Ridic good showing. Delighted to be proved wrong about how the game would go.

Who can we get in the QF?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

keane2097 wrote: »
    Who can we get in the QF?

If the losers of Connaught (presumably Galway) beat their qualifier team in Round 4 then we will play them, then that could setup a potential All-Ireland Semi-Final against Mayo as its Connaught V Munster this year.

If Cork got their act together we could potentially meet them in an All-Ireland Semi again. I'm predicting either a Kerry V Dublin or Kerry V Donegal All-Ireland Final this year. Donegal are building and will come out of Ulster fighting and maybe the team to derail the Dubs this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Stinicker wrote: »
    If the losers of Connaught (presumably Galway) beat their qualifier team in Round 4 then we will play them, then that could setup a potential All-Ireland Semi-Final against Mayo as its Connaught V Munster this year.

If Cork got their act together we could potentially meet them in an All-Ireland Semi again. I'm predicting either a Kerry V Dublin or Kerry V Donegal All-Ireland Final this year. Donegal are building and will come out of Ulster fighting and maybe the team to derail the Dubs this year.

Do you fancy Kerry this year? Be some achievement without the gooch.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

What gob****e on the Sunday game team decided not to include Bryan Sheehan's brilliant free in the highlights :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Do you fancy Kerry this year? Be some achievement without the gooch.

Lol.....he fancies Kerry Every year, lays low for the winter if Sam hasn't arrived but comes back in the summer spouting 'Glory to the Kingdom, the true holders of the flame' - its certainly entertaining, if a bit obvious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement