Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Bored stiff, so having a mooch around the cloud 9 vaping site.

I really like the Titanide stuff. I can see myself sat on the back of a yacht vaping away on those.

Sure are pretty and shiney :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Howdy folks. Just want to say cheers - i'm another to a long list of lurkers who educated myself on vaping (a way to leave cigarettes behind) through the community on this here. There's some good information and debate here which has been very helpful.

I've smoked for the last 15 years (age 13 - 28) and have finally broken the habit. I don't feel that vaping is benign but its a damn sight better than smokes.

Currently I alternate between Smoke Green e-cig (which i really like taste/ buzz of) and my vape. Started with Intellicig but much prefer smoke Green.

For Vape I started with the Starter Kit from Esmoke Ireland, which has been pretty good. Ego twist with Inokin iClear 16s, which seem good. I've tried the Aspire BDC also but found that ****e. Currently have an order for the Evod but dont expect that to be better. Was very dissapointed with cartomisers - expected them to be like the ecigs (smoke green/ Intellicig) but they werent handy like that and had poor taste (as well as being more of a pain than a clearomiser, which I also didnt expect).

In terms of liqiuid I do like the Cigarillos Naturales ftom House of Liquid. I actually mix this with RY-C10 from wingnuts though which I find makes it even better.

Have also tried apple, watermelon and cola from Liqua, none of which I enjoyed. Gummy Bears from Wingnuts is enjoyable but seems tontaste different depending on strength - 12mg was nice, 20mg not so much.

Have an order due tomorrow to contain Papillon Oranic Tobacco, HOL GoldenVirginia and Wingnuts Vanilla Custard.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Where do I stand?
    I placed an order 3 weeks ago with an Irish vendor (no names here) they offer free next day delivery when you order over a certain amount. My order was over this. I got the tracking number from them but after 3 days it was still showing "in transit". I contacted both fastway and the vendor to see what was happening. Eventually, after 1 week of 'searching', fastway admitted that they have lost the origional package. Fair enough, I understand that happens. It's been nearly 2 weeks since fastway owned up and I have yet to revieve the order or replacement.

As far as I'm aware the contract for the courier is with the vendor, so therefore I shouldn't have to wait for any insurance claims to be made to be sent a replacement.
    Can I cancel the order?
    Should I just wait it out?
    Am I being impatient?!

My stocks are running low and I need the funds back if I'm to order from a different site.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

If the vendor was any good and wants to keep you a a future customer he should have dispatched another order to you straight away, after all you didn't lose the package and have paid for the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

As you had paid for the items but not received them then i believe you should have had them replaced straight away. Then, as you said, the details between the vendor and the courier can be sorted out between themselves. 2-3 weeks is not OK for an Irish vendor.

• Advertisement

2-3 weeks is a joke.

I've had stuff from China faster than that but in all fairness most Irish vendor will dispatch same day if your order in in before noon so it's next day delivery.
    You were probably just unlucky,I have dealt with at least 7-8 Irish vendors and found them all excellent.

2-3 weeks is a joke.

I've had stuff from China faster than that but in all fairness most Irish vendor will dispatch same day if your order in in before noon so it's next day delivery.
    You were probably just unlucky,I have dealt with at least 7-8 Irish vendors and found them all excellent.

I was put on to them because of A. Their product range was the biggest, and B. Their customer support was 'excellent'

I feel bad emailing them about this as I get the feeling I'm pestering them. But they have €70 of my money and I currently have feck all!

Send them an email explaining that your running out of stuff and don't have the money to replace it. They should dispatch the order straight away or refund the money so you can order elsewhere.

PS, Don't feel bad about sending it. If you you owed them €70 you can be sure you would have had plenty of emails by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

You have the patience of a saint imo

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Where do I stand?
    I placed an order 3 weeks ago with an Irish vendor (no names here) they offer free next day delivery when you order over a certain amount. My order was over this. I got the tracking number from them but after 3 days it was still showing "in transit". I contacted both fastway and the vendor to see what was happening. Eventually, after 1 week of 'searching', fastway admitted that they have lost the origional package. Fair enough, I understand that happens. It's been nearly 2 weeks since fastway owned up and I have yet to revieve the order or replacement.

As far as I'm aware the contract for the courier is with the vendor, so therefore I shouldn't have to wait for any insurance claims to be made to be sent a replacement.
    Can I cancel the order?
    Should I just wait it out?
    Am I being impatient?!

My stocks are running low and I need the funds back if I'm to order from a different site.

Fastway are a bloody disaster. Checked my last order it had returned to the depot twice, emailed them about it they said they had a van break down and it was a system error (the tracking).
    Waited a few more days tracking eventually said it was delivered and signed on paper :o Which made me think wtf. Emailed them again they said they delivered it to the correct address - take my issue up with the vendor. No mention of the signature.

I emailed the vendor who were prompt and friendly as always. Thank you.
    It turned up a day later, dropped in the letter box.

But to go back on topic, i feel the same as everyone else here. Dont be afraid to email the vendor. Do feel free to be afraid of Fastway. That was not my first issue :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Fastway are a bloody disaster. Checked my last order it had returned to the depot twice, emailed them about it they said they had a van break down and it was a system error (the tracking).
    Waited a few more days tracking eventually said it was delivered and signed on paper :o Which made me think wtf. Emailed them again they said they delivered it to the correct address - take my issue up with the vendor. No mention of the signature.

I emailed the vendor who were prompt and friendly as always. Thank you.
    It turned up a day later, dropped in the letter box.

But to go back on topic, i feel the same as everyone else here. Dont be afraid to email the vendor. Do feel free to be afraid of Fastway. That was not my first issue :p

I think the service from Fastway is very dependant on the driver you get.
    I used to slate them for a long time but since we got a new driver in our area the service has been great, if they could just repeat this across all their regions they'd be on to a winning formula.

Thanks all, eventually got it sorted. Replacement was delivered along with 40ml of free juice. Still disappointed it took so long to sort out...

On to my next purchases! Any thoughts or advice on evic controll head with kir fanis tele tube and ehpro kfl+?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Aerotank Mega and mini are in stock at ESI.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Just want to give a mention to the lads in Different Smoking in Mary Street Mall, very friendly and helpful guys with some interesting juices from italy and Europe that I hadn't seen before, reasonably priced too. More than happy to Let you taste anything and have disposable drip tips which some places haven't!

Got a really tasty Italian Coffee juice from them, have been really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Valentine1 wrote: »
    Just want to give a mention to the lads in Different Smoking in Mary Street Mall, very friendly and helpful guys with some interesting juices from italy and Europe that I hadn't seen before, reasonably priced too. More than happy to Let you taste anything and have disposable drip tips which some places haven't!

Got a really tasty Italian Coffee juice from them, have been really enjoying it.

+1 have tried the pear and absinthe, black cherry and Nutty one ( snickers) bought them all... quality juices, DEA and another i cant remember... will post upwhen home from work. I would recommend them though.

I have a list of juiice to swap so will post up on the other page if anyones interested √

On to my next purchases! Any thoughts or advice on evic controll head with kir fanis tele tube and ehpro kfl+?

Slight change of plan, provari mini on its way :-) anyone got the Kfl+ clone and care to share an opinion. I've never seen one in the flesh and I don't know where my nearest b&m is tbh. Don't think there's one between here and dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I have a kayfun lite clone and I find it pretty good, it leaks a bit sometimes if it gets too hot but no major issues. Very, very easy to rebuild and rewick. 0.32mm kanthal and about 8 or 9 wraps on a 2mm drillbit gives ~1.5 ohms if you have a regulated mod, 6 or 7 wraps for ~1 ohm if you don't.

The kanger aerotank mega.

Does everything you need, looks good too.

Dog not included.

Dog not included.

Where did you get your one?

54kroc wrote: »
    Where did you get your one?

E-smokeireland. €29. Not cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meso Harney

are the ecigs for sale in Tesco outfits good ones?

Dog not included.

Does it gurgle when it gets below 1/3? I've currently got evods and a pt3, they all bubble away when juice is low. Means there's feck all vapour 30% of the time. Yeah I could fill them up, but why advertise the juice capacity when so much of it is unusable

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Redzer4

I came across nemesis clone, aerotanks for allot cheaper at i Vape, Navan. Their prices are really good and super quick shipping. I wouldn't touch tesco stuff personally. I like to go to a good Vape store and support the people that are trained and in the know-that's my thoughts on it.

What brand is the stuff they sell in Tesco!

Does it gurgle when it gets below 1/3? I've currently got evods and a pt3, they all bubble away when juice is low. Means there's feck all vapour 30% of the time. Yeah I could fill them up, but why advertise the juice capacity when so much of it is unusable

I use a PT3 Mini with evod batteries and never experience any gurgling at all, can vape until I get dry hits no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Redzer4 wrote: »
    I came across nemesis clone, aerotanks for allot cheaper at i Vape, Navan. Their prices are really good and super quick shipping. I wouldn't touch tesco stuff personally. I like to go to a good Vape store and support the people that are trained and in the know-that's my thoughts on it.

You can get nemesis clones cheaper than i-vape sell them. If as cheap as humanly possible is the most important thing for you, then that's a relevant arguement. However if you want a clone made by a decent clone manufacturer thats' of a higher quality than expect to pay a little bit more and buy from one of the know good quality manufacturers. To me it's a balancing act between price and quality. If someone says to me so and so has that clone cheaper, then the first question that comes to mind is, yea but who makes it?

For example the Kayfun clone sold at e-smokeireland.eu is the best Kayfun clone out there. It's made by eHpro and is a 1:1 exact clone of the original for half the price. The iVape one maybe €3 cheaper but who makes it? It defintely doesn't look like the eHpro version that ESI sells..

Also the Kanger Aerotank that iVape sells for €20 is definitely cheaper than the Kanger Aerotank Mega that e-smokeireland.eu sells.. but that's because they're two different things. The Aerotank Mega is newer, better, more expensive version than the old Aerotank.

I don't mind you bigging up a vaping shop but at least compare apples for apples. Also I bet if you called ESI you'd find they're very knowledgeable and helpful, they've been selling vaping stuff for a lot longer than most.

No problems so far. Filled and completely emptied it four times so far and all is good.

When I get more used to the amount of juice it holds, I'll switch over to the stainless steel tube it also comes with.

Considering moving from a Fixed Voltage evod bettery set up to an iTasteMVP 2.0 anyoen done something similar? Would people recommend the MVP?

Ive only been vaping for about 6 weeks but I'd like to try bigger tanks with variable airflow like the nautilus and aerotank which might technically work with the batteries I have but aren't really a good option. E50 seems about average online which strikes me as good value. Any other similar options I should look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

49.95 is the cheapest i could find: http://www.ezsmoke.ie/itaste-with-iclear16-p-402.html
    Got one about 6 months ago and ill be buying another soon - once my 2 spare ego batts are totally used up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I got one of these Itaste vv/vw and the battery life is bad. It wouldn't last me a full day. So if the battery is the same type in the mvp I would avoid it. I just keep mine in the car with the charger for emergencies.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb8KRcc-CT6tvHQpIx7Cf4Qvm2Yfhw3CBdF-hDy_umefiz9cBEqw

Advertisement