Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 dead in Californian Shooting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

His roomates, apparently.

His Youtube channel videos are just disturbing. :(

Are they all like the one in the car? Boring, narcissistic and with a weird laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A good looking kid who drove a BMW to school, was filthy rich and the son of a movie director. It would have been harder not to get laid to be honest.

His videos remind me of Patrick Bateman (portrayed by Christian Bale) in the movie 'American Psycho'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

He didn't half come across as an arrogant ****er in that video did he? Also, a student driving a nice Beemer? Privileged spoiled asshole.

Son of the second unit director of Hunger Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭dickface

He was an ass burger, it wasn't his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

dickface wrote: »

No not at all. It was the girls' faults for not falling for his self proclaimed perfection. How silly of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Blay wrote: »
    California has the tightest gun laws in the US. Tighter than here in some respects.

They need to solve the problem country-wide or state gun laws are no good.

So his parents saw his strange videos and what did they do? They reported them to the police. He's your son, can you not handle him yourself? Add bad parenting to the mix.

To report their own child to the police must mean they were seriously concerned about his behaviour. Many parents would bury their heads in the sand believing their child is an angel no matter what.

Based on what we know, IMO they did the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,533 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The problem in the US is that people don't get the help they need because of the way healthcare system is set up and in lieu of proper help they think that this type of action somehow solves their problems or settles the score.

The US should look at why some people think going into a school and shooting kids is the answer to their problems.

Look at how many firearms have existed in Ireland over the years...have we had a school shooting..or any mass shooting? The worst thing we normally get is someone barricading themselves inside a house with a firearm until the Gardai get them out..they don't typically involve others or kill others, but in the US for some reason; they do. Firearms owners here aren't immune to stress etc. but they don't act out like people in the US and they're not normally killed and their firearms taken by a relative as happened with Adam Lanza. Answering the 'why' of all that is the first step for the US.

It's too easy to say 'it's da gunz'..even if they disappeared tomorrow in the US, there will remain a serious amount of people that think killing multiple people is the answer to some perceived slight, that's a serious issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Just read that three men were found stabbed to death at his apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Could only watch the first three minutes of his final video. Apart from being incredibly fd up, I was cringing so hard. Truly crazy stuff.

Edit: Seriously, its like he plays Dungeons and Dragons as a Chinese movie villain. All the forced laughing and rivers of blood shoite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

dickface wrote: »

http://www.autismireland.ie/about-autism/what-is-aspergers/

Aspergers is not a joke, it's not makey uppy condition you know. It can be extremely difficult for someone with Aspergers to relate to others and this is a lifelong struggle for those affected.

http://www.autismireland.ie/about-autism/what-is-aspergers/

Aspergers is not a joke, it's not makey uppy condition you know. It can be extremely difficult for someone with Aspergers to relate to others and this is a lifelong struggle for those affected.

He's making a joke based on a South Park episode I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

Hard to believe how someone in his family didn't realize how messed up this kid was b4 now,surely he must have been showing signs for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sitamoia

Just read the last 20 pages of this, some fupped up shít!
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/225936731/Untitled#page=1

amkin25 wrote: »
    Hard to believe how someone in his family didn't realize how messed up this kid was b4 now,surely he must have been showing signs for a long time now.

They reported him to the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

He's making a joke based on a South Park episode I think.

Fair enough, I didn't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

as ever Charlie Brooker on media coverage of mass shootings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I thought the original thread title was very clever and witty.

What was it? Or is this something we're not allowed to ask by the mods? :p

Sitamoia wrote: »
    Just read the last 20 pages of this, some fupped up shít!
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/225936731/Untitled#page=1

It's a bit like Anders Breivik's 'manifesto', I remember reading it back when he was on trial. Had to download it as a PDF and I was thinking 'Fcuk me, I hope the guards don't kick down my door thinking I'm going to take after him'.
    as ever Charlie Brooker on media coverage of mass shootings

There's truth in that, I remember after James Holmes' cinema shooting, Sky News had a psychiatrist or psychologist or whatever on and they said that after a high profile shooting like this another one will typically follow within 30 days and the person will have been 'triggered' for want of a better word..by the coverage of the initial shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sitamoia

It's a bit like Anders Breivik's 'manifesto', I remember reading it back when he was on trial. Had to download it as a PDF and I was thinking 'Fcuk me, I hope the guards don't kick down my door thinking I'm going to take after him'.

Never read his but this is like an auto-biography.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

They reported him to the police.

Yeah just recently though after one of these last videos,him being 22 he has been going down a dark road a while now to end up in this frame of mind,surely if someone was paying attention it could have been noticed coz he is so far gone with this maniacal laugh to himself,this took a while to get to this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Hotale.com wrote: »
    What was it? Or is this something we're not allowed to ask by the mods? :p

"Virgin finally shoots his load", something like that. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

"Virgin finally shoots his load", something like that. :P

Jesus, I laughed.

Sitamoia wrote: »
    Never read his but this is like an auto-biography.

Breivik's wasn't an autobography like this but had a lot of detail on his beliefs, his equipment etc.

It's hard to believe that someone that isn't the full shilling can have the presence of mind to write something like this. Whether this lad has invented a lot of this or it really happened, it's a lot of detail to go into when you're not 100% upstairs. He goes through his whole life pretty much..I can't remember what i did last week and I couldn't even be bothered to make up a story fo what I did if someone asked me.

It's hard to believe that someone that isn't the full shilling can have the presence of mind to write something like this. Whether this lad has invented a lot of this or it really happened, it's a lot of detail to go into when you're not 100% upstairs. He goes through his whole life pretty much..I can't remember what i did last week and I couldn't even be bothered to make up a story fo what I did if someone asked me.

He comes across as intelligent to me, he just seems to be completely lacking in social skills. Completely deluded as well.

He comes across as intelligent to me, he just seems to be completely lacking in social skills. Completely deluded as well.

Yeah I took that from it too. He seems to equate having money with sex.

I think this line is particularly chilling;
    They deserved to die horrible, painful deaths just for the crime of enjoying a better life than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Being intelligent and suffering from mental illness aren't two things that are mutually exclusive you know.

Being intelligent and suffering from mental illness aren't two things that are mutually exclusive you know.

Didn't say they were. :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

For what it's worth, in this case, for the first three people he killed, he used a knife. Equal opportunity weaponeer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

It's too easy to say 'it's da gunz'..even if they disappeared tomorrow in the US, there will remain a serious amount of people that think killing multiple people is the answer to some perceived slight, that's a serious issue.

I reckon most bullied kids think about killing their bullies, but not all of them have access to guns. I have been watching CNN all night and they mentioned he bought the guns himself and they are registered in his name - you cannot do this in Ireland. We simply do not have a problem with civilians shooting-up public areas.

I reckon our bullied kids in Ireland just commit suicide. Killing a load people with a knife is a lot of hassle and then trying to commit suicide afterwards to escape prison is too much hassle. Instead, they just kill themselves to escape the bulling.

Advertisement